PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Cross Dressing

kimdl93
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM
I've seen a couple of threads discussing dressing and housework. I would like to take the conversation in a related direction for a moment. I think its entirely possible and appropriate to express femininity while engaging in the most mundane aspects of daily life. For example, these past two weekends, my wife and I engaged in a couple of marathon gardening sessions. It was just us two girls working in the garden and it was so much fun! We spent the better part of four days on our hands and knees, grubbing out weeds and roots, planting (and replanting), and top dressing with compost, manure and mulch.

I don't suppose it sounds like a very girly thing to do, but in my family, historically its the ladies who tend the garden and the flower beds. So, in some sense, I was channeling my mom and grandmother. Besides, I wore a straw hat, halter top (lots of sunscreen) and cotton crop pants, and clunky plastic garden shoes. Not the height of fashion, but appropriate for the job, and not much different than Mom might have worn when she was doing the same thing at this age.

ShannonDragon
03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
You mean like such fem things as getting the trash ready to go out. Cleaning the cats pans and reading emails. All those things and more that I have been doing the last hour.

I long time ago figured out that just because I am wearing a skirt or dress, doesn't mean I have to restrict myself to "girly" things. My wife doesn't!!

Cynthia Anne
03-28-2011, 07:34 PM
I have done almost every thing while 'dressed'! Including painting from an extension ladder! BUT I don't think I'll try working under a car again while wearing a dress!

RADER
03-28-2011, 07:38 PM
In Illinois, the frost just left the ground, and the mud is up to your elbows.
But I will hold the thought for a month or two.
Rader

Ozark
03-28-2011, 07:54 PM
So today, while working around the house, going to the hardware store and gas station I was wearing just clothes--- Chic pull on jeans with a faux fly and no back pockets, a caroline tee shirt and veniza(?) overshirt and tennis shoes. Underneath all this? :) of course!

StacyCD
03-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Lately I've been able to dress around the house (no make up or wig) and I've been doing the same things that I would have been doing had I not been dressed. However, I seem to enjoy it a lot more dressed!

Kiwi Primrose
03-29-2011, 03:27 AM
My normal day starts with a shower and dressing fully fem - bra, panties, slip, skirt, top, knee-highs or pantyhose and heeled shoes.
Then it is into the kitchen to tidy up and prepare breakfast, on to my computer to get my mail, back to the kitchen to finish breakfast and take it to my wife. She enjoys breakfast in bed and every day we share breakfast and read the paper together.
By the time I have tidied up after breakfast I have spent about one and a half hours fully dressed and it is time to change my outer clothing for the day. I have been down the drive to get the paper and sometimes seen by my neighbours, and I am totally relaxed.
My wife loves the help and fully understands my desire to dress and be prepared to do housework.

Maria 60
03-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Last Saturday the kids were both working and Maria got all dolled up. The wife wanted to do some spring cleaning in the basement and i replied, Maria doesn't do those things, Maria is a princess. Well that didn't go over to well. She kind of said something like, maybe the princess should look for a new castle where she doesn't have to do this. All kidding aside it felt different to lift boxes and do man things in a dress.

linda allen
03-29-2011, 08:05 AM
....... Besides, I wore a straw hat, halter top (lots of sunscreen) .............

Those tan lines will get you in trouble if you go out in male mode shirtless. Just sayin ................

wanagione
03-29-2011, 08:18 AM
I like to"dress" all the time, I've painted, and put down a kitchen floor dressed. It just seems so natural. The first time my wife saw me dressed I was in bike tights a top, my hair up, sneakers and i was cleaning the house.

JohnH
03-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Some days I like to throw on a house dress instead of my standard shirt and pants. That's no big deal at all.

Johanna

noeleena
03-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Hi .

So what your saying is if im wearing overalls & doing the lawns welding cutting fire wood cleaning the 4 x 4 & tidying up the yard sweeping the paths im not a woman. & after 50 out of 63 years i thought i was . oh dear now ill never know will i , bugger i lost out on that one.
Now lets see what do i need to change that. may be change my clothes & look like a woman will that do it, may be tho i dought it ..

So itll just have to be i was born with out that femininity & really its not me. even so some of us women dont have it, yet we are still just women in every day to day things no matter what i do, or were i go.

...noeleena...

Tina B.
03-29-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm all over the place on this one, yesterday I was wearing a cute skirt, sweater and heels, spent the day cooking and cleaning, even mopped the Kitchen floor.
Today, it's just Capri's and a a scoop neck top, with flats. still have wig and make up, but today it's laundry and clean up in the attic. The Capri's are for up and down the ladder. Some days it's just a pair of Capri's and a tee no wig or make up, it all works for me, as long as it's female I'll be in in it.
Tina B.

Marcie R.
03-29-2011, 09:53 AM
As you can see by my Avatar and picture, I sometimes dress very casual with skinny pants and a scoop necked blouse or sweater. Underneath I certainly have all the wonderful feminine lingerie, I love. It is less obvious to go out in public dressed in this fashion than, going out to the mall, in a dress with all the excessive makeup and jewellery. To be accepted in the mainstream of life, we must look around at what most of the other women are wearing, in each situation.

kimdl93
03-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Those tan lines will get you in trouble if you go out in male mode shirtless. Just sayin ................

That's what sunblock is for :)

dennisGTS
03-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I do pretty much anything around the house while dressed enfemme from vacuuming, doing laundry, fixing common household problems, even work on my car. Just caused I'm dressed in women’s clothes, I don't get the feeling of fulfilling the stereotypical female chores/roles around the house...just knowing that I'm wearing womens clothes makes me feel femenine.

sweetjan
03-29-2011, 10:53 AM
I love to do any kind of housework dressed up. It really does not matter what I do as long as I can dress up.

RenneB
03-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Garden, what's a garden. All we have up here is white stuff laying on the ground. Nothing grows...... Opps, just looked out the closet window.... What's that green stuff. I haven't seen that since last October. Renne doesn't do work. She just lays around the house and shops..... LOL...

Renne.... .