PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife worry that you look "too good" when dressed?

danam
03-27-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm on the verge of telling my wife. (If you didn't gather this from my latest YouTube video. ) One thing I'm concerned about is just how GOOD I look as Dana. My wife is reaching an age in which insecurities about her own looks are starting to emerge.

Is this an issue with anyone out there? Does your female persona make your wife insecure about her own femininity and her looks?

Cheryl T
03-27-2011, 08:03 AM
She did at first. It was more of a competitive thing. She thought I was compensating for something she lacked (not) and then thought I was trying to "outdo" her. Now she accepts that I look the best I can only for me. It boosts my confidence and makes me feel good and in turn she has gotten a boost. We shop together and I always find something for her that will make her look better. After all, what's a girlfriend for.
Now we just enjoy it and she knows we are together not at odds.

Rogina B
03-27-2011, 08:19 AM
I don't have THAT problem! lol My younger,gorgeous Venezuelan wife with the body of envy,oftentimes suggests clothing combinations[time consuming] as Rogina is trying to get out the door.She is always trying to "make me" more presentable..lol Sometimes,I even get it right by myself and may get a "you look good,have fun" out of it. I think most wives are confident in there femininity as "they are the real deal".

Shareecd
03-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Yes almost every time I dress. My wife always says something like " its sad when your husband has a better legs than I do". she also comments on how my dressing makes me look younger. I took the lessons she taught me about make-up and practiced until I can do it for the most part by myself. I also try to dress my age (58). Regardless we went out last weekend and she walked out of the restaurant behind me. She told me the guys setting at the table by the door looked me over, and smiled when they looked at my butt. Had a long sweater and leggings on. I love it and love my wife too for helping ans supporting me.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-27-2011, 09:25 AM
No I absolutlely do not have that problem. Considering that my wife is slender and about 40 pounds lighter than me without the broad shoulders, arms, legs, size 12 feet, and does not need 3 coatings of make up. No way I am ever going to make her feel insecure.

Sherlyn
03-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Not a chance Di encourages it..she met Sher first before ever seeing the other side ..:D.. ..its me that worries about that..and Di is gorgeous... can never outshine her :D

Michelle Charles
03-27-2011, 02:09 PM
I am sure your wife will be somewhat insecure because you look the part 1st class, I am overweight and don't pass so looking too good does not affect me!
Michelle

kristinacd55
03-27-2011, 02:13 PM
That and many other things will make your wife feel insecure....believe me!

Sandra
03-27-2011, 02:30 PM
I have never felt insecure about my own femininity or looks why should I. Yes Nigella does look good when she fully made up and she's got a decent pair of legs on her, but that doesn't make me feel less about myself.

I some time think that those who post this kind of stuff is trying to get one over on their SO's, and think they are something special.

Sally24
03-27-2011, 02:32 PM
That's not an unusual problem. Many women buy into the skinny is beautiful business. I'm more slender than my wife and she sometimes thinks I look better than her (nope!). We were shopping at the mall once and she was a little put out that a gentleman looked rght past her to stare at me. She has since developed more of an interest in makeup and painting her nails. You can look your best and still try to boost her self esteem.

Diana Rae
03-27-2011, 04:44 PM
My wife doesn't worry about how good or bad I look, she just hates it when my boobs are bigger. Kinda tickles me.

Alice B
03-27-2011, 05:41 PM
My wife accepts Alice, but wants no part of it. She has seen me dressed several times and has spent time with me at home. But, she has never made any comments positive or negative.

Patrice_CD
03-27-2011, 05:52 PM
My wife hasn't decided if she wants to see Patrice. She has no problem with Patrice and will shop with me when I'm in boy mode to shop for Patrice and gives me makeup tips. If she asks to see Patrice I'll be happy to bring her around but I'm not going to push Patrice on her as Patrice is pretty happy with the arrangements as I've learned quite a few girls don't have this freedom.

Jennifer in CO
03-27-2011, 07:22 PM
The only thing that upset my wife was my breasts were bigger than hers...Mine were almost a C and hers not quite a B

Jenn

VeronicaMoonlit
03-27-2011, 07:36 PM
I some time think that those who post this kind of stuff is trying to get one over on their SO's, and think they are something special.

I agree, but what can you do, right?

Veronica

Kathi Lake
03-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah, it's funny how some of us maintain that we're trying to emulate women, yet have very 'manly' competitive behaviors - seeing how high we can score on a 'girliness' test, outdoing each other on our 'feats of girliness' like, "I own more dresses and heels than my wife" or things like that. Proof that the nuts don't fall far from the tree.

:)

Kathi

GeorgieMacD
03-28-2011, 12:45 AM
My wife is one of the lucky ones in a sense. I'll never be more than a man in a dress and she will always be the feminine one. Sure, she compliments me on my legs and outfits and that always gives me that little tingle. I'm sure she feels the same when I compliment her. But I mean it!

