PDA

View Full Version : I told my mom last night

VioletJourney
03-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Last night, I had a private conversation with my mom, and I told her everything. I thought she'd be uncomfortable with it, but it turns out she's delighted! Well, she's delighted because she knew something hadn't been right with me for a while, and she's glad I put it out in the open and settled this issue. She's encouraging me to dress, because she knows how repressed my feminine side can be living with my dad and my macho brother, so she's glad I have an outlet. She even told me I can borrow some of her clothes sometimes :D and that I can order stuff online and ship it to her office. She doesn't want to see me enfemme quite yet - but she said maybe in time she can love me as a daughter as well as a son, and we can even go shopping together!

Anyway, I've never felt closer to her in my life, and I owe it all to you girls for the encouragement. Thank you!

Jill Devine
03-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Simply awesome. So happy for you.

Jess Marie
03-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I wish I could have one of these success stories :( My mom wouldn't be quite so accepting. Congrats!

Jessica_Dillon
03-30-2011, 11:41 PM
WOW! This is a great story! I have envisioned so many times talking to my folks...mom especially, and having it go much this way. But reality is that I'd probably be disowned. I'm happy for you. Great job!

Rianna Humble
03-31-2011, 12:02 AM
That's a great reaction - parents can sometimes be amazing!

When I came out to my father last year, I took it gently over the next couple of months until he became OK with seeing me dressed. The main thing is to keep the communication going at your mum's pace and listen to her feelings.

Congratulations Violet.

Natalie Wood
03-31-2011, 12:08 AM
I am very happy for you! I really want to tell my mother too. My wife and I have discussed the topic of telling my mother. Here's the rub. No matter how confidential something is she cannot keep her mouth shut. And now days it is even worse because she is becoming very forgetful. So either she will forget that I cd or she will forget not to tell the rest of our Irish family. Which of course includes guys who drink too much and razz each other to death. So that would give everyone something to laugh about for a while. But I suspect that she would be very understanding of it.

Babeba
03-31-2011, 12:11 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!! That is too awesome!! :-) I'm so happy that your mom cares about you so much. I kind of get the feeling that she's 100% on board the train for Violet's Journey, even if she's not comfortable with the terrain the track is going over quite just yet. Give it time, slowly, and I'm sure your mother will be your #1 cheerleader!

suzanne
03-31-2011, 12:37 AM
Incredibly good news! I'm so happy for you. If you had no sisters growing up, maybe you could become the daughter your Mom never had! You'll probably have to build up slowly, but you might someday be going shopping with her or having a girls night out. Awesome

VioletJourney
03-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Incredibly good news! I'm so happy for you. If you had no sisters growing up, maybe you could become the daughter your Mom never had! You'll probably have to build up slowly, but you might someday be going shopping with her or having a girls night out. Awesome
Well I mentioned that to her... she said she never really wanted a daughter because before she had me she had to help raise my girl cousins and thought they were holy terrors :heehee:

Suzette Muguet de Mai
03-31-2011, 05:22 AM
Isn't it funny, mothers know when things are not right.

Noortje
03-31-2011, 05:33 AM
Wow, that's great. What made you decide to tell her? It seems that the "I thought they would be uncomfortable, but they don't mind" thing happens a lot more than we think...

Megan70
03-31-2011, 05:45 AM
Don't forget her on mothers Day... buy her something special and feminine.

Danni Renee
03-31-2011, 06:31 AM
I came out to my girlfriend before Christmas and it could not have went better. But I am still hesitant to tell my mother yet. Your story sounds familiar in that my mother is always telling me that I have changed and that she can tell something is wrong. I felt so much relief after telling my girlfriend, I wonder if I would feel the same relief telling my Mom.

Alisa
03-31-2011, 06:37 AM
That's a great story Violet! What a super understanding mom... that's so special... thanks for sharing hun... Hugs, Alisa.

DAVIDA
03-31-2011, 06:41 AM
I remember when I told my mother.:daydreaming:
Then I asked her to shorten and hem a skirt!:eek::D

Jennifer Marie P.
03-31-2011, 06:56 AM
Thats great when your mom knows.

Cynthia Anne
03-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Your story has even brighten my day! I'm very happy for you! 'We sure could use some good news today'! And you just provided it! Thanks! Hugs for you both!

suzy1
03-31-2011, 08:34 AM
I just love reading stories like this. It makes my day!
Thank you Violet for posting this.

Hugs, SUZY

Bethany38
03-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Violet,

This has made my day, week, and maybe even month and year. Your Mother deserves the biggest hug ever and maybe a present. If everyone were like your mum, no one would be in the closet. I shed a tear of happiness for you when I read this.

clare29
03-31-2011, 09:52 AM
glad your mum understand i remember having to tell my mum, I had to tell her so she would understand partly why my wife was leaving me all my mum could say was she always wanted a daughter.

SarahMarie42
03-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Again. I am overjoyed over the fact that things went so well with your mom, hon. My mom is similarly accepting and even lets me wander about the house enfemme while she's here haha. Wouldn't it be great for all parents to be so open to gaining a "daughter"? x]

EllieOPKS
03-31-2011, 09:56 AM
congrats to you Violet. You have opened a new door for enriching your relationship with your mom.

I have noticed that MOST moms are like puppies, there love is unconditional.

Pythos
03-31-2011, 10:04 AM
That is such great news to hear. Hopefully it will hold, and you can be the person you wish to be.

NicoleScott
03-31-2011, 11:09 AM
That's great for you and your mom, but I would suggest wearing your own clothes. Otherwise, she may look at this as just dressup fun for you.

VioletJourney
03-31-2011, 11:21 AM
That's great for you and your mom, but I would suggest wearing your own clothes. Otherwise, she may look at this as just dressup fun for you.

Yeah. I told her I need to start building up a wardrobe, and she's letting me order things online shipped to her office (to avoid my dad and brother stumbling across the packages), but for now if I need some of her things to tide me over I just have to ask :)

Byron
03-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Glad to hear it went well.

Chrissy be good
03-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Congratulations Violet. Must be like a big weight lifted off your shoulders.

rachaelsloane
03-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Violet,
It is nice to hear that your mother is accepting of your dressing and that she even wants you to continue buying clothes. Give her time and between the two of you, you will both know when it is right for her to see Violet. The fact that you are now closer is all that matters.
The Best,
Rachael

Matt2Lynn
03-31-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm so happy that it went well for you. Sounds like you have a very special mother.

LIKETODRESS2
03-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Good for you I just wish we all could have a mom whi supports like yurs . My mom found out and she was pissed that was 17 years a go still will not talk about it wiht me

t-girlxsophie
03-31-2011, 08:42 PM
thats great news,I think your one of the few lucky ones whos mum finds the positives in finding out their son is a crossdresser,one thing im seeing is how rubbish i was at hiding stuff from my mum.the amount of you whos parents never knew.my mother has never quite understood why i like dressing up.doesnt mean she doesnt love me any less though.

ReineD
03-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Aww. I'm not surprised. There's no end to the amount of love a mother feels for her kids. :)

The only sane thing any of us can do is accept them for who they are. :hugs:

gretchen2
04-01-2011, 08:35 AM
It always feels good to cast the chains aside.