PDA

View Full Version : Am I a Drag Queen?

ChloeMartin
03-23-2011, 11:34 AM
OK, I'm probably overstating just to have a good title. But I don't know what else to call it. Recently I've gone out during the day just to get out as my girl self. I've found that going out in everyday girl clothes and makeup makes me feel uncomfortable and conspicuous. Though I feel I can look good, wearing low heals, jeans or simple dress just doesn't do it for me. Even if I could be assured others accepted me, I don't think its what I like to do.

But if I can go out to a club or similar venue in 3-3.5 inch heels, more glamorous makeup, a dress that screams instead of whispers... well that's fun. And the comments and reaction I get from a trans-friendly atmosphere is equally satasifying. To be called honey or sweetie, have someone open a door for me, etc. It brings out a different side of my personality - I feel confident, extremely social, fun. I can have fun talking to new people and feel much differently than I do in a similar venue as a boy.

All of this time, I've assumed that wanting to go out is about acceptance. And I think it still is. But perhaps I need to fine tune that idea/goal. I don't really care to be seen as a real or everyday woman. I like the glamour and the attention that an attractive, fashionable and even brash woman gets.

Anyone else feel this way about dressing?

I know a lot of Drag Queens dress only for entertainment and for the nightlife. Rather than wanting to be a girl all the time. I believe they also don't care to dress "normal" or to pass.

So Am I a Drag Queen (Junior Grade - I don't own any rhinestones and have never lip synced.) :)

Julogden
03-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Unless you call other people "Mary", you're not a real DQ. ;)

You're probably a Drag Princess. :)

Carol

msginaadoll
03-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Chloe, I think you just like the fun and glamour of dressing up! Heck it should be fun!! I like being a drag princess(at times) myself. If ya ain't having fun why do it. Ms gina drag princess 2nd class

AnnaCalliope
03-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Unless you call other people "Mary", you're not a real DQ. ;)

You're probably a Drag Princess. :)

Carol

Please tell me that's not the case! I call other drivers' 'Mary' as opposed to using profanity when someone cuts me off or is driving to slow.

docrobbysherry
03-23-2011, 07:41 PM
You're DEFINITELY not alone, Chloe! Personally, I preferred to wear black, blend, and just hang with other girls at the SCC.:thumbsup:

But, Sherry wants NONE OF THAT!:Angry3: She thinks she's a STAR!:brolleyes:

NOT a DQ, tho. More like a well known "female impersonator"!:heehee:
(I KNOW that's ridiculous! So, U tell her, ok?):straightface:

Sherry WAS "Mary" Xmas 2 years ago!? Does THAT count?:eek:

Alice Torn
03-23-2011, 09:29 PM
I get your drift. My very first full day out, I dressed to the nines, got a lot of attention. Since them, more conservative. Part of me wants to do the glamor thing in public again, though. Not a DQ, though. I like sexy conservative skirtsuits, sleeveless sheath dresses, hose, and 4" heels.

NicoleScott
03-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Chloe, I can relate. And I thought no one else felt this way.
My preferred style of makeup and dressing is overdone glamour. I tried different looks over the years of dressing up home alone. But I wasn't happy with my look unless it was overdone. I especially liked very high heels, long eyelashes and lots of eye makeup, and deep red lips and nails. Happy at home, but I wanted to go out, where my style wouldn't passs well. But toning it down didn't please me. I don't have a burning desire to pass in public, so I don't tone it down just so I can go out. So when I went out, I went overdone, but I stayed pretty much away from crowds.
But I wanted to go IN, not just out. While on vacation in Florida, I went to a tg-friendly club. In the afternoon, I went in guy mode and asked about coming back that evening en femme. No problem. So I did. And I made up and dressed MY way, heavy makeup, glittery jewelry, high heels, way overdone, but happy. No problem. Warmly greeted when I walked in, I was put at ease immediately. I had nice conversations with other patrons. I had a really good time.
I didn't mind that others knew that I was an obvious crossdresser. I accomplished what I set out to do: go where I could be accepted and have a good time, dressed and made up my way. When I returned to the apartment, I felt exhilirated. I went back three more times the next year.
Having done that, and happy I did, I now have less desire to go out. Don't know why.
You can help to overcome your fears by doing some research. Call or visit ahead of time, and have your questions answered. I didn't know, so I asked which restroom to use (answer: either). Anything to avoid a potential bad situation.
Just do it. And have fun. Full report expected.
p.s. I have rhinestones

Avana
03-24-2011, 01:51 PM
among other trans girls i often feel like a queen because i am very interested in style and fashion, and I definitely glam it up when I go out, especially as far as styling is concerned. And I am tall and work the part.