PDA

View Full Version : What Makes You Girly?

christinac
03-26-2011, 09:03 AM
I know there is a whole thread on this subject somewhere, but I'm having no luck finding it again.

This cute little quize really made me start to think (no you don't need to call the fire department).

http://www.blogthings.com/howgirlyareyouquiz/

What exactly does make a person girly?

The quiz is cute and fun and all, but it kind of left me with a few questions. One or two of the quiz questions left me thinking what the H-double does that have to do with anything and the quiz in general made me think of a few questions I would have added if I had come up with the idea.

Cindygirl65
03-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Just love wearing the girl clothes and getting the attention and looks from guys. Makes me feel good that someone looks with a wow look. So girly. Cindy.

Cynthia Anne
03-26-2011, 09:35 AM
I just love being Girly! I guess that's why I scored 88% on the test! Hugs!

CareBearGG
03-26-2011, 09:39 AM
LOL, well I'm a GG..and according to that, I'm only 32 percent, LoL, (I'm admittedly not girly girly, thats probably why) I think what makes a person girly is their attitude. My SO when dressed...ohmyword..."i just chipped my nail!!" "My earring fellout, eek!" stuff like that, lol, total girl.

KrystalA
03-26-2011, 09:55 AM
What makes me girly is my attitude. Almost none of that quiz applied to me, but when en femme, I feel extremely girly.

Melissa Rose
03-26-2011, 10:05 AM
What makes me girly is the stuff in my head and my heart. It is not what I wear or how I act since those are signs and manifestations of the way I feel. While some of those actions and appearances are socially or culturally driven, they feel quite natural to me. I have a few GG friends, and they all tease me about being the most girly among us.

Pythos
03-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Only two applied to me.

But once again this is so full of generalizations, and sterotypes.

tiffanyjo89
03-26-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm such a guy sometimes...I don't shave (my face) everyday, sometimes I've gone weeks without shaving.

Perhaps the most "girly" thing I do as a guy is refusing to go shirtless except for the rare occasion. I got 8% on that "test". Some of the stuff on there, as Pythos mentioned, is overly generalized and stereotypical.

Even if I had been born a girl, I doubt I'd like pink enough to surround myself with it. I just doesn't look good on me. I prefer red, black or blue.

TGMarla
03-26-2011, 01:25 PM
What makes me girly? In a nutshell......

I do. :battingeyelashes:

Kathi Lake
03-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Well, the quiz is pretty stereotypical, and I would say inaccurate. It sounds like it was put together by a teenage boy - you know, someone on the outside, looking in. :)

What makes me girly? Nothing makes me girly. It's just who and how I am. It's how I respond to the world around me. It's how I think and act. I don't think I'm necessarily girly, I'm just me.

:)

Kathi

Kate Simmons
03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Basically it's 95% mental (attitude) and 5% physical (looks).:battingeyelashes::)

sissystephanie
03-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Marla said it the best way possible. If you are girly, it is because of YOU!! In my case, I dress simply because I like the feel and look of feminine clothes. but when my late wife was still alive and did my wig and makeup I was very girly. I have never wanted to be a woman, but also knew that I could look like one with my wife's help!! So as Marla said, what makes me girly................I do!!

christinac
03-26-2011, 01:41 PM
I think that test was rigged in a way, but it does make you sit down and think even if it is just for a split second.

In all honestly, I believe what it really boils down as to if you are girly or not is how you view and conduct yourself. How you sit or walk, how you act and talk, how you phrase your words and the language (cuss or don't cuss) you use, and your body language like hand jesters and etc.

Jeanna
03-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Being girly is all between the ears..

lilmissjenny
03-26-2011, 02:11 PM
i scored a 56% on that test but i think some of the things they are ask are meant towards teenagers and twenty-somethings.

i feel girly because i do. plain and simple...

VanessaVW
03-26-2011, 04:13 PM
"You're a little girly, a little boyish, and probably a whole lot indie.
You have your own unique style, and it pretty much defies gender lines."And I guess that is one of the reasons I come here!

VioletJourney
03-26-2011, 04:19 PM
"You go shopping at least once a week"
Well I do, but it's at hardware stores and electronics stores. That's not very girly!

