PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly so apparent...

Briana90802
04-06-2011, 08:30 AM
I use to think that I had very feminine features. Well let me rephrase that, I lacked masculine features. So when I started to crossdress I was really glad because here I am with this less than manly body and I'll be able to fit in no problem. But then it hits you. You put on the clothes and suddenly those masculine features seem to just have exclamation points on them. I'm not talking about tucking, or the gigantic Adams apple I have, I mean I look in the mirror and I see subtle things such as a cranial ridge, or the cheekbones or my figure which never seemed masculine while I'm naked but suddenly it is when I wear girl clothes. Am I being to self critical or is there a tendency to just see yourself in the mirror as yourself and not as feminine of masculine?

Does anyone get what I'm saying?

Noortje
04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Actually, quite the opposite. I perceive myself as very feminine when dressed, and was for a short time convinced I was 100% passable without much effort. Then I went outside, and was spotted by every single passer-by. This came as a real surprise to me. Maybe my strong feelings are impairing my judgment. Anyway, now I'm scared to go outside even though I still feel I look great. That's not a desired outcome either. Maybe you should focus on feeling feminine rather than matching some idealised feminine look?

adrienner99
04-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes. I have always been considered skinny. But when I wear a dress, suddenly my shoulders seem broad as an ax handle.

But women have features they worry about, too. I think they just try to hide their "weaknesses" and try to play up thier strengths. I have ok legs, so always try to show them off with skirts and high heels. Never pants or flats...CDs must learn to do the same, tho probably with bigger problems...

Gerrijerry
04-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Passing outside the home is more then makeup and clothing. It is also the way you move and act and how secure you feel as a woman. Sit at a mall and just watch, you will understand what I am saying. Woman come in many shapes and sizes as men do but they do appear relaxed in who they are as you would when in male mode.

Kate Simmons
04-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Yep but attitude(and sometimes phytogens) can clean up the details.:battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
04-06-2011, 09:06 AM
entirely. If I just put on a dress and look in the mirror, I see a guy in a dress. I think that part of the reaction is that we all have a mental image of how we'd like to appear, and then we're confronted with the reflection. That being said, a lot of "masculine" features look good on women too. To a surprisingly great extent, that transformation is a matter of presentation, especially in learning which make up and hair styles can accentuate your best features.

VeronikaHeels
04-06-2011, 09:32 AM
There's no way I could go in public and have anyone think I'm female. Right now, I'm in full undies, pads, leggings and a tunic top; minimal makeup and jewelry. I'm cleaning my home, but I feel GOOD to MYSELF. I'm very happy with that.

TGMarla
04-06-2011, 09:36 AM
There are days, and there are days. Some days I appear to myself as quite feminine in appearance, and other days when I'm just a guy in a dress. I don't much let it bother me. But I do enjoy those really feminine days. They "guy" days.....well, the yard needs attention.

Kiera79
04-06-2011, 09:39 AM
There's no way I could go in public and have anyone think I'm female. Right now, I'm in full undies, pads, leggings and a tunic top; minimal makeup and jewelry. I'm cleaning my home, but I feel GOOD to MYSELF. I'm very happy with that.
Well see, that's all that matters. You need to accept yourself and keep it moving. Yes comments and looks can hurt but you just gotta roll with it and know that they ARE coming.

Jorja
04-06-2011, 09:45 AM
For all of you worrying that you are not looking feminine enough, I urge you to take a walk where the women gather in your town. The mall, downtown at lunchtime, wherever. You will see a multitude of diffrent shapes, sizes, facial structures, shoulder widths, hand sizes, shoe sizes, and so on. Everyday I see women that I have to study a little to determine if they are CD/TG/TS or GG.

Here is the thing, if dressing makes you feel good, do it!

sissystephanie
04-06-2011, 10:39 AM
My late wife could make me passable, using her considerable talent with makeup and my wig! But without that there is no way that I look very feminine, no matter what I am wearing! But as Jorja said, just look at real women around you! They are not all perfect! Yesterday I saw 2 women, in different locations, that could have been CD's. I am very sure they weren't, but their bodies certainly could have been! None of us, male or female, is perfect. So as Jorja says, if dressing makes you feel good, do it!!

Kaitlyn Michele
04-06-2011, 10:57 AM
it's very difficult for you to know the answer..

the thing that makes it so difficult is that people view you from every concievable angle, and you have MANY features such as gait, shoulder width and breath, hands (a killer), adams apple etc that people perceive as male features...

so even if you are downright pretty and femme straight on...that pesky brow line is a huge giveaway...and the hands too..

all is not lost...you need to come at it from an internal perspective...ifyou want to go out and feel like a woman and be perceived as a woman...it surely helps to look the part, but if you allow yourself the freedom and courage to be the part..then you will be much more successful..

realizing that it doesnt matter and that you are doing it for yourself is incredibly empowering...

EllieOPKS
04-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Jorga - you are so right! I am very observant of women now. I watch their movements and mannerisms and its a broad spectrum of looks. But I will say (and I think this will be my tag line on my profile now) I never knew how masculine I was until I tried to look feminine!

PretzelGirl
04-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Women have some of this features that you call masculine. They just may not be in quite the same numbers. So it is okay to have these features (you aren't changing many without surgery). So as said, the trick is to downplay them. Depending on what the feature is, it can be any combination of make-up tricks, hair styles, and clothing choices.

Cynthia Anne
04-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I think maybe you are being a little too critical on yourself! As has been suggested just feel and act feminine and things will fall into place! Just go out and enjoy it and don't worry what others think!

danielle.cd
04-06-2011, 02:21 PM
i know how u feel, now i can say just dont worry about what others think, but isnt that part of the reason to even dress as a women. when i do i want others see me as a women , not a man in womens clothing , so many of us will say be happy with who u are well yes thats part of it but if that was the case no women would ever get a boobjob or were a corset or anything, there not happy with who they are half the time.
theres many products out there to help u balance out your figure. if you have wide shoulders try to get you hips to be close to the same width and smooth out the love handles and such with a tummy shaper or corset , stuff like that, if your tall were flats or sandles , 5 inch heels atract attention , even women no a hooker when they see one , thats not the attention u want wen your trying to pass. wear stuff that looks normal , mini skirts are not every day atire for most women . same with a formal dress. and walk like a women if your dressed. unless your a cowgirl most women use there hips .