PDA

View Full Version : Two Moments - One Happy, One Sad

windycissy
04-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Two moments from my day as a woman in Walnut Creek, a whitebread US suburb:

The happy moment came as I was on my way to lunch, we passed two women and I heard one say to the other, "I love her dress!"

The sad moment came later at a wigstore where I went to buy some shampoo, a woman was being fitted for her post-chemo wig. The staff was so kind and caring, and it occured to me that little wigstore probably is able to stay in business because of girls like us, so it can be there for women who really need them

Maria in heels
04-03-2011, 02:33 PM
You have stopped me and I'm really thinking of what you just wrote...

It is a happy moment to hear someone compliment you on your outfit...
It still is a happy moment to see that little wig store stay in business to help someone in need...

Its all happy in my eyes...

AllieSF
04-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Wonderful thoughts and observations Cissy. I like to think that as part of society we all do our little parts to make it all work. Thanks for posting.

Jessica_Dillon
04-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Nice to be complimented on your outfit. Glad to hear it. Also, astute observation in the wig store. Perhaps society needs us more than they realize.

BLUE ORCHID
04-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks Cissy, That was a great story.

Orchid

Cynthia Anne
04-04-2011, 12:09 AM
I agree with you! Now excuse me while I have a happy moment thinking about you for your caring and your attitude! HUGS!!!!!

Persephone
04-04-2011, 02:32 AM
You deserve an extra hug for being who you are! :hugs:

Persephone.

Megan70
04-04-2011, 07:09 AM
You're a cool broad in my book. Great observation. I have 2 little wig stores I know and i never thought of them that way. You're right.

Claire Cook
04-04-2011, 07:47 AM
What a touching story. I guess the second is bittersweet, with the emphasis on the sweet. The staff at the wigstore sound like wonderful people, we should support places like that.