Alisa
03-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Ha ha... No don't think so... She just made a comment the other day about me not looking pretty... not quite sure how she put it exactly but I did not take it to heart. Anyway, she has never seen me fully dressed... not sure it would change her mind... at least she would probably never admit to it... :)

Kate Simmons
03-28-2011, 05:46 AM
Kinda doubtful Dana. My wife was always a real "girly girl". :)

BRANDYJ
03-28-2011, 05:57 AM
The day I think I would even come close, or look better then my wife, girlfriend or SO is the day I need to get my eyes checked and see a shrink for being so vain. There is no amount of makeup, padding or clothes that can make me look as good as my SO. I think it would be a very insecure woman that would be jealous of a crossdressing husband. Or worse, think he looks better then her and worries about it.

Kathryn_Cox
03-28-2011, 07:03 AM
No way my Darling Wife always looks fantastic and even asks sometimes when we go out together if she should dress down so that she does not attract to much attention so Kathryn dont get uncomfortable :heehee: :hugs: Kathryn xx

annecwesley
03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
My wife thinks I have better legs than her, and she thinks that from the neck down I look look better than her. I think I just try harder ;-) .

Tina B.
03-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Danam, my wife is insecure by nature, and she used to be bothered by my dressing, turns out the reason was because she felt guilty that she would come home, and I would be dressed in something real nice, while all she wanted to do was jump into a pair of sweats and get comfortable. Once I got her to understand, this is my thing, and no one expected her to put on a skirt or dress just to sit and watch TV, but I was more comfortable that way. After that, she can be very complementary about my style choices, and seems to enjoy it when I put something real nice together. But none of it had anything to do with thinking I made a better looking woman, that just isn't going to happen in this life time.
Tina B.

DAVIDA
03-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Does she worry?:eek::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Sandra
03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
I agree, but what can you do, right?

Veronica
Nothing...because the majority won't listen.

Yeah, it's funny how some of us maintain that we're trying to emulate women, yet have very 'manly' competitive behaviors - seeing how high we can score on a 'girliness' test, outdoing each other on our 'feats of girliness' like, "I own more dresses and heels than my wife" or things like that. Proof that the nuts don't fall far from the tree.

Kathi

Unless they are tucked :lol:

Laura Evans
03-28-2011, 12:37 PM
My SO is occasionally jealous of Laura looking or dressing better than herself but she does not obscess over it. It is not something I do intentionally it is just what it is.

Lorileah
03-28-2011, 12:43 PM
I am the one with insecurities. She never worries about how I look :)

cordgrass
03-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Granted, I'm not married so it might be different if I had more at stake, but if anything, dating crossdressers has had the opposite effect--it has made me more confident in my own looks. It's almost as if I needed permission to be more feminine in my dress and appearance. Being with my Dita has been very freeing. Even when we are apart, I wear stockings because they remind me of her, I wear makeup because it reminds me of her. I make the effort to wear nice lingerie every day under my work clothes. Being feminine has changed from a dull unpleasant chore to a labor of love.

JaytoJillian
03-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Not a chance. Whenever the subject of CDing comes up, she makes sure to remember to tell me how ugly I look en femme.

LilSissyStevie
03-28-2011, 04:48 PM
I asked my wife and she said that she felt a lot more threatened by how good I look in drab. I guess that's meant as a complement or was it an insult?

Momarie
03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm on the verge of telling my wife. (If you didn't gather this from my latest YouTube video. ) One thing I'm concerned about is just how GOOD I look as Dana. My wife is reaching an age in which insecurities about her own looks are starting to emerge.

Is this an issue with anyone out there? Does your female persona make your wife insecure about her own femininity and her looks?

1. You're an ass.
2. Who ever said you look good?

jayme357
03-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi neighbor - anyone that tells you that you look anything other than beautiful has blinders on.

ReineD
03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
My wife always says something like " its sad when your husband has a better legs than I do".

What's sad is that the wife doesn't have her own positive body image.

I've spoken to GGs here who initially said they were jealous of their SO's looks en femme, especially if the husband is slimmer than they are. But when asked if they would also feel bad if they were standing next to another GG with envious legs and a slim body, these very same GGs have admitted they would feel envious of the women too.

[Edited to add: we have impossibly high standards set by the media for ideal feminine beauty, and it begins at age 4 with a little girl's first Barbie doll. It is not surprising that some GGs feel bad about themselves if they don't have slim legs and flat tummies, or if they aren't tall and lithe. Combine this with a husband who might inadvertently give the impression he cares more about his own feminine appearance than his wife (in the wife's initial way of looking at it), and you have a potential recipe for disaster.]

I know that self-esteem and positive body image come from the inside, but does your wife get from you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she is beautiful and desirable?

And last, any GG who feels confident in her femininity and in her relationship with her husband will not feel threatened by him, because fundamentally she knows that nothing can take away her femininity.

