PDA

View Full Version : How long have you gone without dressing?

Rebecca W.
03-25-2011, 04:41 AM
I have not had the desire to dress since last July and I have been a CD for over three decades. What has stopped you from dressing or have you lost the desire to dress for no reason? I believe that I was pushing myself too much and I just shut down after that. Thank you for your replies to this subject as I will never stop that feeling that I have to be a woman, but the ability to express it by dressing has been suppressed.:)

Gerrijerry
03-25-2011, 04:53 AM
From what I understand if you want to leave the house you must be dressed. Really going out naked is not accepted. As to what to wear that is your choice. Feminine or masculine either are ok.

seriously
After three decades of hiding you can get depressed which may be the real problem. Talk to a councelor. I did as did many other it does help.

Kate Simmons
03-25-2011, 05:17 AM
When it totally becomes your choice of whether to do it or not, it's no problem one way or the other.:)

Cynthia Anne
03-25-2011, 08:17 AM
I have gone a couple of weeks when I was young! As I got older I grew out of that weird stuff!

Tina B.
03-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Almost 5 years, and never thought about it for most of that time, now days 5 days would be a long time with dressing. Job, family and life in general kept me busy and happy for years, then when it came back, I couldn't spend enough time in a dress, to keep me happy. After about 2 years of pushing hard to spend all my time dressed it leveled off, and I would dress a day here or there, and that was enough. Now I've gotten where I need to spend a few days a week dressed, to stay happy with it. The desire/need to dress has been and up and down thing all my life, I also went about 3 years when I was in the Navy without dressing, and had no desire.
Tina B.

kimdl93
03-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Good question. The longest spell I went w/o dressing was probably about 4 years. Right after the end of my first marriage. I was pretty sure that I was entirely at fault and CDing was further evidence. So, for a long time I avoided the desire to dress. I finally worked through the guilty in therapy and I haven't had another dry spell in over a decade.

NyssaF
03-25-2011, 09:56 PM
10 years for me. From a few months before my wife and I got married to earlier this year. It was easily the longest I've gone. There were some times when I felt like I wanted to dress, but not enough to go through the pain of going out to a store or buying stuff on-line, figuring out sizes, figuring out hiding spots for the clothes, etc.

Earlier this year, though, I found myself starting to obsess over finding a bra that really, truly fit. I ended up buying one, and that brought all of those old feelings back. I now have a small variety of under-garments and three dresses, waiting for payday to add more to the collection. And I swear to god that I am never going to purge again. It's too damned expensive to start over!!!

:)

steftoday
03-25-2011, 10:08 PM
The longest for me was 9 years. We were busy raising our family, and I did my last purge and figured I was done with it. Ha!

I felt the urge come back about 4 years ago, and now, with an empty nest, I dress female more hours a day than male... I've been dressing now, mostly on, sometimes off, for over 40 years.

darla_g
03-25-2011, 10:10 PM
I've gone a couple of months at a time. I generally always take the summers off.

Amelia
03-25-2011, 10:11 PM
A few months here and there. I think the absolute longest was 7 months.

sissystephanie
03-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Early in my married life, after we had our 2 children, I quit dressing enfemme for a 5 year period. I would have quit for longer, but my dear wife begged me to start dressing enfemme again!! She missed Stephanie in her life!! So of course, as a dutiful husband, I obeyed her and resumed crossdressing. Now I may skip a day or two, but usually dress at least partially almost every day.

Andromeda
03-26-2011, 12:42 AM
I stopped dressing for 4-5 years while I was in the Navy.

AlannahNorth
03-26-2011, 12:52 AM
How long without dressing completely in female attire - just over 5 years now. I don't often get the urge to take it that far. Sometimes I may go a few months with just under dressing, especially lately since I've moved around a bit since spring of last year. I have a feeling that later this year I'll be back into dressing more - likely once the fall comes around.

VioletJourney
03-26-2011, 02:38 AM
Last time I had the opportunity to dress was maybe 6 months ago, though that was a special occasion and before that it was probably years. I was at my mom's beach condo and she was out at a party. I wore her skirt, some weird kind of top that I can't really describe, her flip-flops with flowers on the toes (her only shoes that fit me), and even tried a little makeup (eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick). The makeup was hardly noticeable but I think I did a good job for a first timer.

I even took some pictures with my webcam, but I was too ashamed to keep them so I deleted them. You wouldn't have wanted to see them anyway - I had Sasquatch legs!

Stephanie47
03-26-2011, 03:17 AM
Each summer from mid June to Labor Day I am not able to be enfemme. I have the opportunity the rest of the year to dress for six to seven hours per day Monday through Friday. I would love to be able to sit in the backyard in a summer dress during July and August. That time of year is the longest I have to endure sans dress and slip and heels. I had no desire when I was in the military for two years. Based on the level of cross-dressing and self acceptance now, I'd say my early years of cross-dressing were a fetish. Now it is more of an alternative lifestyle.

Cari
03-26-2011, 03:53 AM
Easilly over a year, it comes and goes for me as well.
Usually if I do too much or let it get in the way of life my desire will drop off.

Hard to explain so I just accept it, wash everything and put in a safe dry place :-)
I know Ill be back.

Danielle Gee
03-26-2011, 07:54 AM
I usually cease dressing during the summer months, the come October my desire come back with a vengance!! Even tought I "Put Away" all my clothing ing the summers, I keep a bra, forms and Jammies in an accessable location to calm occaisional urges

Danielle

Cristi
03-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Setting aside the fact that I underdress all of the time, because I don't have any male underwear...

As far as everything else, I just lose the urge once in a while and have gone weeks without putting on a dress or skirt. This is happening less and less often as I'm getting more into the habit of changing into a skirt when I get home to get out of my more formal work clothes. Even if I don't feel like 'crossdressing' particularly, it has just become a clothing option that is readily available and comfortable.

It has gotten to the point that I don't really consider a dress or skirt 'dressing' unless I bring it much farther with makeup, jewelry and hair styling.

JustWendy
03-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Rebecca, I tried to reply to your PM, but was restricted. Please reach out again.

Wendy

Natalie Wood
03-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I stopped dressing for about 13 years. I totally did not have the urge during that time. It has been a mystery that I have not been able to solve as to why. This was during high school and my early 20's. Once I got married the urge returned. I secretly cd'd for 10 years and then discussed it with my wife. I have not been able to figure out why, when, etc. But I figure that I am happy with who I am and my life. So why ask why. Just be happy.

joannemarie barker
03-26-2011, 01:16 PM
I have times where I go months without so much as a pair of panties on