PDA

View Full Version : Ever get jealous of women at work?

Gwinnie
03-24-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm gone. No more to see here

kimdl93
03-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Of course...well, maybe jealousy is too strong a word. Is envious a little less hostile-perhaps not. Do I imagine myself in their clothes - all the time.

marissa_sissy
03-24-2011, 03:12 PM
I look at women, and the word is not exactly "jealous" per se. I would say that a better word might be envious. I have days when I see a really sexy female dressed in really sexy clothes, and think, "If I looked like that I would never work again. lol.

Samantha Scott
03-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Yes, especially when they get to wear our corporate tight dresses that hug their bodies with a 3-4 inch heel or knee high boot everyday, I'd be willing to go through the daily pain of the heels to look that good.

Ericka2
03-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Yes , I get soo jealous....specially when I know I could look better then her! Not fair!

Love, Ericka.

Rianna Humble
03-24-2011, 03:38 PM
I often say to other women at work how jealous I am of them because I could not get what they are wearing in my size and anyway my shape would not make it look half as good.

Sandy Banks
03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Never! Most of the women I work with usually dress like crap and are viewed by many people(not a private business). They could do so much better and try very little to look good.

JulieC
03-24-2011, 04:49 PM
She just doesn't seem to appreciate how lucky she really is.

It's not special. It's just their clothes, the uniform of business.

I love pantyhose. Always have. I think women are incredibly lucky to wear them whenever they feel like it. To most women, they're just another form of socks. Nothing special to them.

I don't think it's that women are so lucky to wear what they do. Rather, I think it's unlucky that our society hasn't evolved to the point where it's acceptable for us to dress the same way.

But yes, I do get envious at times seeing coworkers dressed in ways that make me melt, wishing I was dressed the same.

sissystephanie
03-24-2011, 05:43 PM
I am self employed, so I am the only woman at work. And I don't get jealous of myself, at least not yet!!LOL

Billie Jean
03-24-2011, 06:07 PM
I was envious of our Infection Controll nurse's dress and sweater just the other day:o. Boy do I ever have the perfect shoes and purse to go with it:heehee:. Billie Jean

Patrice_CD
03-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I wear more makeup daily than half the women in my office. That tells you a bit about how they dress :-)

RachelRICD
03-24-2011, 06:22 PM
I was told last week that I have forced a liot of women I work with to update their daily fashion choices. I get compliments all the time and I don't do anything special I just dress and act feminine and take care what I wear. Guess I'm raising the bar...LOL

Carrie R
03-24-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't get jealous, I'd be happy I get to sleep in the extra hour or so it takes to get ready.

Stephanie Miller
03-24-2011, 06:37 PM
I just left one of my jobsites (construction) and the two gals there dress talk and act like male construction workers :sad:. All that estrogen.... wasted!

Kathryn Philips
03-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Not just at work, I am and have always been, envious/jealous of women wherever they are!

WandaRae2009
03-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Is is jealosy or envy. Many times I see a dress, skirt, top or accesory, and I think I would like that, I wonder where she got it. Some day I might even have the nerve to ask "where did you get that, it is so cute", but in these days from a man would that be considered sexual harrasment?

Matt2Lynn
03-24-2011, 07:42 PM
For me its envy for the wonderful women that I'm fortunate to work with, and frustration that society is what it is. It would be wonderful to be able compliment someone without fearing the reprisal of how do you know so much about women's things? Or the are you weird look on their face its an awkward feeling. So we say nothing for the fear of law suits or disciplinary actions because you are misunderstood.

Sarasometimes
03-24-2011, 09:51 PM
I my old profession it was near torture. Working in a hair salon is femininity overload! Between the staff's outfits and the clients I sometimes ran out of envy and it was barely lunchtime. Then add all the beauty and girl talk, I had to switch to a more macho job for sanity's sake. Now beauty school was different because then they would practice on me like i was one of the girls. I like the idea that women aren't llucky to have to dress but we are unlucky not to have true freedom to dress the same way.

Barbara Dugan
03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
not really at work but outside yes

Suzette Muguet de Mai
03-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Be careful when you stare, it maybe interpreted differently to why you are staring. Especially when that pencil skirt fits so well and you are imagining how it would feel on. Or that lacey bra that just peers out from between a cleavage you want to replicate later. Must be why I get too many frowned looks when I stare.

Samantha W
03-24-2011, 10:53 PM
All the time. I work in paper mill where everything is measured in tons and moved with a forklift or crain. But the ladys still do their hair nice and wear makeup. Yep. Im envious

NathalieX66
03-24-2011, 11:06 PM
I work in a fashion environment. The girls in my company have great taste.
I am fascinated by how these girls & women come to the conclusion that something is hip and cool so much so that they willingly embrace it & spend rediculous amounts of money because they like it.
I want to participate too....that's why I crossdress.

Gwinnie
03-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Well, I was right. Today is a ruffled blouse and insanely long flowing skirt. Layers and layers of ruffles and then more covering her hands. She is constantly shaking them back. the skirt is so long she has to pick it up to walk while the rest of it just flutters behind her. I don't think the skirt or the ruffles ever stop moving. LOL Sigh

Amy Lynn3
03-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Envy for me too. No only at the office, but the Mall, Church, Airport or other places I see women. One lady at my office dressed like Olive Oil on the Popeye Cartoons. She was beautiful and wore nice makeup, but I never had envy for her dress. UGH!!

