PDA

View Full Version : Fountain of youth

BeckyAnderson
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
I can't tell you how many times I've heard that I don't look like I'm 63 years old when I am dressed. I think there's a reason for that. After getting dressed and putting on my makeup I simply feel younger and more vibrant and I guess I act somewhat younger too. I know it's my imagination but when I look in the mirror I always see a younger looking girl. Geeezzz...Ponce de Leone was searching for the fountain of youth...BUT Cover Girl has really found it!!!! :D

Have any of you girls ever been told that you look much younger when you are dressed and do your makeup? I'd really love to know.

Hugs,
Becky

Anne2345
04-01-2011, 07:49 PM
What???!!! You are 63 years old??!!! I just posted a compliment on your picture thread before seeing this thread. 63 years old???!!! You lie!!! Sorry, but there is NO way! Fountain of Youth, indeed! If I look even half as good as you do 20 years from now when I'm your age, I'll be quite happy! Who am I kidding? I don't look even half as good as you do now! I love it! Very well done, girl! Stay young!

Marissa
04-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Its too funny since I saw both threads and decided to look at your pics..then I'm scratching my head..did she say 63 on the other thread????? no way.. :) whatever it is you are doing or using..keep going as its doing wonders..hmmm hope that sounds right..hehehe..anyway, its very impressive.

Think for some, dressing does bring out a youthfulness in us. More smiles and overdone mannerisms may give us a since of youth. Ok, at least for me it does :) And add being who we want to be without some barries adds to it all.

And tons and tons and tons of makeup...lol..

rachaelsloane
04-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Becky,
As one of the over 60 girls, I have to say you look great. Makeup does not do it all, you have those wonderful youthful genes.
The Best,
Rachael

Stephanie Miller
04-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I can only hope I look half as good when I get there in four years. Save a tad bit of the ol' CoverGirl for me in case I can't find any then.

Jorja
04-01-2011, 11:14 PM
It's all in learning how to use the trowl. :D

You look fantastic for 63 but then 63 is the new 43.

NathalieX66
04-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Hi Becky!
Having been out with you, I can tell you how amazed I am by how your overall physiqye is 20-25 years younger than you really are.
Must be those collection of vitamins you take. :)
Yeah, really.....yes, I mean it.
just do what I say , and drink lots of water daily.
Let's go golfing someday, golf girl.

gwenbeth
04-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Last month I had someone think I was in my early 30's, which isn't bad for someone who just turned 40.

dilane
04-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Yes, makeup and hair really help :) It also helps to be trim.

I'm just a couple years younger than you and most take me to be in my mid 40s.

KrystalA
04-02-2011, 05:38 AM
I saw your picture post and I must say you look fantastic. Those pics make you look about 30 years younger than you are. Whatever it is you're doing, Becky, keep it up.

msniki48
04-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Hi Becky!
Having been out with you, I can tell you how amazed I am by how your overall physiqye is 20-25 years younger than you really are.
Must be those collection of vitamins you take. :)
Yeah, really.....yes, I mean it.
just do what I say , and drink lots of water daily.
Let's go golfing someday, golf girl.

Becky, you little fox...nathalie is right, i ve been to a few meetings with you girl... so you say vitamins, water and covergirl...hmmmm i start today! lol

ohhh you have a threesome if you want...golf girl!

hugs

Alisa
04-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Have any of you girls ever been told that you look much younger when you are dressed and do your makeup?

Becky, Hope I look as good as you when I get to be your age... You look great girl friend... anyway no one has ever commented on how I might look younger than my age. Of course that may be because I do not display my age here on the site... In fact the only age related comment I've received, was in response to a picture post where in someone used used of a colloquial term generally used to describe a sexually attractive older female, between 30 and 50 years of age. Not sure if that counts because I'm at the upper end of that age range... :D Hugs, Alisa

S. Lisa Smith
04-02-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm the baby, I'm only 61. You look wonderful!!! Maybe something wonderful will happen to me in two years!!

BLUE ORCHID
04-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi Becky, You sure don't look your age.
Than again at sixty eight with the proper makeup and wig I think I do knock off a few years.
I must say that you youngsters do look fantastic though.

Orchid

Debra Russell
04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Yes Becky you look great! I am 65 and think the transformation magic of make-up is youth to us and your right - - water, vitamins and might. I add exercise.

Shananigans
04-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Haha and here I thought the fountain of youth was low calorie diet, exercise, sunscreen, and drinking Kefir.

Cover Girl is way easier.

docrobbysherry
04-02-2011, 12:10 PM
U look GREAT, Becky!

One day I hope to look in my 40's. However, at present I seem to be stuck in 20/30's!
Dated 20/30's, tho! LOL! Does THAT count?

ReineD
04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I can't answer from a CD point of view, but as a GG, people also say I look younger when I wear makeup and if I am dressed a tad above normal for going out. Also, usually when I'm focusing on my looks and style of dress more (as opposed to just being au naturel when I stay in on any given evening), I wash and style my hair so that it has that just freshly washed shiny and bouncy look and this also adds to the more youthful appearance.

