PDA

View Full Version : DAng it! Lost a nail!

TGMarla
03-26-2011, 01:06 PM
My wife knows about my crossdressing, but she's really not too thrilled with it. I do my best to keep it away from her, and try hard to not let it interfere in any way with our lives and our relationship.

Today, I lost a nail. I looked down at my hand, and the nail on my index finger was missing. I looked all over for it, but I just can't find it (yet!). I just don't want her finding it. If she does, it puts the whole crossdressing thing right in front of her face, and I prefer to not do that. She has real nails, so she'll be absolutely positive it's not hers, should she find it. And if she does, it's not going to make her day.

Dang it! Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else around here?

Cynthia Anne
03-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Kinda! I borrowed my sister-in -laws van and I lost a lipstick in it! When she found it, she had her neighbors 15 year old daughter who new nothing about me to return it! But last Christmas I got a new lipstick from no one else but their neighbors daughter ! So it turn out good for me! I hope it does for you! Hugs!

Teri Ray
03-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Marla,

I have had the "oh shoot" lost a nail moment too many times. I always seem to find them in the oddest places. Like you my wife knows I dress but she chooses not to see me dressed. If my wife found a loose nail she would certainly know it was mine. Forunately I dont think my wife would make a big deal of it. Dang now where did I leave those heels of mine? Hope things work out ok for you. Huggs Teri

Jamie Parks
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
I too get all bent out of shape when I lose a nail, now it's not because someone might find it(everyone in house knows and is fine with my dressing) but wearing nails is the most important acc. I wear...I have posted before on how physically and emotionally attached I am to wearing nails so when I lose one it gets serous...lol...CSI serious, furniture moved, bed moved and ripped apart, I usually don't give up, my wife has now learned to just stay out of the way when I lose a nail..lol. not really the same thing as your describing but I just thought I would reply with my own situation

TGMarla
03-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Well, I vacuumed the floors in all the major rooms where I'd been. No luck. That would mean it's lying on some surface somewhere, possibly stuck to it by the nail tab sticky thingy....

Sigh. Oh well, it ain't the end of the world.

This happened once before when I slept all night in my nails (Wifey was away), and I awoke without the pinky nail. Never did find it, and I changed all the bedsheets and looked underneath. Twilight zone, bay-bee. I imagine they'll both turn up sooner or later.

AimeeCD
03-26-2011, 07:29 PM
It sure does! I left a couple of lipsticks in my car under the seat and my wife found them the other day and said, "These don't look like mine." She threw them out and of course about ten minutes later, when the trash was taken out, I was digging them out...hey, they were Lancome and I paid a pretty penny for them plus I love the colors:) Worse was when she found a tampon applicator in the guest bathroom...I told her it was probably the babysitter's...

AimeeCD
03-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Oh, what's far worse is when I had just removed my acrylic nails (sixth time) and she saw my nail beds all sanded and made a comment...I got all of it when I told her I had been sanding the deck and it "just ruins your nails!" Love acrylic french nails, but removing them is a labor of love and takes me about 3 hours to get the acrylic off!

Leslie Langford
03-26-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm in much the same situation with my wife as you are, Marla, but at times, there is a ray of light in all that darkness.

A few months ago, she found a necklace in my car that had fallen between the seats after I had done one of my quick change routines, and for the life of me, I hadn't been able to find it myself. Then, a couple of weeks ago, she found a bracelet that had somehow slipped off the dresser in our bedroom and had fallen behind the door which we normally keep open.

Unlike similar "oopsies" in the past, she didn't go ballistic both times, and just quietly advised me of her finds - more along the lines of "a word to the wise". I don't know if that's a growing sign of acceptance (resignation?), but it's certainly an improvement over her past reactions. But then again, look on the bright side, Marla - our wives also know that there isn't another woman involved - at least not the flesh-and-blood type. That would make such a find considerably more ugly...

TGMarla
03-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah, true that. For the life of me, I can't find the dang thing.

Aimee.....tampon applicator? I hesitate to ask..........

BLUE ORCHID
03-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi Marla, My story sounds somewhat like yours don't ask don't tell, only it's an earring that I can't find.

Orchid

PretzelGirl
03-26-2011, 11:02 PM
This happened once before when I slept all night in my nails (Wifey was away), and I awoke without the pinky nail. Never did find it, and I changed all the bedsheets and looked underneath. Twilight zone, bay-bee. I imagine they'll both turn up sooner or later.

If you find it, it will probably be with a bunch of mismatched socks.

Chickhe
03-27-2011, 02:10 AM
I just like to keep organized and when I can't explain where something I had has gone it bugs me. Really frustrating if someone borrows my stuff and doesn't return it or worse breaks it. Glue on nails... you hit them too hard and if they pop off the go almost anywhere!

Kathy4ever
03-27-2011, 04:09 AM
That happened to me once. Luckily I found it. My wife would of been in the catagory of going ballistic. She has thrown away my lipsticks and make up away before. She never said a word about it to this day. That was atleast two years ago.