PDA

View Full Version : Sit or Stand?

april_lynn
03-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Since coming out to my spouse about 6 weeks ago, I have been underdressing in panties every day. Over the last week I started sitting to go to the bathroom because it felt odd to stand with women's underwear on. At first I had to remind myself to sit, but after a few days it feels very natural. So I was wondering what other mtf cd/tg folks do and what are your experiences?

Thanks,
April

chrissie
03-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Well perhaps it's with the passing years but for some time now I have always sat down, at home at least...

And over last 3 years or so wearing lingerie, particularly girdles amd corselettes it is the only way to use facilities...

But then I do not go out much in my lingerie, other than to work and facilities are staff only so comfortable using those, always sitting down...

Sarah Doepner
03-24-2011, 04:40 PM
If you ever plan to go out in public, plan to sit if you use a women's restroom. At home, whatever works or feels best, your choice.

kimdl93
03-24-2011, 04:42 PM
when I'm fully dressed, I sit. If I'm underdressed, I stand

Kate Simmons
03-24-2011, 04:46 PM
I always took it on a case by case basis. Sometimes the restrooms were full and my only option was yon tree. Other times, even if I stood up in the unisex restroom, I always put the seat down as kind of an inside joke.:)

Nigella
03-24-2011, 04:50 PM
I would like to remind members that the discussion of the actual bodily function is not permitted. Please keep your responses to answering the OP without going into details.

Sheren Kelly
03-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I prefer to sit. It is one small way to affirm my feelings of femininity when I am alone (drag/drab). The exception being if I am in a rush or in a rather "nasty" restroom. I began years ago when I first started exploring my femm side, now it is natural, and I don't even think about it.

sissystephanie
03-24-2011, 05:40 PM
I underdress almost all the time and have done so for many years. For me, sitting is the natural way!! At home or out in the world!

5150 Girl
03-24-2011, 06:20 PM
somtimes I stand when en-drab, but I always sit when dress, and often when I'm just to tired/lazy to stand

Loni
03-24-2011, 06:38 PM
i even carry a small spray bottle when at work to keep things clean. sit all the time here.

luv2dress01
03-24-2011, 06:57 PM
This is one of those things I'd like to keep manly.... its a blessing to stand lol

Mary Morgan
03-24-2011, 07:05 PM
In the service and while working through college, I had the task of cleaning the latrine, restroom, call it what you will. Having had that experience, I believe we should always sit. Most men just aren't that good at aiming.

GirlieAmanda
03-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Since the beginning of the year I sit at home and stand in a gross bathroom (how convenient). BUT when I do have to stand I kind of hate it. I love shimmying my panties down and doing my business. I like looking at them all bunched up down there as I go.

Kathryn Philips
03-24-2011, 07:10 PM
At home I sit about 95% of the time. At work I sit about 50% of the time. The reason for not sitting is time 5%/50% respectively is being in a hurry. For me sitting is the natural way, the way I feel most comfortable.

Dawna Ellen Bays
03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
I sit almost 100% of the time at home. I'll never understand why that's "frowned upon" in some circles...

Matt2Lynn
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi April

I prefer to sit. Sometimes Its great that we can still stand tho some places are well uhuhmm you know...

suchacutie
03-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Sit.....unless I need to collect a kidney stone :)

tina

toko
03-24-2011, 07:51 PM
For past 11 years I have been sitting only because I see it as cleaner, and no splashing. I sit in all private venues and stand in all public areas.

Phyliss
03-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Except for the occasional use of a "job site jonny" I sit always, at least until about three weeks ago , when I had to learn "the hover". Much too late to change stalls. Had to, HAD to.

Marissa
03-24-2011, 08:26 PM
For past 11 years I have been sitting only because I see it as cleaner, and no splashing. I sit in all private venues and stand in all public areas.

I share the same practices as toko..course if out dressed, then it will be sitting down in the ladies room.

