PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity Knocks Again

AKAMichelle
03-24-2011, 12:05 AM
I don't know what it is but I have been fortunate lately with lots of opportunities to tell people about me being a cd'er and the meetup group that I run. These people haven't said anything about cd'ing to give me a clue about their acceptance but they end up accepting anyway.

Tonight I told a woman that I have talked with several times at Walmart. She works there part time and I told her right off the bat tonight that I was a cd'er. That got into a very long conversation that lasted about 30-45 minutes. To make a long story short she is a hair dresser by profession. She is trying to open her own shop but works at Walmart until she can get the hair stylist business off the ground. Well she said that she would help me with my hair styling and even cutting my hair. So now I have a new friend and a hair stylist to boot.

You just never know where the opportunity will take you.

Eryn
03-24-2011, 12:12 AM
That's a great story! Sounds like you have a great resource for yourself, and you and the other members of your meetup group will likely help the lady get her business off the ground!

AllieSF
03-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Michelle, sometimes I think that you are worse than I am and just talk too damn much! Way to go, one step and person at a time.

Kathy4ever
03-24-2011, 05:17 AM
That's great that she is willing to cut your hair and she knows about you. Have fun and I hope she is a good hairdresser.

Cynthia Anne
03-24-2011, 06:04 AM
Sounds like fun! Going to a beauty salon where you know your going to be treated with respect! What could be better! Hugs!

Kate Simmons
03-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Just be mindful of the old shampoo commercial Hon. I told two friends, they told two friends and so on and so on......... Pretty soon the whole town knows.:battingeyelashes::)

AKAMichelle
03-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Michelle, sometimes I think that you are worse than I am and just talk too damn much! Way to go, one step and person at a time.

That's why the two of us were so dangerous together. We seemed to feed off each other.

Just be mindful of the old shampoo commercial Hon. I told two friends, they told two friends and so on and so on......... Pretty soon the whole town knows.:battingeyelashes::)

I don't worry about the people in town as much. It is the clients out of town that bother me much more.

kimdl93
03-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Michelle, in an earlier post you mentioned a feeling that you might have a higher calling - perhaps this is it. Using the opportunities presented in your every day life to help people - one by one - become more understanding of us; and at the same time helping them in thier own lives.