RenneB
03-25-2011, 09:20 AM
You bet, but then again, I'm on the lookout for a new fashion combination. A nice pink sweater over a pink blouse or a nice pair of tight jeans on casual friday with white pumps is a great look.

Then I have to take a trip over to the local walmart and kapow.... no fashion sense there. Fluffy slippers with ratty ol' sweat pants is an abuse of being born GG. Ya' know, I once read that a particular women loves going to the dollar store by saying, "it's not like I'm going to walmart and have to put on my good sweatpants...". LOL....

Renne....

Pythos
03-25-2011, 09:56 AM
You all that are so envious, and or jealous that would like to wear such stuff. DO IT!!! LOL.

Not all at once, but just work it in, that is if your job will allow you. Break these damndable boundaries and double standards. Do as the women did, and fight for your right to wear what you want. It is hard to be sure. You will end up limiting yourself....that is until the numbers increase to the point it becomes mainstream and hence acceptable.

The GGs are correct. The earned their right to wear what they want, and not get labled horrible terms, have the sanity questioned, be rejected by potential mates, or jobs, and so on and so forth.

We need to do the same.

samiam45
03-25-2011, 10:10 AM
I get jealous, but often frustrated because so many of the women I work with need to learn to be/dress more feminine.

t-girlxsophie
03-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Nope,they are usually wearing the same honking lime green ASDA uniform:puke:,albeit in a feminine cut that Im wearing,only when the clubbers come into the shop late night,dressed to the nines do I get jealous.

Sophie

carhill2mn
03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Naw, that never happened to me (grin)!

Rachel05
03-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Well that would have to be a resounding yes, one of my colleagues in particular has some fantastic clothes and I love to see how she dresses and would love to try some

VanessaVW
03-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Jealous would be too harsh and go too far. I appreciate their good taste in clothing when they do wear nice things.

darla_g
03-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Practically never. where i work most of the women wear such nondescript clothes they could be candidates for "What Not to Wear"

Makeup very rare too. I think even a woman in their 40s or 50s could benefit from a bit , not over done. But it seem only women in their 20s go to any trouble.

Pythos
03-26-2011, 10:28 AM
samiam,

Honsestly, who are you to judge what is more or less feminine. You saying that is equal to women telling men they need to dress more masculine. It is just as bad. If they want to wear what they do, then you do the same. If they tell you to dress more like a man, tell them the same. Turnabout is fair play.

Annie D
03-26-2011, 11:16 AM
I am a high school teacher and what I have noticed about the female teachers (in addition to how much younger they seem to be getting) is that most really look very nicely dressed on Monday (they undoubtedly have had the time to prepare) and by Friday it's jeans for everyone. I'm talking dresses, skirts, hose, heels and hair styled, fashion jewelry on Monday; dress pants replace dress/skirt on Tuesday, stud earring replace hoops with hair brushed or combed on Wednesday, cotton top replaces fashion blouse on Thursday and jeans, cotton top or school motiff t-shirt and tennis shoes on Friday.

Of course, I never take notice of women's clothing or what they are wearing.....I just mind my own business and dream.

Mercedes
03-27-2011, 01:15 AM
I am always watching what the women are wearing but there are not many that fit my tastes. However I have one colleague that always dresses well, and I always make sure to point it out. I know she is not making any assumptions but one day I am sure she is going to ask if there any any shoes of hers I do not like.

Mercedes XOXOXO

rocketscientist
03-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Hey Steph, maybe YOU should show those gals how it's done! LOL:doh: Hugs, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

I just left one of my jobsites (construction) and the two gals there dress talk and act like male construction workers :sad:. All that estrogen.... wasted!

Lucy_Bella
03-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Never !! Love to see women dressing at that level@!!!!

SarahMarie42
03-27-2011, 01:38 AM
I find myself jealous of other girls on campus, but at least I can enjoy admiring them from a male perspective (even if I am insanely envious from a female perspective).

Jolene
03-27-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm sitting here at work and there are 2 women here. both have beautiful skirts on and one has an amazing silky blouse with a high neck, puffy long billowing sleeves. Every time she moves the whole sleeve flutters. She doesn't know how lucky she is.

I am the time, but we can enjoy a beautiful woman much more fully than an average male. To admire how nice she looks in her outfit and to wonder how we would look wearing it. :)

tamarav
03-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Definitely not any of the ladies I work with, but maybe with a few of the clients that come in for hair services. I am usually the best dressed, made up and have my hair styled, unlike my contemporaries...

dennisGTS
03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Nope, all the ladies I work with wear the same combat uniform as I do...

Jamie14
03-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Every day, although only of the ones tht take the time to dress up and really make themselves look amazing!!. Still haunted by the sound of high heels coming down the hallway.......just wish it could be me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charise52
03-28-2011, 12:44 AM
They always look good... it always a plesasure to watfh them