PDA

View Full Version : My Recent Epiphanys

Duana
04-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Until last week, I never owned a dress or a pair of tight low-rise jeans. I'd never walked in sexy red 5" pumps. I'd never been dressed in public, never mind a bar. And in this week, I've had some incredible "aha!" moments.

Here they are:

I finally get why women love shoes. Opening my first order, I was dying with excitement and couldn't wait to try them on. And I've already ordered a pair of 3" black satin mules for my upcoming trip to Cancun. Yesterday at the mall, I found myself window shopping every shoe store we passed. :)

I finally get why women take so long to get ready. Looking sexy and beautiful is a lot of work.

I get why women preen in the mirror a lot. I not only enjoy looking at myself but I want to make sure my makeup and hair still look nice. In the bar, we even went to the ladies room together. I didn't need to pee, just wanted to check myself out.

Walking in 5" heels without looking like an uncoordinated fool on a tightrope, is not easy... And it hurts my feet like hell. But with help from my GF on technique and a lot of late night walks around my apartment complex in them, I'm getting pretty good at it and my feet are getting used to it. Going down stairs is scary. Unlevel ground sucks.

I discovered how it feels to be "hit on" LOL! Honestly, I didn't like it and neither did my girlfriend but it gave me some insight into what its like to be a girl in a bar. And it made me realize a lot of the jealousy I've had as a man when my GF goes out, was completely unwarranted. Now I need to learn how to tactfully but clearly handle those situations.

I think this is making me a better, more understanding man. That's about all for now but I'm sure there will be many more.

PS: I'm sure this is all old news to most of you but just wanted to share.

josee
04-02-2011, 03:24 PM
That's exciting! I'm so happy for you. Like a beautiful butterfly emerging from it's cocoon. Enjoy the ride.

kristinacd55
04-02-2011, 03:25 PM
I love that word.....epiphany :daydreaming:

And every once in awhile I'll get one too! Usually running and without my blonde on lol

Lainie
04-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Duana, you expressed our shared experience well--congratulations!

Sometimes on this forum, people say, "I feel feminine" or "How could a GM really know how a GG feels?" or variations on that question of how gender is all in the mind, which is based in the brain, and each of us must live our lives in our own head, not anyone else's.

But you rightly point out that we share experiences! Isn't it sensible to expect that people who enjoy the same experience have some of the same feelings, for the same reasons? We're all human, after all, and we have a lot more in common than we have differences. It's just that we pay a lot more attention to the differences, and sometimes forget about the similarities.

LeannL
04-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Every journey is different and therefore interesting. Congratulations.

Leann

Duana
04-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Duana, you expressed our shared experience well--congratulations!

Thank you, Lainie.

Sometimes on this forum, people say, "I feel feminine" or "How could a GM really know how a GG feels?" or variations on that question of how gender is all in the mind, which is based in the brain, and each of us must live our lives in our own head, not anyone else's.

But you rightly point out that we share experiences! Isn't it sensible to expect that people who enjoy the same experience have some of the same feelings, for the same reasons?

Yes, exactly. I guess its really as simple as the old saying, "Walk a mile in their shoes." I just never knew it was meant literally LOL

Persephone
04-02-2011, 04:12 PM
A wonderful list of epiphanies, Duana! Great post. May your journey continue to enlighten you.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Cynthia Anne
04-02-2011, 08:44 PM
An old commercial says!:You come a long way baby! Which replies to you! WOW! And only in a week! I'm happy for you! Hugs!

Fab Karen
04-02-2011, 08:50 PM
There was an episode of Sex & the City where Carrie looks in a shoe-store window display at shoes & says,"hello, lover."

Stairs: point your toes at the railing ( walking sideways ) & obviously hold the railing. btw in flat shoes you can do stairs much faster that way.

BLUE ORCHID
04-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi Duana, Nobody ever said that being a lady was going to be easy just fun.
Orchid

Tasha McIntyre
04-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Hi Duana,

Good post, that's for sharing. You've had a big week haven't you :).
I look forward to reading about your continuing journey of self discovery. What a huge bonus having your gf share this with you.

Tash :)

Maria in heels
04-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Well Duana, welcome and you have started to understand from the other side, and it is wonderful that your girlfriend is being so helpful. Please be careful on your upcoming trip, as running into a drunk tourist can be a problem for you. As someone else wrote, the general people are probably very kind and won't bother you, its that "jerk" with the 5 beers in him that you have to worry about.

On a lighter note..welcome to my world of high heels ! They are delicious aren't they...its the final piece of clothing that I think brings everything together !