PDA

View Full Version : How effeminate Are you??

joan47
04-02-2011, 05:47 AM
When I am in male mode (bald) I wear low rise stretch jeans, girls tops, girls shoes, I get my eyebrows highlighted and they are in a thin arch, I have long arylic nails and wear hoop ear rings, I weaar light makeup and perfume. I usually wear a pink baseball hat, recently Imy wife took a picture of me and my dogs and I could not belive how effeminate I looked.. I really don't mind looking effeminate, I am 64 and many people know that I am CD , so what the heck

Do you think you might look a little effeminate in male mode with any feminine changes you have made or clothes you wear?

msniki48
04-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Joan, it sounds as though you might be retired..if so , lucky you! i would love to be able to be myself even when not totally in femme dress. It sounds like you may have the best of both worlds

I would say that i tend to dress around the house, but i can't bring myself to get the ears pierced or mix and match my girl and guy clothes...YET!

maybe someday

hugs

msniki48

KrystalA
04-02-2011, 07:21 AM
I much prefer feeling feminine to beng effeminate, and when I must be in guy mode, I strive NOT to be effeminate. That's just me, though. To each his/her own.

christinac
04-02-2011, 09:43 AM
While clowning around with one of my old hanger jumpsuits I found that you can easily spice it up to be quite feminine or cool it down to be quite drab with just a belt and a few small accessories. However out in public I keep it as plain and drab as possible.

Crissy Kay
04-02-2011, 09:49 AM
When in guy mode, and I am happy to be a guy, I do not wear anything fem.

Julie Denier
04-02-2011, 10:47 AM

Same here -- I'm quite comfortable as a guy, in all my fat, loud, cigar-chomping glory. But I still really enjoy my private time en femme.

sandra-leigh
04-02-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't think I quite know what "effeminate" is, but I don't feel the term applies to me. My hair is below the shoulders and I have dangly earrings and I'm always wearing women's clothes (sometimes obviously, sometimes not) and carry a purse around with (some people recognize it as such, most don't). However, I do not, for example, fit the webster second definition of "marked by an unbecoming delicacy or overrefinement". Perhaps other people might think otherwise.

KateSpade83
04-02-2011, 11:54 AM
In guy mode I am not a bit effeminate. Only when I crossdress but I don't act like a sissy.

docrobbysherry
04-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I much prefer feeling feminine to beng effeminate, and when I must be in guy mode, I strive NOT to be effeminate. That's just me, though. To each his/her own.

Yeah, SORT of like Krystal!

Unfortunately, I rarely feel, and am really NOT effeminate. No matter how I'm dressed. But when dressed, I LOOK like a female! I would WISH for much more! But, when u get lemons----------

gungho
04-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't find myself to be effeminate at all. It's just never really been a part of my personality or who I am.

Kathryn Philips
04-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Effeminate is a term I associate with certain types of (usually) gay males; the way they talk, gesticulate, move their hands and walk. I am not gay and as far as I can tell I am not at all "effeminate". I have never heard or over-heard anybody say that about me or hint at that. When I dress I strive to be as feminine possible within the constraints I have (eg no body shaving). I desire to look, move and talk like a woman, feminine but not effeminate.

In my mormal day to day, I think and have feelings like a woman. These are inner and never expressed externally.

BillieJoEllen
04-02-2011, 12:41 PM
In male mode I always try to act as macho as possible. (emphasis on ACT). Too many friends and relatives that simply would not understand 'Billie".

Michelle James
04-02-2011, 01:00 PM
When I'm in male mode I am a slob with aggressive tendencies and anger issues. So no not effeminate at all. That's why I rarely go drab unless there is no way to avoid it.

Rachel Morley
04-02-2011, 01:10 PM
What one person considers effeminate, another may not, so to say if I am effeminate or not I guess is subjective .. but ... I would imagine most regular guys would consider me fairly effeminate. My look in boy mode is quite girly. I wear girls either boot cut or skinny fit jeans, a fairly obvious girls t-shirt due to the short capped sleeves and slightly scooped neckline (usually in a fairly bright color) if I wear anything on top, lately I've been wearing a girls hoodie .. again it's fairly obvious that it's a girls one due to the color (I have a peach one and a baby blue one) plus the material is thinner and softer. Add to this I wear mid blue and white Keds (http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/3/b/AAAAC7SlhRoAAAAAAAO77w.jpg?v=1226293783000) and a khaki baseball cap and gold stud earrings. I sometimes wear eyeliner and/or mascara.

My mannerisms are a little but girly as I tend to "talk with my hands" and I sit and stand in a fairly girly way, you know legs crossed or stand with my hands and arms tucked in close to by body etc. I'm a fairly quiet person too ... as add all this together and I suppose that could be seen a effeminate but I'm ok with. I like being girly ... even in boy mode :)

Kate Simmons
04-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Not really. I'm not even effeminate when I'm en femme, I'm just me, take it or leave it.:)

Debutante
04-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Lucky you to be so effeminate! Though I like being feminine, and womanly, being effeminate
can be a goal too...

Cynthia Anne
04-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I believe you just describe me! 'Cept I always have my purse with me!

Phoebe P.
04-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Not at all. It's not who I am. I'm more the guy in a dress type. Strictly in house.

suchacutie
04-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I strive to keep my gendered selves as separate as possible. We really have different personalities and mixing them together really doesn't work.