Reason: Didn't have anything with dressing. My wife, daughter and I had to live in a one room efficiency for 6 months. I had to spend a lot of time studying for an important military advancement exam. So with a small child and lack of privacy to study, I would put the lid down and spend a few hours sitting to study. Yes, it all paid off as I passed. The practice became after moving into a larger place due to bathroom sharing with the wife, it was easier to sit and have conversations, etc. After a while it became embedded as the norm and standing seemed out of place, except in a public restroom or other 'guys' around.. Silly, huh? :)

Of course, being dressed, sitting is the only way for me :)

stephiny10
03-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Ive been sitting for years ever since my wife handed me a scuba brush and cleaner then told me It's my turn to clean the toilet

RADER
03-24-2011, 09:30 PM
I have been sitting for years.
The only time I stand is if in a mens room that is not to clean, than standing is the
only safe way to GO.
Rader

Julogden
03-24-2011, 09:34 PM
In the service and while working through college, I had the task of cleaning the latrine, restroom, call it what you will. Having had that experience, I believe we should always sit. Most men just aren't that good at aiming.
I live alone, so I'm in charge of cleaning the bathroom, and I agree. If for no other reason than keeping things more sanitary, sitting is best. I got into that habit decades ago and now it feels weird to to me stand.

Carol

Phoebe P.
03-24-2011, 09:41 PM
When we moved into our current house 7 years ago it was brand new and I wanted to keep it as clean as possible so I always sat at home -- nothing to do with dressing. I recently came out to my wife and underdress every day now. We have our own place of business so I know it's clean and sit. Everywhere else I stand -- other people's homes, public restrooms etc.

Patty
03-24-2011, 09:50 PM
At home it is 100% sit-outside the home it is 50-50

jennifer easton
03-24-2011, 10:21 PM
I also love to wiggle out of my panties, and look down and see them while doing my business, and I've been sitting for the last five years, it really comes in handy at night I don't have to turn on the lights. Jenni

Julogden
03-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Jenni, I found out the hard way that the down side to sitting at night is that you need to make sure your nightgown is pulled WAY up. One incident of having a nightgown with a wet hem was all it took for me to learn that rule. :)

Carol

Samantha W
03-24-2011, 11:07 PM
When I am dressed I wear tight pants or a mini skirt most of the time. So tucking is nessasary, so sitting is nessasary. In man mode I'm about 50/50.

jennifer easton
03-24-2011, 11:09 PM
whoa Carol Teee Heee I can see that would wake you up eeeeoow that cold wet hem slap-in ya when you stand up!! I'm usually in a Cami and panties. Jenni

VeronicaMoonlit
03-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Oh no...not this question again. Geebus... Yes I'm being grumpy, but this is a "Dead Horse" question.

Veronica

busker
03-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I guess your school didn't have the invaluable sign
We aim to please, you aim too, please

Sammy777
03-25-2011, 12:41 AM
I sit in all private venues and stand in all public areas.

I am sure that probably would get a few looks from the ladies in the restroom :eek:
I know it would from me!

Eryn
03-25-2011, 01:17 AM
I sit unless I use a facility designed expressly for standing. That pretty much means I sit at home. Never connected the habit with CDing, though.

Kathy4ever
03-25-2011, 05:22 AM
I sit about 98 % of the time. Much rather sit than stand. Maybe that was my first clue.

erickka
03-25-2011, 05:53 AM
At home...homme , when out...femme.

KrystalA
03-25-2011, 05:57 AM
I always sit. GGs sit, why shouldn't I?

hotskirt
03-25-2011, 06:45 AM
I always sit when I have a skirt or dress on. It's just more womanly.

Cynthia Anne
03-25-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm no stander! So I guess that makes me a 100% sitter!

Steph.TS
03-25-2011, 07:03 AM
sit everytime, unless it's an emergancy and I'm about to burst, then I'll stand. I want to sit all the time because women don't have this option, and I'm hoping one day to transition.

linda allen
03-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Dressed, even partially, I sit. Otherwise, I stand.

