PDA

View Full Version : Attending marathon

irenetancd
04-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi, has anyone tried running marathon or participating any runs en femme? Or perhaps participating as a spectator.

Brighton marathon is taking place this weekend, and there will be tens of thousands of people there. Hmmm...I am still undecided about this.

stellatoo
04-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi, not long after I left school and was doing a training course we were asked to do a run for charity! My sisters school uniform fitted me like a glove back then and I happily "ran" after turning it up to a mini length. Until someone pointed out my buttocks were on show to the people behind!! Happy days

Barbara B
04-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks for reminding me! I'm working all weekend and I expect to be busy. I'm not looking forward to the extra traffic to battle with on the way home after a 12hr shift

Fractured
04-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I've thought about it but never done it. 26 miles is hard enough as is without adding anything extra to the run.

Annie D
04-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Being an ex runner and marathoner, I have oftentimes thought about entering a race as Annie. I don't think it would be kosher to enter as a female but I think that if you want to run in a race/fun run, pre-register under your male name and then run enfemme. I don't think it would be fair to register as a female, run in the female age catagory and perhaps finish fast enough to win an award. Even if you don't show up to collect an award, it doesn't slide down to the next fastest runner. So the way I see it from a former runner perspective;

1. Pre-register as a male and then run as a female or,
2. Pre-register as a female but don't cross the finish line or,
3. Don't register and just run the race (we call these people "bandits") but don't cross the finish line.

Most runs/races raise money for charity, so please register so that the money will go to a good cause, plus you will have a t-shirt to remember your experience.

Running is how I met my wife and how we got to know one another. In a little over 10 years we ran over 24,000 miles together, ran 10 marathons; St. Louis (Olympiad and St. Louis), Chicago, Omaha, Dallas White Rock, Ft. Worth Cow Town and the biggie "Boston" in '83. Never world class but really pretty good none-the-less my wife won Olympiad and finished second in another. One year we ran 42 races of different distances. Great exercise, great way to meet people and lots of fun after the race.

I say go for it!

gabe
04-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I average around 50 miles a week, and I always run with a sports bra (not exactly en femme). I would never think of doing my long runs and marathons without a sports bra, nipple chafing is a problem for me, band-aids do not hold for me.

DebsUK
04-07-2011, 06:47 AM
I could see the fun element to a short charity run, but doing a full Marathon en femme seems like a step too far. Not from the POV that CDing is wrong, but from the perspective that a marathon is a big endurance activity and I'd think you needed to be wearing clothes that fit well to your body, and you wouldn't need the extra weight of a kilo or more of silicon in breast forms or the heat or discomfort of a wig for the duration. Running is great exercise for burning fat without bulking up I agree, though personally I prefer aerobics and dance classes in the gym which might be more easy to do en femme. I've never tried because I know too many people there and again I like to really go for it in classes so prefer clothes that are comfortable for my (albeit slight) male body. Saying that, I was at a fitness convention a couple of weeks ago (I did lots of girly aerobics including one called "It's A Girl Thing" which was fantastic and there two other guys there, but I was really getting into the whole femme diva thing :) ) and looking at tthe trade stands there was hardly anything for guys at all, let alone that you could class as androgynous or unisex (another possible thread topic, maybe?)

Besides, marathon running...*shudder* :rofl:

Cynthia Anne
04-07-2011, 08:00 AM
I use to love running en femme! If I could still run I'd be there in a heart beat! I think you would really enjoy it!

CamillaCD
04-11-2011, 12:56 PM
No marathon, but a 10 km walk along a coastal path together with 1800 women. Got compliments on the pink top and sweatpants.

joselyn318
04-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I run marathons and ultras very seriously. However, I do them en drab since I am there to compete. I have ran in more races than I can remember starting when I was in middle and carried on past college.

I did an 8 miler yesterday with a sports bra on. We had perfect weather in Ann Arbor yesterday.