When you think of it, some particular fashions and the makeup do change the baseline look and they are designed to precisely make the wearers look younger and not older. :)

PS. I agree ... you so don't look in your 60s in your pics! :hugs:

Kate Simmons
04-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Of course but as any red blooded woman knows, it's all smoke and mirrors and illusion. Not to mention makeup works wonders.:heehee::)

Lainie
04-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I'd have said, "She really takes good care of herself for a 43-yr old."

I try to dress in an age-appropriate way, but there is a bias toward youthful appearance, because anyone with a fashion flair will always seem more lively.

Samantha43
04-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Wow Becky, you look fantastic!

I also look younger, but not on the same level as you!

Momarie
04-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Why not just embrace who you are?
You are 63....own it, embrace it and all the loveliness & wisdom it is.... and it wants to embrace you in all it's loveliness.
And mind you, there are great wonderous things that come....if you let them.
It's so unnatural to see someone your age fighting against it.
Part of being a woman is knowing when to pass the baton to the younger generation.
To give our voice and wisdom to them....with a happy loving heart.
A woman knows this when she no longer bleeds (I am native American so this is a priveledge, not something to mock and be ashamed of).
I'm not saying there isn't great worth in who you are....there is, but there isn't any worth at all in pretending you are young.
There is much wealth and comfort in your age.....only discomfort in pretending there isn't.

Tracii G
04-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I have mentioned my age(58) before and one lady said wow I would have thought you were in your 40's.
Tell me what make up you use I'm going to try it.
I take a multi vitamin everyday and use a product called H.A joint formula and it seems not only to keep my joints limber plus it makes my skin very soft.
Great for keeping the crow's feet down to a minimum.

Jodi
04-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I am 65 (will turn 66 this year). Last New Years eve when we were out at a regular party, I was told by a number of gg's that I looked like I was in my 40's. I guess the makeup does work.

Jodi

lexinicole
04-02-2011, 07:10 PM
You look great! Keep it up!

Cynthia Anne
04-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Are you a natural blond! Beautiful ladies like you always lie about there age! BUT! Now try to understand THIS! Beautiful ladies always say there younger not older! o-k! ha, ha! Hugs!

jetta
04-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Damn! You are 63? I would have easily take you for being in your early 40s

Sarah Doepner
04-03-2011, 10:41 AM
You look great dear. While I may not look younger, I do feel younger than my 61 years when I get all prettied up. I do believe that using moisturizer and staying away from smoking has helped a lot.

darla_g
04-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I think it all comes down to visual cues about age. Skin is one of the biggest cues and of course hair, and style of dress. But if you have a wig that solves that problem of hair.

Ultimately if you can pretend to be a woman you can always pretend to be younger as well. Nice look.

carhill2mn
04-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Yes, fortunately, as I am much older than you!

Misti
04-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes, fortunately, as I am much older than you!

Amen to that! xoxoxoxoxo :battingeyelashes:

I needed all those xo's (although i really do mean them) in order to make this the minimum 20 characters long, and thusly qualify as a legit post. :heehee:

Otherwise, being a girl needing but a few words herein to answer this wonderous post in the affirmative... it's back to my original response...

Amen to that! :D

denisecdfl
04-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Becky, you are an inspiration to all. I'm with you in that few can believe I am 69. It's all the support and encouragement we get from this site that makes us want to look the best that we can. I definitely do not want to look, dress, feel, act like or be treated like an old woman.

Melanie R
04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Becky, you do look fantastic. Recently I turned 72 and celebrated enfemme. with my SO, family and other cd,s on a 7 day cruise. One night we had a guess Melanie's age in the piano bar with a group of new women friends. Most thought my age was around 45. They thought I was lying when I revealed my true age and showed my driver's license. You probably share my secret of maintaining a positive attitude, good skin care and good genes.

t-girlxsophie
04-05-2011, 10:10 PM
I have been told I look younger when dressed,I certainly feel much younger,when in drab I have had grey hair from an early age (thanks dad),maybe when its time for the grey wig (yuk) that will be the end of that,take the very few compliments that come my way while i can get them lol

Sophie

ArleneRaquel
04-06-2011, 01:59 PM
63 here. Enfemme I have been told that I look much younger. I know that I feel your and more vibrant.

JaytoJillian
04-06-2011, 06:02 PM
You are totally forever young

kimdl93
04-06-2011, 06:11 PM
I just saw your latest pictures, and I gotta say, I wouldn't have guessed 63...maybe a very young and fit 50. Being in shape helps of course. But the other thing I would like to mention is that your question prompted me to go to your web site and read your bio. I think it should be required reading for anyone thinking about coming out and particularly for those who have recently come out.

Barbara Dugan
04-06-2011, 09:06 PM
You look fabulous Becky..I am only 42 and some people tell me I a look younger but I think I look a lot younger in drab, when I dress I feel I look aroung my age