TGMarla
03-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Does your wife worry that you look "too good" when dressed?

What, are you kidding? :haha:

VeronicaMoonlit
03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
2. Who ever said you look good?

The users of this board told her so!

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?150965-Dana-s-Third-Time-Out-in-Public!&highlight=
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?137706-Getting-more-flirtatious&highlight=
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?137283-Getting-Dressed-Ready-%28pics-and-vid%29&highlight=

etc etc. The usual "Lookin good hun" type stuff.

Veronica

Maria in heels
03-29-2011, 05:06 AM
My wife, only recently, actually spent time looking at a picture of me ( my new profile picture ) She was amazed and called as soon as I sent it to her as a picture message, since I was on my weekend alone. Her first comment was that I am actually gorgeous, and I laughed, replying that not only do I look better than my sisters, I look better than my sister in law, and would love to send this picture to her brother LOL ! She laughed as well, did admit that I was right, but of course, said NO loudly...

My wife has known about Maria for many years, but never liked me with my hair...now she is amazed...

Sue101
03-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Granted, I'm not married so it might be different if I had more at stake, but if anything, dating crossdressers has had the opposite effect--it has made me more confident in my own looks. It's almost as if I needed permission to be more feminine in my dress and appearance.

That rings true for me too. My wife has got back into skirts and dresses in a big way ever since she met me. It was my unabashed dressing that gave her the confidence to enjoy herself and she no longer feels the need to fit in with the jeans and sweater crowd.

As for the OPs passability - your wife's reaction will depend on how she feels about your dressing. If she is against it then your good looks would only increase her angst because it would make her feel that you are more likely to be gay or trannssexual.

ReineD
03-29-2011, 02:05 PM
My wife doesn't worry about how good or bad I look, she just hates it when my boobs are bigger. Kinda tickles me.

The only thing that upset my wife was my breasts were bigger than hers...Mine were almost a C and hers not quite a B

They are forms!!!! :D :D

I tried my SO's on once, on a lark (she took pics). They are truly the Cadillac of forms! :p Anyway, on her they are a C, but on me they are more like a D or DD. I felt like a sex kitten, and had I gotten a sexy, low cut mini dress and gone to a nightclub wearing a cascading, platinum blonde wig down to my mid-back, and 6 inch stilettos with the sheerest of sheer black nylons, I would have garnered TONS of attention. LOL.

So if any of your wives become jealous, just remind them that in order to make a true and fair comparison, they should put on all the same eye candy and makeup, and then stand side by side in a mirror with you to compare. :D

VeronicaMoonlit
03-29-2011, 03:22 PM
If she is against it then your good looks would only increase her angst because it would make her feel that you are more likely to be gay or trannssexual.

And that's pretty much the kind of statement that tends to annoy the partners/SO's.

Veronica

Jill Devine
03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
My wife is waaaaay too hot for me to be any competition.

DAVIDA
03-29-2011, 04:48 PM
You know.........looking back 20 years, my wife wasn't that,.....snappy, of a dresser.:heehee:
But, through the years she has grown into a great dresser.:thumbsup:
She is the best looking teacher at her school.:o
She is all the time getting complements from staff and kids.:D
I definitely can't come close to her in the looks division, but her wardrobe and sense of style has definitely benefited from being married to a cross dresser.:thumbsup:

LisaM
03-29-2011, 06:58 PM
My wife doesn't worry at all. She thinks I look ridiculous and she tells me whenever I tell her that I am going to get dressed and go out.

Di
03-29-2011, 07:36 PM

Sad.....really really sad....you sound so enamored with YOURSELF....I feel bad for your wife.

I am Shers biggest cheerleader and she is mine. She has killer legs and I just do not....she is beautiful and I cheer her on BUT she builds me up and sees me as beautiful as well. Your comments just are so sad.

Jessica86
03-30-2011, 03:20 AM
Oh my gosh, my wife constantly talks about it! She feels bad sometimes, and then laughs about it other times. But, I wouldn't say its a problem. I think its her way of giving a compliment.

Dr.Susan
03-30-2011, 07:07 AM
My ego is not that inflated.
I don't think any CDers ever look as convincing as the real thing.

cassandra.932
03-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Dana,

How you look should be least of your concern. How she accepts you dressed is more important. As for me, I do not have an accepting wife and have to stop dressing until I sort things out with her.

Tasha McIntyre
03-30-2011, 08:50 AM
No, my wife hasn't said that I look too good, but she has made a couple of comments;

She has mentioned a couple of times that I have great legs for short skirts, and that I will never have to put up with having cellulite.

The first time she saw my photos (she's never seen Tash lifesize) she took a long moment before saying in a small voice that I looked like a full on female.

Edit: Just want to add that I often say to my wonderful wife say to my that no matter what I do or what I wear, I will never look as good as she does.

