PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fog???

Phoebe P.
04-06-2011, 10:20 PM
I got worked up last night and cut my nails back to guy length last night. They were really nice. Has anyone else done this? I regretted it in the morning. I know they'll grow back, but I miss the way they look and feel...

AllieSF
04-06-2011, 10:38 PM
I sometimes do that when I break one or more nails. So, I cut them back so they are the same length. Yes, I hate to cut them, but seeing them grow back in a weeks times is so rewarding.

jessica renee
04-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I did that once when I broke 4 nails in one day at work. :Angry3: But since I have the same schedule every week, I just trim them before I go to work, that way they have pretty much grown back by the time my days off come around.:)

girlalex
04-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Same here, I hate to cut my nails also especially when i have to get a hair cut.

Danni Renee
04-07-2011, 03:52 AM
I had to cut mine a few weeks ago because I broke three nails doing housework. It took me a month and a half to get them as long as I did last time and I hated having to cut them. I never kept my nails that long before February and now that I have had them long, I cannot stand the thought of cutting them.

Cynthia Anne
04-07-2011, 08:30 AM
I hate cutting my nails, but they grow so fast! Every couple of weeks I need to trim them or they are just too long!

StarrOfDelite
04-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I envy people who can grow their nails long. I have very soft fingernails which tear easily, all the way down to the quick if I don't clip and file to repair the damage immediately, so having long fingernails is only a dream for me. I use fakes when I go out at night, but in the long run, the damage caused by the on/off process with them only exacerbates the natural flaws in my nails.

Jilmac
04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
My nails seem to be exceptionally brittle especially in winter. Just about the time I get them to a nice length I'll break one or two. If the break isn't too bad I'll trim it and shape the rest with an emery board to try and match the broken one. If the break goes too deep, I'll cut them all down to my fingertips and start all over.

dawnmarrie1961
04-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I got worked up last night and cut my nails back to guy length last night. They were really nice. Has anyone else done this? I regretted it in the morning. I know they'll grow back, but I miss the way they look and feel...

Phoebe, Yeah. It's kind of like forgetting to shave your legs for a couple of weeks. Once the hair starts coming back in,the itching starts and you get all fuzzy wuzzy. You can't wait to slap on the nair and go back to the clean shaven look because they just don't feel right anymore with hair on them. It's like "Whose legs are these? I don't recognize them." Then after a shave."Ah! That's more like it!" We get used to the way things feel. Touch is one of our strongest senses.

Nice that we all feel a little "touched" sometimes. Even if it is only in a head filled with blue and pink fog.

minalost
04-07-2011, 12:35 PM
I try to keep my nails long, but they are a little brittle, so I have to constantly maintain them. Nail strengthening cream and making sure to file off any snags, burrs, or chips as soon as they happen are critical for me. Also, my left hand nails grow very fast so it's no big deal if I break a nail on that hand. I do get really bummed if I break one on my right hand though (yes, I'm right handed - I understand that it is not uncommon for you dom hand nails to grow slower...).

jessica renee
04-08-2011, 04:16 AM
For those with brittle or weak nails, Sally Hansen ( www.sallyhansen.com ) markets several products to strengthen and/or help nails grow faster. I haven't personally tried any of them, but have seen them at Target, Wal-Mart, and others.

Loni
04-08-2011, 02:29 PM
well i made a major mistake, i had a number of nails break in a week, so i tried the glue on's for a event...never again will i do glue on's. i have been trying to just get them to grow for three or four months now, they are just so thin and flak off at the tips, most of them are just now starting to be real again.
with luck by summer i can have my real nails back.
part of the slow grow is i file them to keep the edges smooth with no burs. but at least they are growing our in the correct thickness, not so thin were just a hard look and they crack.