PDA

View Full Version : It's not Halloween and I am dressing for work!

Carroll
04-03-2011, 03:20 PM
My supervisor and I worked an overnight last night and another one tonight. Last night the subject of cross-dressing at work came up. She tells me that if I want to dress tonight, I can. She also said that If I really wanted to, I could dress anytime I wanted to because of the companies anti-discrimination polices. I asked her what happens if somebody is offended and would that be creating a "hostile work place" for that person? She told me no because I was protected by the policy and she would fight "tooth and nail" for my rights. Pretty much the entire store knows I am a cross-dresser and no one has ever said anything derogatory about it. So tonight I am going to dress for work. The only thing she told me was that no matter what I wear, I still have to climb ladders if I need to. I just told her that if I do, no peeking! Mind you it's just the two of us, but it should be fun! I will take some picture and post them sometime tomorrow.

RADER
04-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Just ware slacks, That way you will blend in on any ladder.
BTW Karen will not mind. LOL
Rader

Carroll
04-03-2011, 03:58 PM
I have no slacks at all. I am more of a dress wearer. My wife's wont fit me because she has lost so much weight, her clothes are too small for me. (incentive to loss some pounds!)

Rianna Humble
04-03-2011, 04:25 PM
That's great news Carroll! So is this the start of you working dressed all the time? Sems you have a great anti-discrimination policy if it covers CD as well as TS.

As for the ladders, just wear opaque tights (say 60 - 100 denier) and you should be OK.

lexinicole
04-03-2011, 04:33 PM
That's great Carroll! Enjoy!

siantv2003
04-04-2011, 06:36 AM
She sounds fantastic - do let us know how it went and what you wore.

boardpuppy
04-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Morning Carrol,
I just started my day and saw your entry. What an exciting place to work and it sounds as if you are going to have many, many more to come.

Alice

Claire Cook
04-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Wow, that really makes a night shift worth while! Why can't more places be that enlightened?

Pythos
04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Very good to read. Your boss, if she is sincear she is a very good example of a boss.

Carroll
04-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I got to the store early and walked around. Only one person saw me and knew me so we chatted for a minute until I saw my boss. She looked right at me and was asking around for me. Didnt realize it was my until I did a "manly" throat clearing. We went to the office and started to make a game plan for the night. I wore a multi-colored broomstick skirt with a brown top and a pair of my wife's white sandals. (I've posted a picture of the outfit here before) The sandals lasted about 3 hours until they started to hurt, so I changed to my brown house slippers. (they look like clogs). We were there from 630p to 700am and got over two days of work done. This is the longest I have ever been dressed in a single waking period. When the opening manager got there at 7 am he looked at me and I simply simply said "We had a girls night out". He looks at me and says "it looks like it"). Hopefully I get to do this again and I wont forget my camera this time!

Kathi Lake
04-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Carroll, are you ready for this? Managers and HR people being on your side is one thing, but are you really ready for where this could lead? Are you ready for having a target placed squarely on your well-dressed back? Are you ready for the innumerable questions? Are you ready for wanting more, now that you have tasted this?

Just some things to think about.

Kathi

Carroll
04-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Kathi, This is not something I would do during normal working hours. There are way to many people that pass through the store that know me and my parents. As far as being a target, let them shoot away.