Sarah Doepner
03-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Ha! She knows that it's an exercise in vanity for me and when it's all said and done the hair, makeup, forms and clothing are covering up an old guy who loves her. She will compliment and support me but body image comparisons are ridiculous and non-productive in the relationship.

suchacutie
03-30-2011, 10:03 AM
We're both jealous of parts of each other! The result is support for each other. If Tina looks good at all, it's only because my wife has brought her to that point!

danam
03-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks to the members who understood my question and posted thoughtful replies. Very helpful. Thanks!

Jamie Parks
03-30-2011, 11:10 PM
I have been living with my wife(I call her my wife but we have never been married)for 10 years now and she has known about Jamie for years before that, and I never thought that was a problem she is a big beautiful woman and has never shown any sign of liking cute outfits or anything overly girly, but, the other day we were both sitting in the computer room and I was looking at this site and this post came up, I mentioned the title to her and made a joke about her being jealous about how I look (because she always tells me my clothing choices at not to her taste) but I could read her expression like a book, she is, she couldn't even come up with a response just silence. I often dress very skimpy for her(and for me too)and she never seems impressed, never even thought she might be jelous...I think I will try to be a bit more sensitive when I fish for complements. I wish I could get her to get a bit more healthy, myself and friends have tryed to get her out for walks when the weather is nice for some exercise or to ask a doctor why she is so big(she only eats about half what I do but I am half her size) but she wont do anything. But anyway I never thought it was a problem but this post proved that it is.

ReineD
03-31-2011, 01:29 AM
Jamie, if your wife is overweight and she feels bad about herself because of it, I guarantee you that she would feel bad being compared to anyone who is skinny, whether it is a GG or a CD. It's not about a wife being "jealous" that her husband is "hotter" than she is. It is more about the way she feels about herself. :sad:

Do you ever let her know how beautiful you think she is?

PetiteDuality
03-31-2011, 03:21 AM
My wife doesn't know about my CD, and thus she has never seen me dressed.

But I think women might be concerned for two reasons:

1) They might think that they are not feminine enough and that we are trying to compensate for something they lack. In my opinion, this is unfunded. I had something similar once that I shaved my legs. My wife was concerned because "now she has to shave more often". I really have no complaint about her legs, but she perceived as I'm raising the bar. I'm not raising the bar, I'm just a hairy ape and need to shave parts of my legs where she doesn't have to think about shaving, and more often for not having 5 o'clock beard in my legs.

2) They might perceive that we are getting to good at it, and that a transition is feasible. If you are ugly as myself, then this is not an issue. But if you start looking to good as a girl, the SO might be worried about a CD transitioning.

Honestly, I think that them being jealous and envious about how we look as CDs is not more than a pink fog illusion.

Unless a CD transitions, will never fully look as a woman. No matter if is skinnier, have "better legs" or any other good traits. It's not about individual features, it's about a whole.

Sammy777
03-31-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm on the verge of telling my wife.
One thing I'm concerned about is just how GOOD I look as Dana.
My wife is reaching an age in which insecurities about her own looks are starting to emerge.

WOW :eek: :eek:
Holy Frackin Hanna the PINK FOG is strong in this one Obi-Wan :lol:

Let me guess?????
You haven't told her yet because you're trying to save her the anguish of not being the "GOOD" looking one of the couple??? :doh:

Oh, Ya and be sure to mention how much better you think you look then her when dressed.
I am totally sure that will swing things in your favor during the conversation and make her turn the corner to acceptance that much quicker. :devil:

:lol2: :lol2:

I tried my SO's on once,
I felt like a sex kitten, and had I gotten a sexy, low cut mini dress and gone to a nightclub wearing a cascading, platinum blonde wig down to my mid-back, and 6 inch stilettos with the sheerest of sheer black nylons, I would have garnered TONS of attention. LOL.

I am sure you garner plenty of attention where ever you go sweety.
No matter what you happen to be wearing :D

Sammy777
03-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Sorry for "re-arranging" the order of your post a bit to streamline my responses. :)

1) She [My wife] accepts my dressing but has rules,
one of which includes no makeup when I am with her and dressed.

2) My wife knows I dress but not that I actually work as a woman.

3) I would love to tell her of my office life but that is non-negotiable
- but not something I am willing to give up.

4) I think sometimes she is jealous of the way I look but I could be wrong.

1) Did you ever think that even though she "accepts" that you dress and even lets you do it around/with her that she just might like to be able to still see her man behind the clothes?

2)So what you are saying here is that you finally came clean to your wife about your CD'ing [and She is accepting of it!]
then no sooner do you turn right around and start lying to her all over again about when and where you do it.

And just how do you think your pulling off being able to go to work everyday dressed like that?????
Do you think she really doesn't notice or know?

Wow you are a keeper! :doh:

3) "Non-Negotiable" to Whom?
You? Because you don't want to stop doing it. or
Her? Because you know she will not agree with you doing it?