VanessaVW
03-26-2011, 04:20 PM
"You go shopping at least once a week"
Well I do, but it's at hardware stores and electronics stores. That's not very girly!

Yeah, does stopping at the gas station count for shopping?

christinac
03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Ya Vanessa and Violet, some of those questions left me asking what the H-double does that got to do with anything? I shop everyday as well as anyone else in the service business for parts to fix this or parts to fix that or parts to build this or parts to build that.

KINGFISHER
03-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Well I just scorred 16% so am not at all girly but then the deffinition can be what ever each of us wants it to be so it was a silly exercise. I just enjoy dressing up which makes me feel really great not girly. Daniel

Frédérique
03-26-2011, 05:05 PM
What exactly does make a person girly?

The quiz is for young people. Some things apply, and some don’t (in my case). For instance, I listen to better music, far from the mainstream, which may elicit emotional responses at odds with being male. As such, I insist you can be insular, detached, and solitary, yet still be “girly” in less recognizable terms. A girly crossdresser does not follow the herd and its attendant trends, since the very nature of being a crossdresser, closeted or not, is at odds with herd mentality…

What makes me girly? Well, I don’t automatically want to drink beer, go hunting and fishing, watch violent sports, and trash the nearest enclosed space. I don’t have to mark my territory, nor do I feel the need to impress my peers by making loud noises. Also, I do not have a cell phone attached to my ear, nor do I bother with social networking – I enjoy being alone, which may explain why I communicate in this highly removed manner, all to preserve those feelings I hold dear, i.e. like being GIRLY…

You CAN be an iconoclast and still be girly – it just takes a little imagination. BTW, I do not equate quietude with femininity - it's a human characteristic, but I seek to emphasize it in this manner...

Byanca
03-26-2011, 05:59 PM
what the test told me

You're a pretty girly chick, and you're not ashamed to admit it (or wear pink).
But you're also practical. You can hang with the guys, as long as they're not too gross!

I agree, boys do need to watch themselves. I can hang out with them. But prefer not. I don't count boyfriends, as that's something else.

vaga505
03-26-2011, 06:06 PM
The ability to grit my teeth and take on hard challanges. Take command when all hope is lost and everyone is settled with their ill fate. To hope and try for the best, every hope for that one chance...........ALWAYS B A B Y

Kiera79
03-26-2011, 06:17 PM
My demeanor in general. I'm by no means your typical mans man.

BOBBI G.
03-27-2011, 03:43 AM
I agree with Denise, but in my case its 90% mental, 10% appearence. I have days where I could really look great ( or at least decent) and my mind and inner feelings will tell me a whole different story.

Bobbi

Donniesr
03-27-2011, 04:34 AM
The Questions were meant for "girls"..I scored 12..unfair..oh well no big deal...i'm as girly as i feel...

noeleena
03-27-2011, 05:23 AM
Hi ,

I wont do it because i know im nota girle girl & never tryed to be one . im just a one strong woman who thinks with a forward thinking out look & very practical do it your self, i dont need a man around me & nore would i wont one ,i dont have to prove who i am or prove any thing , yet as a woman i do like nice things , its just this is who i am & as people get to know me theyll see the real who i am..
& yes its muck & dirt under thy nails , no war paint & no dainty girl here,

...noeleena...

Rianna Humble
03-27-2011, 05:32 AM
I scored about 60% on the test, yet many of my GG friends say I'm so much more girlie than them! I think what they mean is my style of clothing, how I co-ordinate my outfits with my manicure/pedicure (and occasionally the other way around), my topics of conversation, my choice of reading matter and things like that.

dennisGTS
03-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Per the quiz, I am 32% Girly

"You are a pretty hardcore tomboy, and a very free spirit.
Gender roles be dammed, you like to do things your way."

Very generalized statements from the quiz but I do agree with them. Although, I did tell my wife not to long ago that if I were truly a girl, that I'd probably be a tomboy.

t-girlxsophie
03-27-2011, 10:00 AM
im only 48% girlie according to this,Seeing as this was geared,really for genetic females,if questions were maybe more CD orientated,my percentage would be way more,I definately feel more than 48%.One question CAN Hilary Duff sing,or is she just another actress thinking she's a singer