TGMarla
03-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Geez, this question again? All the "gurls" want to prove just how much of a "gurl" they are by sitting down to do their business. Well, how's this: I stand when I'm dressed, because it's easier than pulling down the pantyhose and the hip and butt pads, and then having to pull it all up and put it all back in place. But when I'm just slouching around the house, I sit because it's just a good place to take a break and have a breather and read a little.

Ha!

Paula Siemen
03-26-2011, 08:34 AM

I beg to differ!!!! I had gun sights put on mine! LOL

Nicole L.
03-26-2011, 08:53 AM
I've alway's prefered to sit. Even before I wanted to be a "gurl". I didn't know I was trying to prove anything.

Nigella
03-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh no...not this question again. Geebus... Yes I'm being grumpy, but this is a "Dead Horse" question.

Veronica

If you care to look at the OP, you will find that they have only just joined this forum, so to them this is a new question. It is still valid, please use a little tolerance before posting such comments, remember you was new once upon a time,, bet you never thought at the time that the questions you asked had been answered prior to you joining

MichelleStar
03-26-2011, 10:30 AM
As someone reasonably new to this and as I live on my own, I can make my own mind up what I would like to do. I just feel it is far more natural if you are in 'girl mode' to sit and now I only really stand when I am not, in other words, when at work or out with friends. But even then, there is usually the possibility to sit. It then depends on the place concerned if you want to carry it through 100%. Some places, you just need to get out of as fast as you can!

VeronicaMoonlit
03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
If you care to look at the OP, you will find that they have only just joined this forum, so to them this is a new question. It is still valid, please use a little tolerance before posting such comments, remember you was new once upon a time,, bet you never thought at the time that the questions you asked had been answered prior to you joining

Why yes, I was new here...in 2005! But I am NOT new to varoius trans related forums and groups on the Internet, every hear of USENET? Long before there was a Crossdressers.com, I was on the CD/TG USNENET newsgroups, several people here remember me from there. Lets just say I've seen it all...nothing here is new or unique, I've seen the same sorts of posts, the same kinds of personalities.

Now I may be an Internet fogey, but back in the old days, newbies were expected to take the time learn and lurk and READ, BEFORE they ever posted a question. That's what I did.It was part of the expected etiquette then, to cut down on Dead Horse topics. We also had long lived threads dedicated to single topics that lasted for years.

You might want to also look at my thread history...I haven't started many or asked many questions at all...never needed to. Never had the desire to ask about pnaty color, whether one prefers stockings or pnatyhose or whether one sits or stands.

Have I not suggested on occasion in the past that the moderators become more pro-active and terminate redundant and dead horse questions with extreme prejudice and create lots of stickies to deal with that problem(and a section for them) And when a newbie does do that sort of thing, a gentle reminder to read the forum, lurk for a while before asking questions and perhaps use the search function to see if the question has been asked before would perhaps be in order?

Asking whether one sits or stands may be a valid question...but is it a good question. Is it in good taste? Would you ask a bunch of non-trans women on the internet, how they use the bathroom? Would you ask what direction they wipe in? I don't think so.

Veronica

april_lynn
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM
I appreciate everyone's comments. For the record, I searched the topic before posting but realized that I am not the only newer member on here and many newer members have not given their preferences on the matter. If any topic that was ever discussed on the board could never be brought up again and revisited I would bet that there would be very few pists and even fewer new members. As for the validity of would I ask this of a gg? No. But they don't spend time as a male and time as female, thus it makes the question valid for cders, and do to personal opinion makes the range of responses change over time. I guess that in any community there are those that must make others feel inadequate or not worthy of posting as a way of validating themselves. I will ignore the insults and instead show my appreciation for the welcoming girls here who have allowed a new girl to try to integrate into the group. Thanks to those who have welcomed and accepted me here.

April

Nigella
03-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks April, it is better that a newbie (no slur intended) answer the question on why they post questions that have been asked many times before.

Jilmac
03-26-2011, 12:00 PM
I wear panties 24/7 and I sit all the time, even when I'm in a men's public restroom, it just seems like the natural thing to do.