So apparently, in order to continue doing this you are all to happy to just keep lying to your otherwise accepting wife because it might interfere with your work dressing.

Once again: Wow you are a keeper! :doh:

4) While I do not know what your wife looks like -
I am going to venture a wild guess here and say - NO!

Answer me this general question:
Why do SOOOOOOO many of you [You meaning CD'ers in general]
spend years or decades trying to hide this from your wives,
then you tell her [or get found out] just to find out that she is actually an accepting person do you go right back to lying [again!]
Just because you feel your wife, the woman you lied to for years and who's trust you betrayed, is being "Unfair" or "slow to come around" in her acceptance of you by asking that you [now] respect her, and her wishes by doing, or not doing certain things around her, or in public.

I see so many on here wishing their SO was accepting as others.
Then I see the ones who have accepting SO continue to lie, evade, and otherwise push the boundaries because what you have never seems to be enough, its only just one more thing, one more thing, come'on honey please.

This takes the phrase: "Give you an inch you take a mile" to the extremes!

But yet, none of you seem to realize it until it is too late and she is walking out the door.
And still after that happens - SOMEHOW?!? It is still HER fault?? :brolleyes:

IDK? Help me out here [I]"ladies" am I missing something? :battingeyelashes:

Kathi Lake
03-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Help me out here "ladies" am I missing something? :battingeyelashes:Nope. I think you hit it squarely on the head with a rather large mallet. But if we ignore the pain (or lie and say it doesn't exist) I'm sure it'll go away.

Kathi

ReineD
03-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Sorry Danam, but I have to set the record straight with what actually goes through a wife's mind when she feels insecure about her husband's form of CDing. Actually, this might help with your situation as well.

1) They might think that they are not feminine enough and that we are trying to compensate for something they lack.

First, a woman knows that she is feminine. She knows no other way of being. It is the CDers who do all the measuring. lol

I do agree with your second premise though, but you need to go deeper: a wife would believe that her husband is trying to compensate for something she lacks, but only if the husband behaves in a manner that gives her the message that she is lacking.

Early in the relationship the husband's focus normally is on the wife (as her focus is on him). If over time his focus increasingly switches to his own femme appearance especially if it is a style that is different than his wife's, and at the same time he has stopped letting her know that she still turns him on (and they don't communicate about this), don't you think she'd be justified in feeling that he thinks she is lacking something?

2) They might perceive that we are getting to good at it, and that a transition is feasible.

A wife will believe that a husband wants to transition if his time and attention is increasingly taken up with the business of being femme. For example, if he wants to dress almost full time, this would be an indication that he might want to be a woman full time. It's hard to set down all the different possible degrees of CDing in just this paragraph, but if he dislikes spending time as a guy or if he does so reluctantly in order to appease his wife, then yes, she may well believe he wants to transition. It has absolutely nothing to do with how successful he is with his presentation.

My SO can switch back and forth at will, it doesn't take her long to do this, she is beautiful when she does, and we go out together dressed frequently. He also enjoys being his guy self when he is a guy. He doesn't want to transition and I believe him.

Honestly, I think that them being jealous and envious about how we look as CDs is not more than a pink fog illusion.

I don't know if I'm misreading what you're saying here, but to clarify, it has nothing to do with being jealous or envious of her husband's looks en femme. But again, there are dozens of different scenarios and say a GG is overweight and feels badly about her weight, or her wrinkles, or whatever, then she will feel bad whether she compares herself to her skinny, wrinkle free husband while he is dressed, or a skinny, wrinkle free GG. Her bad feelings come from the way she feels about herself, not her husband dressed.

I think sometimes she is jealous of the way I look but I could be wrong.

No. As a GG I can tell you that her dislike for the CDing runs much deeper than that. It has to do with preconceived ideas, unresolved fears, and unmet needs in your relationship. I'm not saying you are to blame for all this (the responsibility for issues is always shared between both partners), but if you ever want to resolve this with your wife, you're both going to have to get to much deeper levels of discussion than you have already. :sad:

Sally24
03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
First, a woman knows that she is feminine. She knows no other way of being. It is the CDers who do all the measuring. lol
I generally agree with you Reine but I disagree with you here. If we take the strictest meaning of feminine then of course she is female. But people generally interpret feminine to be the stereotypical traits such as grace, beauty, sensitivity, nuturing etc... And if you remember school then you know that girls, and women, do a great deal of measuring the femininity of others. Some women shun the stereotype, others worry about meeting it's standards.

I study natal women whenever I am around them. Their movements, facial expressions, hand movements. I try my darnedest to learn how to move like the most attractive and feminine women that I see. Still, I usually feel that I am a fuzzy reflection of them.

