PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

Marcia Blue
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
I belong to a group called, Central Iowa Cross Dressers, CICD for short. I was checking the groups messages yesterday, and found we had a new member. A Diane from my home town, had joined our group. I tracked down her Profile on a INTERNET site. She had posted a picture. Diane looked an awful like my ex-sister-in-law's, step-father. I showed my wife the pic and she agreed that Diane was my ex-sister-in-law's, step-father.

I checked the groups messages today, over noon hour. I found out that Diane and her SO, would be attending the CICD meeting Saturday evening. I do not know why, but I started to freak out in my head. I met my wife after work, and told her about Diane and her SO attending the meeting Saturday. Then I tried to express my freaking out thoughts to my wife also. My wife listened and said, I really think you should talk to Diane and her SO, before the meeting. I have known Diane's, SO since the early 80s, so no introductions would be required.

I went to Diane's home and rang the bell. Diane's SO answered the door. I said, "Hi, can I ask you a question, if it makes no sense, forget all about it." She replied, "Sure go ahead." I asked, "Are you and Diane, going to Debbie's, Saturday night?" She answered, "Come on in". She called to Diane, We have a guest. Then she gave me a big hug.

The three of us had a nice chat, and broke the ice before the meeting. I am no longer freaking out and feel very relieved.

My wife, is a very wise women.

Cynthia Anne
03-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Nothing to worry about! That's great! Go and have fun!

Babeba
03-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Wow! Small world, eh? Glad that you talked to them and felt more comfortable and no longer are freaking out. Were Diane and her SO surprised?

Eryn
03-31-2011, 09:44 PM
It sounds like you handled that perfectly!

Marcia Blue
03-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Wow! Small world, eh? Glad that you talked to them and felt more comfortable and no longer are freaking out. Were Diane and her SO surprised?

Yes, I think they were a little surprised, but delighted none the less.

Julogden
03-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Marcia, that's a really cool story! No need to freak out after all. :)

Carol

Melissa Jill
04-01-2011, 07:08 AM
haha amazing! Small world indeed.

Rogina B
04-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Great! Now you know that you are all from the same playground!!A situation like this is a two way street..you have exposed your interests to them [after,don't forget] they HAD exposed their interests to you. A win for both of you!

Bethany38
04-01-2011, 07:16 AM
This is too cool.....................

TxKimberly
04-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Cool! Yeah, you gotta watch those wives as they are often much smarter than they let on! LOL

kimdl93
04-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Yes, your wife is a wise person. I'm glad she advised and you decided to visit with them in advance of the meeting!

Tina B.
04-01-2011, 09:26 AM
I bet that it also helped Diane, walking into a new group and seeing someone you've known all those years could have ruined her first night with the new group. You just can't beat a supportive wife, and especially a real smart one like you have!
Tina B.

BLUE ORCHID
04-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi Marcia, First off I would say how great you look. Glad everything turned out so well for you.
If only we knew what goes on with our friends and neighbors.

Orchid

Angie G
04-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Well now you have something in common to talk about.:hugs:
Angie

Sarah Doepner
04-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Was she disappointed or uncomfortable that you recognized her from the photo she had posted?

Kim_Bitzflick
04-01-2011, 11:13 AM
You have a VERY wise wife, BUT you are also very smart. I like the way you worded the question to her. Only someone in the know would understand it.

sterling12
04-01-2011, 11:41 AM
So glad it's turning out OK! My Heart about stopped when I got to The Part where you talked to The Wife. I think I would have held off my question until I talked directly to Diane, but everything seemed to work just fine. Obviously it was a better choice than waiting until The Meeting!

Now you have a new friend around town. Hopefully, someone you can share your feelings with, and do some things together. I am sure Diane will feel the same way.

Peace and Love, Joanie

carhill2mn
04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Fortunately, you do have a wise and loving wife. I am not clear as to why this situation caused you so much concern. You now have more "special" friends.

JulieC
04-01-2011, 12:31 PM
"Hi, can I ask you a question, if it makes no sense, forget all about it."

I had virtually the same scenario evolve on a subject having nothing to do with CDing but related to alternative lifestyles. I stumbled across what I thought was a former employee of mine on a website which used profile names. I wasn't sure, so sometime later I asked her "I have an unusual question to ask. Does <insert profile name> mean anything to you?"

Like you, an enjoyable and interesting discussion followed.

Marcia Blue
04-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Was she disappointed or uncomfortable that you recognized her from the photo she had posted?

No she really did seem bothered by me recognizing Diane at all. She did seem more suprised that I was a CD. She also was excited, to learn that she knew, another couple in a similiar situation.

Marcia Blue
04-01-2011, 06:28 PM
I like the way you worded the question to her. Only someone in the know would understand it.

I thought real hard about how to approach them. Just blurting out, Is/are **** a cross dresser?, seemed real harsh, and what if I was wrong?

My Heart about stopped when I got to The Part where you talked to The Wife. I think I would have held off my question until I talked directly to Diane, but everything seemed to work just fine.

I already knew from Diane's intro post to our group that, her wife knew about the dressing. This was seconded by the fact that Diane, had told our Matriarch that both were going to be at the meeting. Thirdly I have known Diane's SO for a very long time, much longer than Diane, and she and I get along real well.