PDA

View Full Version : Let the countdown begin :-)

Ashlie Marie
03-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Well after the year of introducing my body to hormones, my pores to bright laser blasts, and almost every single family member to the new me. It is time to start my true life for good. got my hearing paper tonite for probate court on 4/13. I got my clinical female letter from my doctor and my identity checklist is growing lol.. so full life here I come :-) for all you girls and guys who can remember that name change day or the day u look at your new license or passport for the first time. do you remember what you were feeling??

Hugs
Ash :-)

Teri Jean
03-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Ashlie I want to be the first to say congratulations and wish you the best in your journey. I'm starting the last 38 days before my surgery tomorrow. Keep us informed as the time ticks away. :D

Jorja
03-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Congratulations Ashlie, here is wishing you all the best on your journey.

It has been a long time since that day I got my new drivers license. My first thought after seeing it was,,,, Now what in the hell do I do?

Don't worry you will have more than enough red tape to keep you busy for a while. :)

Ashlie Marie
03-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Thank you both. Yeah at least the all the New Hampshire and Social security stuff will be easy, but I have to go deal with the Massachusetts Dept. of Vital records. oh fun fun :-)

AllieSF
03-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Way to go Ashlie. From the few TS's that I have talked to about the name change, they all said that it was an important milestone for them to be remembered and celebrated. Please enjoy your moment.

Ashlie Marie
03-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Thank you.. know what to wear... what to wear lol :-)

Teri Jean
03-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Ashlie, I know you are nervous, I was, but start in the closet or dresser(?) LOL. Okay that was to be the ice breaker. Just dress classy and not to over the top and you will be fine. Looking at your profile, you remind me of one of my sister-in-laws and you have a very wonderful look. Just be yourself and smile. Hugs Teri

Jorja
03-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Ashlie, I know you are nervous, I was, but start in the closet or dresser(?) LOL. Okay that was to be the ice breaker. Just dress classy and not to over the top and you will be fine. Looking at your profile, you remind me of one of my sister-in-laws and you have a very wonderful look. Just be yourself and smile. Hugs Teri

You mean this isn't the time for the micromini, 5" heels, and outlandish makeup????

Rianna Humble
03-27-2011, 02:52 PM
now what to wear... what to wear

To quote a GG when I said something similar close to the start of my RLE "welcome to the world of womanhood"