VeronicaMoonlit
03-26-2011, 12:10 PM
For the record, I searched the topic before posting but realized that I am not the only newer member on here and many newer members have not given their preferences on the matter. If any topic that was ever discussed on the board could never be brought up again and revisited I would bet that there would be very few pists and even fewer new members.

Which is why I've suggested that many MANY more stickies be created on these frequently asked questions so that newbies like yourself can find them and be reassured.

As for the validity of would I ask this of a gg? No.

There, you said it yoruself.

But they don't spend time as a male and time as female, thus it makes the question valid for cders, and do to personal opinion makes the range of responses change over time.

It's as TGMarla said:
All the "gurls" want to prove just how much of a "gurl" they are by sitting down to do their business. And if you wanted to see the responses over time, wouldn't a long term sticky, as I suggested, be a good idea?

I guess that in any community there are those that must make others feel inadequate or not worthy of posting as a way of validating themselves.

I'm not trying to make you feel inadequate, just trying to reduce the incessant repetition. I that means chiding a newbie a bit, and trying to get some ideas into the mods heads on how they could do that, and thusly helping to ensure that some threads don't get buried in the repetitious dead horse "stay ups vs hold ups" stuff, I'll do that. I also suggest Google searching questions...you'll find lots of info on various questions you may have, VERY quickly. Its nothing personal at all.

Veronica

Nigella
03-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Veronica

You are beginning to take this off topic, suffice to say, if you are unable to add any substantial comment to a question that you deem to be "old news", then skip it on by. This forum has enough stickies and peoples attitudes/preferences/situations change, this is the type of thread that enables up to date advice to be given without having to read pages and pages to get the latest picture.

As you are not contributing any more to the thread, may I now suggest that you no longer post in it unless you wish to add anything to the topic its self.

Nigella
Super Moderator

MarciManseau
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Not only have I sat since I was a child, I keep the seat down all the time here, and we both prefer to close the lid/cover too. Looking into a toilet isn't exactly a pretty picture. I can't even remember the last time I sat to pee. I'm sure there are some regular men that prefer to sit also. It's so much cleaner.

Hugs, Marci

Casey
03-26-2011, 03:24 PM
If there is a urinal, I stand, If not, I sit. Has nothing to do with CD ing, it's just less of a mess because no matter how good your aim, there will always be splashover.

SusanQ
03-28-2011, 04:41 AM
I always sit, I also always wear panties. Since they don't have fly fronts, it would be strange to do my business standing at a urinal...other males frequently look at other guys.

Charleen
03-28-2011, 05:14 AM
I sit. Only time I stand is when the place looks it hasn't been cleaned in ages.

Byron
03-28-2011, 08:01 AM
:D Ha, I'v been thinking of posting the same question. Looks like you beat me to it.

I usually stand, unless the outfit I'm wearing makes that kind of difficult in which case I'll sit.

Lainie
03-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Always sit, no matter what I'm wearing, except in very rare circumstances like crowded theaters, where time and space simply don't permit the luxury of sitting.

demibra
03-28-2011, 10:52 AM
I sit most of the time because it will normally give me the opportunity to tuck and to adjust my pantihose or stockings afterward.

kimberly ann487
03-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Stand ????? I'm very uncomfortable standing, always was, it has to be a filthy restroom for me to stand. Usually I don't even go in those, lol.

LoriAnn_CD
03-28-2011, 11:14 AM
For me it is has t odo with how I am dressed. I haven't figured out how to stand with pantyhose?!?! But I always worry about my skirt getting wet if I am not careful when sitting or getting up. any suggestions?

Kim_Bitzflick
03-28-2011, 11:20 AM
I sit most of the time. I'm with the others, I stand only when it's a dirty restroom.

As a positive note, it's a lot easier to hit the toilet when you get up in the middle of the night to go.

Cheryl T
03-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Sit always...it's the lady-like thing to do.