I am vain and I embrace it honestly. I know my wife feels a little jealous and competitive of my looks because she's told me so. I also correct her on most occasions letting her know that I would exchange my features for hers. Her weight is the only area that I beat her at. She has a perfect smile (people think she has false teeth they are so straight), a double thick head of still blonde hair, pale skin, and a very lovely set of breasts. I do compliment her as often as I can, which is still probably not enough. This is not my problem, but it is caused by me so I am sensitive to it.

Carroll
03-31-2011, 06:06 PM
I just asked my wife. She said no :) However, she is a bit jealous that I have a larger bust than her. That was the only real inserity she had, then I showed her what I would look like with a smaller bustline. That's when she decided the size I have is just right for my size

Sherry-Stephanie
03-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Don't know...you need to ask her that....

But I know she's not at all pleased with the fact that A) I can get into a size 7 JR jean and B) when I'm done for the evening I can take off my 38D boobs and her 44DD's are still attached....

ReineD
03-31-2011, 07:21 PM
I generally agree with you Reine but I disagree with you here. If we take the strictest meaning of feminine then of course she is female. But people generally interpret feminine to be the stereotypical traits such as grace, beauty, sensitivity, nuturing etc... And if you remember school then you know that girls, and women, do a great deal of measuring the femininity of others. Some women shun the stereotype, others worry about meeting it's standards.

The only way I can address this is by speaking of my personal experience:

What you say is certainly true in specific circumstances. I don't remember being jealous of the pretty girls in high school and college, but I am sure this is a time where this sort of thing happens frequently. The only time I've felt in competition with another woman was when we were both vying for the same man and this didn't happen frequently. After I was married with kids and felt solid in my relationship, I honestly don't remember measuring myself against other women. There were some, as you say, whose styles were duly noted with a mental note to myself that it wasn't my style. I always quite liked the way I looked. Maybe it has to do with the degree of self-confidence a woman has, and the presence of other interests.

I do consider myself to be average and I'd say that the idea of the "pecking order" is not something that is constantly present between women, unless they feel a threat that a mate or a potential mate's attention might stray or they have body image issues to begin with.

Admittedly, I've been mildly envious of my SO's clothes and jewelry at times, but this was because I wished I could afford these pretty things too. :p This is not being jealous of her femininity. She does have prettier knees than me, and her feet are far more beautiful than mine. She also can grow nails, while mine break if I look at them. I am happy she has these assets, since they are a source of pride for her. I do tell her good-naturedly that I am jealous of her nails, legs, and feet, but I hope she doesn't take it that my femininity feels threatened. lol

Don't forget that women take pride in the way their SOs look too! I love to see my SO's beautiful face light up with that killer smile, and know that she is my partner. Why would a woman feel threatened by her SO's good looks, again, unless she has body image issues, or they both are vying for the attention of the same man? :D

MaryAnn40c
03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
My first wife did think I was way to sexy in womens clothes and yes I did look way better than her. I could wear whatever I wanted and walk in high heels better than her. She was very upset the first few time I got dressed but after a while she was ok with it.

ReineD
03-31-2011, 08:16 PM
My first wife did think I was way to sexy in womens clothes and yes I did look way better than her. I could wear whatever I wanted and walk in high heels better than her. She was very upset the first few time I got dressed but after a while she was ok with it.

MaryAnn, not to be a stickler, but if your wife couldn't walk in high heels very well, might it be because she wasn't interested in wearing them? And if this is the case, then why would she envy you for being able to walk in them? :)

Trust me, jealousy over your presentation was not what your first wife was concerned about. I know that I wasn't there, but believe me, I do know the GG mindset over this. In depth.

VictoriaNylons
03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Very smart wife. You really do seem to have understood the dynamics with your spouse and made a happy union out of it. Others should take heed.

Eryn
03-31-2011, 09:30 PM

I've heard conversations between GGs where they compare the number of dresses or shoes they have in their closets. It may be that such competitions aren't necessarily manly!

Anyway, after Imelda Marcos, they retired that trophy! :)

My wife has nothing to worry about with me. She says I have good legs, but everywhere else I'm, ummm, flat.

ReineD
03-31-2011, 11:28 PM
Eryn, how old were these GGs? I can't see myself keeping tally with my friends. It would just be, I don't know, show-offy somehow. One person is bound to be at a greater financial advantage than the other, and it just seems like a crass thing to do, like bragging about who has the higher salary. Plus, you'd be surprised at how many GGs see their clothes as a non-event ... something you get to fulfill a particular function, but then you file it away and just use it as needed.

Now ... when it comes to bragging about kids, or new bfs or husbands, then it's a whole 'nuther story! :D

Eryn
04-01-2011, 12:27 AM
They looked to be in their 20s or 30s.

A few people in both genders may say crass and impulsive things but that shouldn't bring on a blanket condemnation of either group.

ReineD
04-01-2011, 01:52 AM
I wasn't condemning anyone.

