PDA

View Full Version : Traveling dressed up.

squarejohn
03-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Supposed you're flying somewhere in your female persona. At the airport you have to present a picture ID. The male picture on the ID doesn't match what you look like at that moment in your carefully applied makeup and new dress. I'm sure someone has experienced this. What happens next?

VickysBFF
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
I have not experienced this personally, but I have seen the issue addressed in other threads here. The most common response was that there weren't any problems with "flying pretty" if it was a standard domestic flight but might be an issue for international flights. Your best bet is to call ahead of time and ask and make sure to allow extra time to get through security.

Shelly Preston
03-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Oh you will find a few threads on the subject

Some of our members seem to travel everywhere enfemme :D

I suggest you search for those it will tell you everything you need to know

AllieSF
03-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I did a round trip to and From Las Vegas in November last year en femme. Going I had no ID problem, just got the full and very thorough pat down when a metal bone in my waist cincher set off the alarm at the first walk through screening station. No other problems there. On the way back a new TSA agent at the entry point to the security check line did not know what to do when my obviously male ID did not match my female presentation. She called over another more experienced agent who passed me through with no issues. He then followed me to the little conveyor belt where you put your things to be scanned and asked me a lot of thoughtful questions about transitioning. It was a great experience recommended for those who want to fly en femme. There are many threads on this very topic as mentioned above. Do as search here and you will find a lot of good information plus a lot of unnecessary rants about increased security at airports. Good luck and try it because you will definitely like it.

StaceyJane
03-28-2011, 02:13 PM
I've never flown but I have ridden Amtrak trains en femme and I have had to show my ID then.
Absolutely no problem. They look at the picture, look at me then let me go.