PDA

View Full Version : Best times ever???

Briana90802
04-02-2011, 11:30 PM
For those of us who are closet CDers, we need encouragement to help push us out the door into the world. So I pose this question to all of you that go out and enjoy life in public, what are some of the best experiences Or happy experiences that you've had while crossdressed? Tell us what makes you keep going out?
Give us your best stories about crossdressing.

I keep reading threads about getting caught, or people having problems and I thought we should have a thread that is positive.

Can't wait to hear your stories.

TIA

Tasha McIntyre
04-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Hi Briana,

A couple of great experiences I have had are simple ones like meeting a bunch of other CDers at a coffee shop here in Brisbane, and also getting out many times to a busy shopping mall and just wandering around like any other shopper. The one type experience which tops all others is being totally accepted whilst shopping en femme. Many sales assistants have literally fallen over each other bringing all kinds of dresses, skirts and tops for me to try on so they gave give a critique. A wonderful feeling.

On the home front my wife understands and accepts my need to CD. Having the freedom to dress as I please when we are at home alone is a huge positive and cannot be understated.

What makes me keep going out? I suppose the fact that I have never had a bad experience and get met with many smiles along the way. The thrill of Tashy being out and about is overwheming and extremely satisfying. I feel on a high for days afterwards.

I also look forward to reading other responses.

Tash :)

Persephone
04-03-2011, 04:01 AM
Hi Briana!

A great idea! You are so right, sometimes we seem to focus on the scary moments rather than the wonderful ones.

I've posted an item on one of my recent wonderful moments in a thread entitled The Women's Seder (click here) (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?151348-The-Women-s-Seder). It is almost impossible for me to express the joy that I felt that evening.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Noortje
04-03-2011, 04:50 AM
I haven't been out much, and I only go for a quick stroll around the block when it's dark and the streets are deserted. I remember (because it was only a couple of weeks ago) when I went out for the first time "for real", fully dressed and with my new wig. It was raining, and the umbrella is your best friend when you want to avoid curious looks! I think I still drew some attention to me from a lot of bypassers (I live in a fairly busy part of town), but for the first time I did not really care. It wasn't so much about people thinking I was a woman and accepting me as such, it was about me being myself out in public for the first time, looking the way I think is beautiful. So what if I have a blue shadow on my chin! I've seen women with multiple chins and a mustache that would take me a week to grow, and they are not gawked at!

I am so curious about other people's stories!

lauraabdl
04-03-2011, 06:32 AM
I have had numerous outing dressed and all of them have been positive, one in particular, I was shopping at a local Goodwill and a lady approached me and said are you looking for a new dress for yourself? I said yes, she said that there was a better looking dress just over there and pointed, and sure enough there was. I tried it on and it fit wonderfully, later the same lady came up to me and said she was glad I pick that dress, she thought it would look nice on me, I thanked her and we visited for nearly half an hour while shopping it was as you say a girl moment to enjoy. (Mind you I was in a skirt and blouse and low heels, but no forms or makeup and yes I had shaved off my mustashe.)

stellatoo
04-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Well I've not been out for a long time (over a year!!) but I've had plenty of good times in the past whilst out! Dancing, dining, walks in Scarborough (an English seaside town!). I was once accepted into a group of people who were out for a drink and invited back (with another TV) to a hotel where we danced to old country music & I was taught a (very funny I thought) dance routine to "crystal chandeliers". I cant hear that song now without a smile!
My ex was quite accepting of my dressing and we would sometimes go out at night, and even a couple of times during the day:D which was great. Even when we were in a quiet country pub and one of her friends (who I also knew) walked in! Nerve wracking but what a thrill.
There were also some very nice intimate times but they're not for the public:devil:

Even though I'm a bit of a stay at home now I know there'll be plenty of good times in the future as well!!

Cynthia Anne
04-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Too many to count! To narrow it down my most recent was also at a Good Will store! I was dressed in drab except for light lipstick, eye shadow, ear rings and I had my purse with me! I was looking for a light jacket to wear out in the yard this spring! Upon finding one a SA came by and spoke to me than she went to the ladies clothes and found a very cute ladies jacket and brought it to me! She help me try it on and it fit very nice! I started looking for some old jeans but couldn't find any that would fit! She led me to the ladies jeans and found me two pair of very nice jeans that fit me! She was so helpful! Needless to say I'm going back but will be 'dressed'!

HannahF6
04-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I can't identify one single "best time" but the many best times I have in mind all have one common thread, somethign small happening, such as holding a door open for me that clearly signalled that I was seen as just another woman.

Hannah

Barbra_5
04-03-2011, 08:29 AM
I wish I could come out unfortunately at my age and status it would be impossible , but I envy thoes of us whoe do!!