I can understand CDers being proud of their wardrobes. They've worked hard and have gone through a lot to get to a place of self-acceptance, given that most grew up in cultures that told them to suppress their natural instincts. I was just surprised to hear of grown women comparing their wardrobes, in the same way that I wouldn't expect grown men (CDs included) to compare their male wardrobes. Maybe "crass" was too strong a word.

Sammy777
04-01-2011, 02:21 AM
Nope. I think you hit it squarely on the head with a rather large mallet.
But if we ignore the pain (or lie and say it doesn't exist) I'm sure it'll go away.

Hello Kathi
I hope you do not think for even a second that yourself, and others like you on here that actually communicate with your SO's and have found an equilibrium - or your happy place - with yourself, your other self, and your SO.

My post was solely aimed at those few on here that just never seem to get enough and continue to push, prod and are otherwise generally unhappy that their SO's are taking more then 24hrs to fully comprehend, appreciate and accept something they themselves have had years, or even decades to come to terms with. :D

Come now ................. I'm not a total Bitch .................. 2/3's maybe, 7/8ths on some days, but not totally :lol2:

PetiteDuality
04-01-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm with Reine.

I particularly think it's pretentious for a CD to say that a GG is jealous of her SO femininity. It would take a very insecure woman.

As I said, she might be concerned about how good a CD looks because of her perception of "her man", or maybe because she is concerned about the CD thinking about wanting to transition full time.

I guess that if my wife ever finds out, she wouldn't be concerned about me transitioning because I wouldn't be very successful with my looks.

ReineD
04-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I guess that if my wife ever finds out, she wouldn't be concerned about me transitioning because I wouldn't be very successful with my looks.

Petite Duality, you need to be careful how you word this to your wife. I'll try to explain.

If she thinks that the only reason you don't transition is because you feel that you don't look feminine enough naturally and it would take a lot of surgery in order to be taken as a woman, then she might believe that you ARE a TS just for wanting to do it in the first place. Does this make sense? In other words, what your wife would hear in this sentence is, "I'd transition in a minute if I could". So if she thinks you are TS, she might wonder if there will be a time in your life where achieving your ideal look won't matter anymore, or if you'll decide to have facial feminization surgery, and you will go ahead and live female full time anyway.

I guess a CD would say, rather, "I want to look as good as I possibly can when I'm dressed, but I don't want to do this full time because fundamentally I know that I'm a guy and I don't want to change this."

Like I said above, it has nothing to do with how good someone looks physically when dressed. It has everything to do with the intent. If a person feels that fundamentally she is female, then she is a TS no matter what gender she chooses to live as and it is only a matter of time before all the alarms will go off, telling her that she needs to live as herself, no matter what that looks like.

Kathi Lake
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I hope you do not think for even a second that yourself, . . .Sammy, not at all! I was merely joking that most of us are so thick-skulled, that we still don't get it, and even if we do, we stick our fingers in our ears and go lalalalala!

Kathi

ReineD
04-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Danam, I hope you don't mind me posting so much in your thread.

It's just that there are so many false beliefs about a GG's mindset and attitudes in this forum, and there seems to be a greater share of them in this particular thread. I really feel it is a disservice to everyone to not inject a dose of reality.

It's one thing to live in a fantasy and there's nothing wrong with this, and of course any CDer is free to be whoever she wants to be. But to encourage false beliefs about GGs, such as being jealous of their husbands dressed (as I said, if she has a poor body image it is about this and not her husband), or her femininity is threatened, or she doesn't pass as a woman when she chooses to wear pants, all these things can create a wedge in a relationship when the CDer doesn't talk to his wife about all of this. It's not good for them, or for any newbies who read threads like this, because it simply isn't true.

I mean, it's OK to ask a question as to whether it is true or not, but to blatantly say that GGs are jealous or feel threatened because of a perception that a husband is hotter than his wife is simply incorrect.

Vanessac48
04-01-2011, 02:17 PM
yes she does. I like to dress very sexy, always have my nails long and painted, scoop tops, short skirts, and always wear heels and red lipstick. She gets nervous sometimes when I go out, thinking I'm going to draw too much attention, but it is my female persona, so I can't try to be someone I am not. I always dress like that at home too, so it isn't like I go out any different. I do get lots of looks from guys, but I just smile a little or avoid them.

ReineD
04-01-2011, 02:47 PM
:wall: Vanessa, have you read the rest of the responses here? Did your wife actually tell you that you are so hot that you threaten her femininity ... or does she instead have any body image issues of her own?

