PDA

View Full Version : The whole truth, nothng but the truth

Billijo49504
04-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Taking care of my dad's estate, I had to go to the lawyer last week. She kept staring at me, and I couldn't figure out what it was. Apparently I had one too many buttons open on my shirt, and she saw my bra. Finally she asked if I was wearing one, and I said yes. When she asked why, I told her, because I can fill it. And that I was on hormone patches. For the next half hour, I answered questions about being a CD and being transitioning. She was really cool about it. She said if she found one of her sons trying on her clothes, she said she would offer to buy him his own. She also asked if next time, I would come in in gurl mode....BJ

Maria in heels
04-03-2011, 02:22 PM
well Billijo...I'm sure that you felt a bit relieved that she was understanding...but it was kind of forward of her, but I'm glad that she did the right thing, and to ask you to come in gurl mode..thats fabulous !

JenniferR771
04-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Way to go Billijo! I think you educated someone--and perhaps an influential person at that. Someone who can answer questions in a reasonable and pllite way is exactly what our community needs.

Rogina B
04-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Sounds like an understanding lawyer..and a new friend.

James Kaon
04-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I think I like how forward she was. I would have expected a silent hesitancy... I think its good because she was forward yet apparently cool with it. I love that she immediately looked to her own situation (her sons) and was so accepting of what they may want... Maybe she was making sure you felt safe but hey, we can only judge people by what they say!

J

Cynthia Anne
04-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Love it! I have a feeling she has a son that she either knows or suspects something about!

ReineD
04-04-2011, 01:24 AM
For the next half hour, I answered questions about being a CD and being transitioning

You mean being a TS and transitioning, right?

I'm glad that she was so open! Sounds like you made a new friend. :)