PDA

View Full Version : Body Dysmorphic Disorder?

SarahMarie42
03-27-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm wondering if any of the other users on this forum struggle with body image issues.

Cynthia Anne
03-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Please explain a little more! Hugs

SarahMarie42
03-27-2011, 08:13 PM
I perceive flaws that are either imperceptible to others or non-existent, and I end up thinking I look awful. I know I have BDD, but I also wonder if I may have deeper gender issues because looking totally like a woman is so important to me. Idk though. -.-

SandraAbsent
03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
I am unhappy with my body every time i look in the mirror. some of it i can change, some of it i cant afford to change, some of it i am too scared to change. so i am right there with ya girl.

Steph.TS
03-27-2011, 08:24 PM
I hate my freckles and the odd mole or skintag, but besides that (putting gender to 1 side) I'm happy with how I look.

Cynthia Anne
03-27-2011, 08:28 PM
I have many body issues that can't be changed! But I came to live with it and still enjoy every day that I wake up to! And besides, your too pretty to worry about it!

Kathryn Philips
03-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I think we are all very self critical about our appearance. Like you, looking totally like a woman is very important to me. In fact, it IS the reason why I dress. When I look in the mirror I want to see a woman. Although I wish my body was different (eg less hairy and tighter skin uder my chin), I just view these as inconveniences to my goal of looking like a woman. I dont believe I have BDD and dont feel I have the wrong body.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
03-27-2011, 08:33 PM
I hate getting old. I also hate having been born in a time when there was near nothing about CD and transgendered help. I have read that the best time to take HRT is before puberty for MtF. I hate my body because it is not what I want and this is why I never post a photo. I hate the twins and funnel that reside between my legs, I hate the lines on my face. Maybe I should just throw away the mirrors too. But its all I have got, so I put up with it and shed tears frequently.

sissystephanie
03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I am also getting old..................Heck, I am old!! But I don't hate my body! I love that I still have all of it, even if some parts don't work very well!! But then unlike a lot of the CD's on this forum, I have never wanted to actually be a woman! I definitely like to dress like one, but that is as far as it goes. I was born a man, and am proud to be one!

sherib
03-27-2011, 08:42 PM
I didn't have any body issues until the medication I was taking cause a very bad rash on both sides of my face and neck. A lot of raise bumps and scares and make up won't cover it. That's why I don't show my face. I'm satishfied with everything else

CarlaWestin
03-27-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm missing half of a pectoral muscle (surgery from birth defect) so I tend to over compensate with large breast forms. They feel symmetrically correct. And yummy!

GaleWarning
03-27-2011, 09:14 PM
It's my bod and I am happy with it, puku (belly) and all.
It's only my shell, my temporary residence; it's much less than "me" and not the real "me".
My essence resides in my body, for the moment, and will move on when I pass on from this earth.

SarahMarie42
03-27-2011, 09:32 PM
You know, I'm usually bothered by my being a little bit chubbier, but I can't really understand WHY. I've always found thick women to be incredibly sexy. As a guy, I'd take a woman with some skin before I'd take a toothpick.

VioletJourney
03-27-2011, 11:00 PM
I understand what you're going through. My brother has BDD (well I diagnosed him myself with 1 year of psych under my belt), it seems like it would be awful. He's in denial about it though; you know you have it so you can overcome it!

SarahMarie42
03-28-2011, 12:18 AM
I can't get over this. It would be so much easier if I weren't so good at making everyone else look pretty. It seems that I'm the only person I can't work my magic on. :[

Am I seeing things that aren't even existent?

GaleWarning
03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Yes, you are Sarah!

The rest of us think you look lovely.