Rogina B
04-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I have never had a bad time..ever.I love to be challenged by situations and see how I do..Like being on a shuttle bus at the Miami Airport and having to sit directly across from three drunken good old boys that were on their way home from the oilfield...Most boys don't see much.."it's got boobs and long hair,MUST be a woman"..LOL I am headed out the door shortly to go grocery shopping..sometimes the simplest things are the quickest fun.

Chastitycd
04-03-2011, 08:42 AM
I have only recently been going out as Chastity, but ive been out quite alot in a little time. Now im 6'5" barefooted and add at least 4" heels and youve got an almost 7' tall woman. Before I ever went out all I could picture was me stepping out my front door and being met with a pitchfork and torch weilding mob. I finally went out and omg there was no mob. The very first place I went in public as Chastity was a local wig shop and in the middle of the day (figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone, be out in public and out in daytime). I had called a few days ahead of time and explained my situation to the SA there and she sounded delighted to have me come in, so when we got there my wife had to kinda drag me out of the truck, but once I was in the SA just took over and treated me like I belonged there just like anyone else. For her she was probably just doing her job and wanted the sale, but to me it meant the world. That memory and all the doors that people hold open for you and the maam's you get from waiters are what keep me going. I have also started to learn that the more I go out as Chastity, she is building her on personality so to speak. I dont know if "personality" is the right word, but its like shes having her own life for once. Going out is addictive however! Go, enjoy yourself!!

Chastity

Kiera79
04-03-2011, 10:57 AM
For me it is just me and how I live from day to day. I try to do what makes me feel good inside. When I go out and about it is just normal. I get looks of course but I don't care, I'm not doing what I do for everyone else I do it for me.

LeannL
04-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Briana,
It is hard to pick out one best time because "best" is all about context. In general, the best times are when I can go do something as Leann and be accepted as who I am. You can look at the threads I have started, in large part to encourage those who want to go out but need a little push, to see the different situations I have found myself in. Here are a few of my "best times":

1) Traveling by airplane en femme and chatting it up with the passengers, both male and female, along with the attendants
2) Going to a museum (most recently MOMA in NYC) or to a concert.
3) Going to church (Catholic).
4) Going to the mall and just talking to people. This has happened quite a bit as people seem to think I am approachable for asking directions.
5) And last but not least, time I spend with my sisters at various groups such as TCNE, the Sisters groups in New England, and Tri-Ess when there was one nearby.

The bottom line for me anyway is that it is a good time whenever I go out and about and there are a number of best times.

Leann

docrobbysherry
04-03-2011, 11:50 AM
I HAVE been out at Disneyland at Halloween and with other girls at 2 SCCs!:)

I can't pass, can't go out near where I live, and have no desire to go out by myself appearing as an obvious, "man in a dress". :sad:

So, WHY go out at all, u ask? Because it's FUN to be with other girls! And, there R venues where men in dresses R accepted!:D

I can't describe the surprisingly positive reactions I got from MOST folks at Disneyland! I think being by myself there HELPED! And, it turned out to be such a pleasant experience!:thumbsup:

Jilmac
04-03-2011, 12:20 PM
In Milwaukee we have an annual music festival that lasts 11 days, called Summerfest and billed as the worlds biggest music festival. The 11 day gig takes place on the shore of Lake Michigan and draws music fans from all over the world. The wrap up to the festival is a huge fireworks display on July 3rd and spectators stake out their favorite viewing spot early. A couple years ago, my friend Gale (Rexy on this forum) and I decided to attend the fireworks en femme. We got down to the lakefront around 10:00 am and set up a canopy in the park about a mile from the actual launch site. Knowing we would be there all day, we also brought our bikes to ride, and refreshmants and snacks to last through the day.

People who were also spending the day waiting would come over to our area and talk to us about our lifestyle. Most were friendly and asked questions about the transgender lifestyle and how we happened into it. Very few made any sort of despaireging comments as we told them how much we enjoyed presenting en femme. On one bike ride Gale was run into and knocked over by a guy chasing a frisbee. He was very apolagetic calling her maam, helping her up, making sure she was ok and there was no damage to the bike.

Finally, when it was dark enough, we moved our chairs to the sea wall along with others who were already there. We shared drinks and snacks, and oohs and aahs as the fireworks got under way. The display lasted over an hour and lit up the sky over the entire park. We not only enjoyed the fireworks but also the interaction with all the great people we met that day. We have been to other events where there were crowds of people and were always treated like ladies but that fireworks display at the end of Summerfest was the most enjoyable for me.

Briana90802
04-09-2011, 09:46 AM
The first time I went out for Halloween en femme I went to yankie doodles on third street promenade. I was so nervous but thankfully my SO was with me. When we went to the male host and he looked right at me and said, "a table for two, ladies?" It was the greatest feeling ever. The thing that gave me away was my voice. But all through dinner no one seemed to notice or care.