Or, might it be that she's unhappy with the thought that her husband is going out dressed in a way that any GG would dress in order to attract MEN. Maybe your wife just doesn't get it if you say you're not attracted to men (I'm assuming this is what you tell her), but in the next breath your behavior indicates the opposite. Why do you think that a GG would dress very sexy when she goes out? lol

Shananigans
04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
First and foremost, hats off to Reine. When I see these threads I literally go :rolleyes:

I tried my SO's on once, on a lark (she took pics). They are truly the Cadillac of forms! :p Anyway, on her they are a C, but on me they are more like a D or DD. I felt like a sex kitten, and had I gotten a sexy, low cut mini dress and gone to a nightclub wearing a cascading, platinum blonde wig down to my mid-back, and 6 inch stilettos with the sheerest of sheer black nylons, I would have garnered TONS of attention. LOL.

So if any of your wives become jealous, just remind them that in order to make a true and fair comparison, they should put on all the same eye candy and makeup, and then stand side by side in a mirror with you to compare. :D

On a side note though, some women have forms to an extent. Have you seen that new Victoria's Secret Miraculous bra that increases you 2 cups sizes? The padding is ridiculous. My friend bought one so when her boobs are looking like she had implants, we'll punch her a little on the boob and go, "Yep, feels like I hit a pillow." I tried one on at the store (wasn't going to spend 50$ on a bra that I could only wear like once a month) and it hiked the sisters up so high that they almost punched me in the chin.

They also make bikini versions of it...and it REALLY looks good. I might get me one a dem :thinking:

It's totally cheating though!

WOW :eek: :eek:
Holy Frackin Hanna the PINK FOG is strong in this one Obi-Wan :lol:
I lol'd and I agreed with you.

I am vain and I embrace it honestly. I know my wife feels a little jealous and competitive of my looks because she's told me so. I also correct her on most occasions letting her know that I would exchange my features for hers. Her weight is the only area that I beat her at. She has a perfect smile (people think she has false teeth they are so straight), a double thick head of still blonde hair, pale skin, and a very lovely set of breasts. I do compliment her as often as I can, which is still probably not enough. This is not my problem, but it is caused by me so I am sensitive to it.

I've never been jealous of not being feminine. I just feel innately feminine. I've never had "bathroom talk" where another girl was like, "Damn that girl So-and-So...she's so feminine and I'm not." It goes more like, "Damn that girl So-and-So with the new Chanel bag. She doesn't even look good with that bag. I'll be saving for the rest of my life for one." Or, "Damn that girl So-and-So she looks like a total hag and she slept with my bf."

Also note that women say, "Oh my GOD! I'm so jealous!" as a compliment too. My friend comes out looking hot for a party that we are going to and I will say, "Look at you with your cute little dress and hair...I'm jealous, I look like a cow." Do I really think I look like a cow? No. Am I really jealous? No. But, do I think that she looks really good and I want to "talk her up" to make her feel good about herself? Yes.

And, I expect her to do the same for me haha If she doesn't say something like, "Oh, please, you look like walking man-magnet"...I'd think, "Stuck up, biyatch doesn't know the rules of bathroom talk." You're SUPPOSED to compliment and say how bad you look and that leads the other girl to compliment. Ever heard of fishing for compliments? Yep. Women do it to each other too.

My point being that if your wife says she's jealous, don't automatically think she has a complex. She may be treating you a little like "one of the girls" and being sweet to you. Doesn't mean she is insincere or doesn't think that you look good. She probably does, but THIS IS HOW GGs TALK TO EACH OTHER!

katesometimes
04-01-2011, 09:51 PM

I think my wife is more jealous that I can choose to be smaller. I picture myself wearing a B or C cup when dressing to go out (bigger for fetish dressing) and she is much much bigger and has often thought about a reduction.

And I could never be as beautiful as she is. She is a very lovely woman while I'll always more or less look like a guy in a dress.

dilane
04-02-2011, 12:55 AM
The number of TG's who look better (more feminine and beautiful) then their GG partners is vanishingly small.

Many MTF's suffer from the "boy disease" of overwhelming self-confidence -- men have a tendency to think they look better than they do, and women very often have the opposite syndrome and are hypercritical of their appearance.

Some of us TG's may be more slender then our GG partners, but very few are more feminine and attractive; let's get real, ok??

(the opinions herein expressed are those of the poster and do not reflect those of the Management)

-- Diane

ReineD
04-03-2011, 11:32 PM
I'd like to add to my post #76 to Vanessa above:

My post sounds much harsher than intended and for this I apologize. I do want to clarify, there's nothing wrong with going out dressed very sexy. You know that you're doing it for good reasons, which is that it makes you feel good about yourself. What I'm trying to say is, GGs go out dressed "very sexy" for entirely different reasons and it may take a wife awhile before she can understand that her husband's motives aren't to attract men. Until she does understand this, the wife may object quite strongly over her husband's attempts to look hot & sexy, and this might make the husband believe that she's jealous. But, it's not about jealousy, nor is it about the wife feeling that her femininity is threatened. The wife simply is very much concerned that she is losing her husband.

The wife is not a CDer, so how can she possibly understand that her husband's motives for dressing are different than GGs? Does this make sense?