There are some crossovers that just can't be gotten around. One is the my wife (Tina's girlfriend!) just can't stand the cut of guy's jeans on my body. So, I mostly wear low rise jeans if I'm wearing jeans. Also, my eyebrows are in a bit of an arch and are a compromise so that they work in either gender.

I should note one other thing. Before Tina arrived 5 years ago, I was who I was. Now that I know the differences between genders in physical appearance, body deportment, and language changes, I'm more aware of which gender I'm in, so if anything I'm more "male" in male mode than I was before!

Phoebe P.
04-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Must admit though, I have always been more emotional than my wife!

sissystephanie
04-02-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't think I am more effeminate when dressed enfemme than when dressed in drab. When my late wife did my makeup and fixed my wig I certainly looked very feminine!! But even then I still don't think that I was much more effeminate! I have always been emotional, and like Phoebe was much more so than my late wife!! I guess the fact that I have never wanted to be a woman has some effect! I just like to dress like a woman, not become one!!

Barbara Dugan
04-02-2011, 10:01 PM
When I am at work I try to act masculine sometimes with not good results, most of the time I am semi effeminate but is the way I always been regardless of clothes

2SpeedTranny
04-03-2011, 04:25 AM
I don't think effeminate is what you wear -- it's how you carry yourself.

And I think I can safely say, I don't carry myself that way... no matter what I'm wearing. I'm a growly, beer-swilling, power-tool-wielding sonofa--, even in a ball gown.

joan47
04-03-2011, 06:18 AM
I think I used the wrong word...

VanessaVW
04-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Lucky you to be so effeminate! Though I like being feminine, and womanly, being effeminate
can be a goal too...

That raises an interesting point to me. For what it's worth, some gg's are certainly womanly, but not effeminate. I've witnessed as much effeminate behavior from guys as I've seen from woman. There may be varying degrees. With that said; no, I'm not effeminate even in female mode.

Brenn
04-04-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't really consider it effeminate. I mix male and female clothing all the time and I'm just being "me"

JohnH
04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
My wife considers me hopelessly effeminate. Even when I wear business casual in drab I often wear blush and lipstick. I don't have distinct modes of male and female.

Johanna

JohnH
04-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Some additional thoughts -

The only time I think of myself as masculine is when I sing with my basso profundo voice. Otherwise I think of myself as ether genderless or feminine.

Johanna

JaytoJillian
04-06-2011, 06:10 PM

Same here. All boy when dressed as such. Though I do like my 501s a little tight. LoL

kimdl93
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Depends. I suppose when I'm out dressed in heels, a woman's top and a touch of make up, that some people might consider me a tad effeminate. But that's just the outward trappings. I know that despite my stature, some of my mannerisms - not practiced behavior, just things innate to me, are rather feminine. I still throw a ball like a girl, I've had comments on how I walk, sit, etc. I can't freaking help it!

Openminded83
04-06-2011, 06:21 PM
I am pretty girlie but I haven't gone out in public yet in female clothes just make-up. But I want to eventually go the whole distance. It is just a matter of time and money.

Byron
04-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Outside of dressing I don't wear anything feminine, but do catch myself with a effeminate walk around the house sometimes.

KarenSusan
04-06-2011, 07:31 PM
I can't imagine anyone would see me as effeminate when I'm in male mode.
I'm probably not effeminate in girl mode.

katesometimes
04-16-2011, 09:36 PM
I have wanted to respond to this thread for a few days but wasn't sure how to best express my thoughts. I don't think I look effeminate or dress in any way effeminate, but I do think some aspects of my personality are more effeminate by social standards. This has caused some to pick on me through out my life, but I've learned to ignore those people and I now embrace those things about myself.

What am I referring to? Well, things like I prefer chick flicks to action movies. I love fashion and have always preferred the red carpet to the awards show etc. Probably lots of other things that I can't think of right now.

I know that this is a bit different from what the original post was about, but this is exactly what I thought when I read the title to this post.

Misti
04-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Do you think you might look a little effeminate in male mode with any feminine changes you have made or clothes you wear?

I am moving toward total femininity 24/7 with my SO's tacit approval. Meaning, she hasn't stopped me, amazingly, only helped me in the process. That said, I am spending less and less time in male mode every day away from the house now, but even then it is definitely not "Effeminate," by a long shot.

It's become quite obvious to anyone who sees me now, i.e., permanant acrylic nails, pink painted toenails, and my (new) small protrusions in the chest area, etc., that I am just feminine; just the way I'm developing it to be. Gaining an awful lot of confidence being out with my SO, more and more, I do so want to show off by wiggling the gluts, tho, so maybe I'm moving in that direction, who knows?

BTW, most of the women we met on "our" extended day out today smiled broadly at me, and one lady at Walmart, as we departed the store - with my 2 new women's short-shorts in hand that I had just bought for the onset of summer - even stopped us and gushed all over us as such a "Lovely Couple." Surprisingly, being 100% feminine, for almost 6 hours, sans makeup and wig, not one male even gave me a sideways glance today, that I was remotely aware of?

I told my SO today, yet again, that I never want to buy or wear male clothing ever again, but that can't possibly happen because of possibly jeopardizing my current and/or future "critical" business relations.

So, feminine, yes; effeminate, not only no, but "hell no!" :brolleyes: