PDA

View Full Version : first real girl shower

Jamie Parks
03-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Hi, I just wanted to share a experience I had last nite, just wondering if any others have felt the same thing. First let me start of by saying I have been dressing most of my life but this particular feeling I have never experienced. I was fully dressed, wig, makeup, clothes, everything, well I needed a shower and figured it was time to give the old wig a washing too(all of my wigs are between 12 and 15 years old now)when ever i do wash one of them I do as directed, a cap full of wig shampoo in the sink with some warm water and let it soak for a while. Let me explain the bathroom is to me what the phone booth is to superman, I always walk in one way and walk out the other(I always shower before I dress and then again after to remove makeup and perfume)well this time was different I had only girl clothes in there with me, the clothes I just took off and the clothes I was going to put on after, I was completely smooth, naked and all of my nails painted...all except for that pesky thing down between my legs I looked like a girl, so I decided to hell with the directions I was going to wear my wig in the shower too and wash it on my head just like a real girl(or someone blessed enough to have hair of there own)would. In the 15 + years I have been wearing a wig I have never done this before...I always followed the directions. Thats it for the directions for me!!!!, I will be wearing it from now on, it felt so great the water dripping down from the ends of the hair, the way it hung over my eyes and BTW it takes forever to get the shampoo out wearing it but I wouldn't have it any other way. And when I was done drying it off I felt like one of those girls in a shampoo comercial...lol, then letting it dry naturally on my head the wet ends damping my nite shirt...all I can really say is WOW. Sorry this was soo long and only about a shower but I wanted to share.

GirlieAmanda
03-25-2011, 12:36 AM
That sounds so awesome. You describe the feelings so vividly. I have never thought of this before but now I will always think of it when showering. I will do this one day unless I grow my hair long enough which I am trying out. Probably not the best for the wig but who cares!

Persephone
03-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Very cool, Jamie! I don't know if it was good for the wig or not, but it sounds like it was good for you!

Hugs,
Persephone.

abbykins
03-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Jamie, it sounds wonderful. I read a post by someone else who said she wore her wigs in the shower and they still lasted for years. Enjoy!

Cynthia Anne
03-25-2011, 08:27 AM
I have done this a few times! Then I would use a cool blow dryer while wearing the wig! It gives such a great feeling!

SherriePall
03-25-2011, 09:40 AM
I have thought about doing that, but I always chicken out and follow directions, including swirling it around in the water, etc.
Maybe one of these days....

JoanAz
03-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I am fortunate enough NOT to have to wear a Wig any more (what you see is what i have) Thank GODess...
the feeling of the hair ends just below my neck is GREAT when wet or dry....
Love & (((HUGGS)))

Wendi_cd
03-25-2011, 11:16 AM
If you think that's awesome, wait till you go swimming. :)

AnnaCalliope
03-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I have naturally long hair that falls just a few inches short of my butt now. It feels great to brush it and comb it. The best, BEST feeling is when I have it down and I'm walking into the wind and I can feel it blowing. Washing it...not so much. Between shampoo and conditioner, having hair this long adds at least an extra 10 minutes to showering, an extra five to drying off and another ten to brushing and detangling post-shower.

Wendi_cd
03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
another ten to brushing and detangling post-shower.

After shower is possibly the worst time to brush, hair is at it's weakest when wet and presents the most resistance. That means lots of breakage.

sometimes_miss
03-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Regarding the 'recommended' way to wash a wig; I had been doing that, with the bowl, and went nuts with all the tangled hair. Decided to try something different: capful of wig shampoo into a 1 quart spray bottle, fill with warm water. Yes, I took it in the shower, but not on my head. Sprayed it with the diluted shampoo solution inside and out, and just held it under the shower to rinse well. Put it not on a wig stand, but on a double layered towel placed over the top of the door, long ends just hanging down straight. Dried perfectly, virtually no tangles. Amazing. Separated the few tangles that were there, and combed it out (after drying) with something called a 'pulling comb' made of metal and bought on amazon (It's called a pulling comb for some reason because it's made for horse manes and tales; don't pull on synthetic fibers too hard or they'll frizz). Wig was almost like new; sprayed some synthetic wig conditioner on my wet hands and ran it through the wig. Now it was like new and smelled great too. Total time? about 5 minutes to wash, (let dry in between), then another 5 minutes to condition and comb out. YMMV but it works well for me.