Rachel05
03-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Actually not something I had actually thought about too deeply but when I am underdressed, I nearly always sit and if I am fully dressed I always sit

kathie225
03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
At my age I take advantage of every opportunity to sit that I can.

Christine1971
03-28-2011, 04:47 PM
I always sit when girly but all other times it really depends how I feel sometimes I think just can't be bothered to stand so I sit :)

Alice B
03-28-2011, 05:13 PM
I always sit at home. Gives me time to think.

sometimes_miss
03-29-2011, 05:20 PM
every hear of USENET?
Hmm, perhaps you remember alt.transgendered? Back before the web, that was pretty much all there was, newsgroups and BBS's. Ah yes, I remember it well.
Sit or stand? It's usually not important for me to need to pretend to have female parts, so I usually stand. But I have been known to sit on occasion.

kymmieLorain
03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
I guess it depends, 95% I sit, the rest I stand. mostly at public when they are busy and I need to go.

Kymmie

StaceyJane
03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
If I'm in a public restroom with other people around I sit. I don't to be too obvious.

veronica79
03-29-2011, 09:42 PM
too funny...never considered it before, but when dressed, i always always sit. subconscious maybe? standing would feel...um..weird?

Emme
03-29-2011, 09:53 PM
In all clean facilities. SIT I have a sign in my motorcoach...EVERYONE SITS TO PEE! PLEASE

Men can't aim very well!

Farrah
03-30-2011, 01:28 PM
I sit when dressed and when the "Pink Cloud" is really thick, dressed/drab.

gneena
03-31-2011, 12:48 PM
I sit all the time unless I'm outside and it is really a mess. I am an underdresser, I could never pass.I feel it is the fememine thing to do.

Gneena

Annaliese
03-31-2011, 01:07 PM
My wife had me siting from the start the only time I ever stood to was when I was out side and the same with my sons. Her words were if you stand you clean. The funny thing is now, I clean it most of the time anyway.

AddyCD
03-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Sit. It is that much easier in the middle of the night, you never have to even turn the light on!

victoriamwilliams1
03-31-2011, 02:03 PM
I sit when enfem as a guy I stand because most guys can't aim too well:)

IamSara
03-31-2011, 05:58 PM
I sit unless there is a nasty bathroom and a lot of men present

AmberM
04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
I sit down and I have practiced at home.

Janine cd
04-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I have been using the toilet sitting exclusively for at least 10 years. I never use a public urinal unless there are no other facilities. Sitting is much more comfortable and sanitary.

SarahMarie42
04-01-2011, 03:53 PM
I'll usually sit when I'm fully dressed (just to feel more feminine), but when in a more masculine mode? Stand all the way! It's just...convenient, and it's almost like target shooting (wow did I really just compare it to target shooting?)

flatlander_48
04-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Interesting.

I would say that I stand maybe 80% of the time, even if I'm wearing a panty girdle. I would say that it is force of habit and convenience. However, I do remember being fully dressed one Halloween and being at a gay club. I went into the men's room and pulled up my dress. Had to laugh at that one; not unlike that old poster of the woman using a urinal...

JohnH
04-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Bad joke -

Take a squirt gun and fill it with yellow dyed water. In a public restroom, squirt the water up high, and put up a sign that says, "Try to beat this".

I always stand when I urinate, no matter what I have on. I have not visited any women's restrooms.

Johanna

SusanQ
04-02-2011, 05:07 AM
When I'm dressed like a woman, I use the room marked "Women"...no urinals in those rooms...and you'd get really strange looks if you stood in front of a toilet. Though when dressed as a woman, you'd get stranger looks in the Men's Room.

Just go into the ladies, enter a stall, pull down pants/pantyhose/panties or pull up skirt and slip then pull down the pantyhose/panties and do what every woman does...sit down, do your business, remember the job isn't over until the paperwork is done, flush. get dressed, wash your hands, check your hair/makeup, don't make a scene, and leave. more than 100,000.000 American women do this daily with no problems.