PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Aching Back!!!

Jeannie
04-04-2011, 11:16 PM
I just found out that high heels and back pain do not work. I have somehow hurt my back (all the yard work and transplanting has nothing to do with it). I tried on a new pair of heels last night and I thought I was about to roll over and die. OMG the pain was horrible, so FYI flats, flats and did I say wear flats well if you want to live grasshopper wear flats. Has anyone else had this problem?

XXXOOO Jeannie.

Diane Smith
04-05-2011, 01:27 AM
I had kind of the opposite experience a few years ago. In the fall of 2002, I slipped in my basement and broke a bone in my left foot. While it was healing, I found that wearing shoes with about a 3" heel made it hurt much less. I've been in heels almost all the time since.

When I'm having back pain (not too frequently, fortunately), it's about 50/50 -- sometimes heels hurt, sometimes they help.

- Diane

Cynthia Anne
04-05-2011, 07:10 AM
My problem has always been when I'm not in heels, my back bothers me! To relieve the pain I must wear heels!

christinac
04-05-2011, 07:14 AM
It depends on the person and they type of back injury.

Dana921
04-05-2011, 07:25 AM
For me, heels help with my posture by having me stand more straight even arching my back more to the rear as I hold my head up more straight as well. This seems to relieve the pressure on the back! It also helps with shifting the weight backward to counteract the breast weight. But I agree with Chrisinac that this may not always work for everyone.

Dana

Jennifer in CO
04-05-2011, 08:06 AM
I have a mobile disk...it likes to slip in and out at inopportune moments...any heel over 2" and I'm asking for trouble!

Jenn

Barbara Joanne74
04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
My legs get sore after wearing heels all day, but my back is sore after wearing a bra and the girls all day. I guess that is the price of vanity :-)

Barb

JenniferForFun
04-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Hmm this is interesting. I have had scoliosis since 12yo. Back pain is part of my life. I really have not had heals on for more then a couple hours and I need to get them off. I'm still getting used to them anyways. But I never realized any difference with my back. I'm going to pay attention to it now and see but from what I know now it's not effecting me. Just happiness having some sexy shoes on ;).
It's true that everyone has a different situation and with that effects will be personally different.
Don't hurt yourself just stick to flats and be COMFY!!

Suzette Muguet de Mai
04-06-2011, 12:05 AM
I used to get a bit of pain but that was due to me being overweight with a soft core and bad posture. I have been doing a lot of exercises to strengthen the core and to lose weight. Now I seldom get any pain when wearing heels or not. I think that being in 5" heels with a poor core and belly helped pull me forward, now with less weight and better posture I am comfortable standing in 5" heels, just getting the walk to be constantly elegant is the new task.

Helen 2
04-06-2011, 12:10 AM
I've had a couple of back surgeries for ruptured disks and live in some kind of pain 21x7. I am in reasonable shape as I run and am not overweight (31" waist on the wrong side of 55) but still, the back hurts all the time -except when I'm in heels. Maybe it's the posture or the way heels shit the alignment of tha back, but a day in heels is a day and night of no pain at all.

Kate Simmons
04-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Well, heels do tend to push your fanny up into your lower back but hey we're tough guys right? Not to mention a chiropractor's dream come true.:heehee:

kimdl93
04-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Like you, I spent another weekend working in the yard and ended up with a stiff lower back. I had not noticed a problem with heels, but putting on stockings was more difficult than usual!

Jeannie
04-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the replies. It's interesting how some have the opposite problems than others, but that's what makes us who we are. My issue is temporary and will soon go away (I hope) and normally I can wear heels for hours with any issues except that I have worn heels for hours. I am not giving up wearing heels just yet but I do like wearing the sandals I have as a change and to give certain outfits a more casual look. I have more heels than flats so I guess that says something. Did I mention that the heels in question are 4" and I can't wait to wear them around for a few hours. Thanks again.

Jeannie