What a great day.

denisecdfl
04-09-2011, 01:52 PM
I had the most fun ever last Halloween night in Vegas, when I went out on Fremont Street wearing an outrageous pink butterfly
costume that I could hardly believe I had the nerve to wear. Watching the reaction of those who saw me and took my picture was priceless.

VickysBFF
04-09-2011, 02:50 PM
There are many but probably the top two would be two extended weekends away; one long weekend in Las Vegas spent entirely en femme including going to two shows and another long weekend in San Francisco entirely en femme that included visiting a famed CD/TG/TS bar and a 49ers game.

Amanda22
04-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Great thread and one that is much needed! A positive thread! Like Tasha, I've never had a bad experience in the 4 months I've been going out fully dressed. I and my wife go out to dinners, movies, and shopping. Doing the day-to-day activities is somehow far more exciting and rewarding than going to a TG-related function. I get such a thrill to be referred to as "Ma'am" or "ladies" when I'm with my wife. I always strive to dress appropriately and mingle with the general public. The more people I can be around, the more affirming it becomes.

KINGFISHER
04-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Just posted mine on a new thread, First time out, which will always be special to me because it was such a success and so exciteing there will be no stopping me now. If you haven't been out go do it. Its so fantastic. Daniel

I wish I could come out unfortunately at my age and status it would be impossible , but I envy thoes of us whoe do!!

Barbara, I am 75 and just gone out for the first time. As Time is very pressious I intend to make the most of it. Don't ever put things off you want to do. You may never get another chance. Daniel

Briana90802
04-14-2011, 11:50 PM
It really surprises me that people aren't posting in this thread more. I hoped that this would help us less fortunate closetted CDers get out of our closets. Doesn't anyone else have great stories that they can share?

t-girlxsophie
04-15-2011, 12:10 AM
The highlights of my CD life include Being a Blushing bride,and catwalk model in a Charity Transgender Fashion show a few years ago,Winning my local support groups Beauty Contest(no,really lol)and miss lovely legs the next year :)
And most recently when my wife and I spent our anniversary in a hotel,we went shopping and went to mainstream places for the first time even eating in a packed Pizza Hut,and we recieved no negativity at all,was even better because she was by my side:daydreaming: I have other great memories,but dont wanna bore you

Sophie

Sallee
04-15-2011, 12:49 AM
It is just a buzz Hard to explain just feels good a day of wandering around the mall maybe catching a movie. Maybe getting read maybe not. You get people wondering and you leave'em guessing.

dilane
04-15-2011, 01:01 AM
One of my highlights was the full week I was on jury duty, and was selected to be the foreman. See jury duty (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?132362-Jury-duty-en-femme-the-sequel&highlight=).

If you look up the threads I've started on my profile page, I've written up many interesting adventures.

-- Diane

deebra
04-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Briana, here's what you need to do; put on your panties and bra with small forms, tennis shoes, girl jeans and top and a jacket ( to hide the boobs) and go for a walk in the mall. You'll pass, won't get noticed or outed, the anxiety will start to go away and happiness and continment will take over. Your confidence will come and you'll want to do it again, maybe adding a little bit more. It's time for your to take this step, I hope you do it.

Megan70
04-15-2011, 07:30 AM
The thing that i do about a dozen times a year that i wait all summer for is from fall to late spring go to about a dozen philharmonic concerts in my city with a best friend of 40 years ( male) who is gay and poses as my ' husband' or date. We've been doing this for about 12 years now all with my wife of 40 years blessing. Its an opportunity to dress to the nines with clothes, makeup and wig for a fancy saturday nite out to a our concert hall that is like Carnegie. While there my " biggest thrill" I wait anxiously all week for is to before the concert and at intermission go to the ladies lounge which is big enough to accomdate about 20 stalls and 6 sinks and 4 makeup stations, which I always use after washing hands to touch up my lipstick, foundation and wig, Being elbow to elbow with them,Standing in line and going to the sinks and dryers together and not being read and become ONE of them is exhilarating!
After the concert my "husband "friend go to a cool coffee shop next door which is backed with Eastman School Of Music students hanging out with their laptops,for a latte. Rarely ever get noticed there but did last week because my surigal tape came loose from my cheeks on both sides and the maly jowels showed. need to use more glue
But THAT is the BEST time that repeats itself constantly.

Briana90802
04-16-2011, 08:50 AM
One of my highlights was the full week I was on jury duty, and was selected to be the foreman. See jury duty (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?132362-Jury-duty-en-femme-the-sequel&highlight=).

If you look up the threads I've started on my profile page, I've written up many interesting adventures.

-- Diane

Funny that you should mention that. I just got called up for Federal Jury Duty this coming May and I was trying to decide if I should go en femme. I figured they might dismiss me because I'd be to much of a distraction. But then again it is in downtown LA and I might get mugged or the police might think I'm a prostitute. I think they might hang out in west Hollywood.

Either way you jury duty story was great. Thanks for sharing.