PDA

View Full Version : Scared back to DRAB!!

Michelle James
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Ok, so this morning I got up, drank my coffee, took my pills, packed several packages to go out and then decided to get dressed for the day. pretty much my usual routine. For whatever reason I just wanted to wear a skirt today. Maybe it's a spring has sprung kinda thing. I have a few in my closet but rarely wear them. Suddenly i remembered this faded denim jumper with the cutest flower embroidery that i picked up at the Salvation Army store last fall and didn't get a chance to wear before the weather turned to crap. Sounded like a plan to me. I dug it out of the closet and started to get dressed. Navy tights, black bra and I put on the jumper. It all fit just fine except the arm holes like most jumpers allowed my bra to show from the sides. I had two choices as I saw it. 1. take it off. put on a long sleeve top and put it back on or 2. put something over it. Well since I had to wiggle into in the first place I opted for #2. I have a navy cardigan the kind that Mr. Rogers would wear if he was one of us. (I often suspected he might have been) I put on the cardigan and headed for the full length mirror. I walked into the bathroom where the mirror resides turned to take a look and staring back at me was any guard from any female prison movie I ever saw. Holy crap!! Holy GD crap!!! I look like that??? Needless to say I shucked and chucked both items in a heartbeat. Now I'm sitting here typing this in drab and rethinking my position on this whole 24/7 cross dressing thing. HOLY CRAP!!!! Just an unfortunate outfit choice or a sign from the trans gender gods. Did Tranzeus just fire a lightning bolt in my direction? I have wrapped the offending garments in double plastic bags and set them out for the trash so they will never be seen again, but I'm not sure I can go on.

Rianna Humble
04-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Don't let an unfortunate choice of clothes make you give up entirely.

Crissy Kay
04-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I would"nt worry about it Michelle. It may be time for you to take a break from cding anyway. This is coming from a part time weekend girl, so you can take it with a grain of salt!!!

AllieSF
04-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Michelle, maybe it was a sign, maybe it was just an eye opener that showed you what items did not go together. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mmaybe you need to refresh you choice of clothes and be more careful with what you combine. I have had a few of those "what was I thinking with this outfit" moments too. I think that is great that you are even trying the 24/7 approach to crossdressing (not TSing). I would think that you may have a few more "moment" as you try to develop a natural sense and ability to pick something out quickly from your closet and drawers to head out for your daily routine. It is only natural to make fashion mistakes in order to learn and improve by the trial and error method. Good luck and keep on dressing.

Kaz
04-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Live and learn! Figuring out what works is an art form. Male dress is very "easy" - the rules are staightforward. Different game when when it gets creative!

Cynthia Anne
04-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Girl! You wont last through the weekend in drab and you know it!ha! Don't torture yourself and get out there and enjoy yourself! You know you want to! Hugs!

Christine1954
04-07-2011, 06:01 PM
I do not venture out of the house when dressed, but have had a similar experience not too long ago. I was dressed for a saturday night in with my wife and had put on my underwear followed by a red silky blouse with a long black skirt and black heels. I thought this needed something extra and topped it of with a black sparkly corset, which I thought would look great, how wrong I was. My wife is kind enough to take photos of me en femme and when I saw the images later that night I was horrified at the result, I looked ridiculous. My wife has now given me some lessons in dress sense and as promised to tell me if I don't get things right. Unless you have the vast experience of a mentor or have been dressing for a long time, then I believe that we will all make mistakes sometimes. Hope you make the right decision for your future wellbeing, Christine. :)

Debglam
04-07-2011, 06:12 PM
I have a navy cardigan the kind that Mr. Rogers would wear if he was one of us. (I often suspected he might have been)

LOL! "Can you say "trans-vest-tite?" Sure, I thought you could." (You might want to explain Mr. Rogers to our UK sisters.)

I walked into the bathroom where the mirror resides turned to take a look and staring back at me was any guard from any female prison movie I ever saw. Holy crap!! Holy GD crap!!! I look like that??? Needless to say I shucked and chucked both items in a heartbeat. Now I'm sitting here typing thais in drab and rethinking my position on this whole 24/7 cross dressing thing. HOLY aCRAP!!!! Just an unfortunate outfit choice or a sign from the trans gender gods. Did Tranzeus just fire a lightning bolt in my direction? I have wrapped the offending garments in double plastic bags and set them out for the trash so they will never be seen again, but I'm not sure I can go on.

LOL again! "Alright ladies, what we have here is failure to communicate. . . anyone caught wearing white after Labor Day spends a night in the box."

Michelle, PLEASE(!) don't go!!! You have a way with a phrase that puts your posts in my top ten! It's one outfit for pete's sake! :)

:hugs:
Debby

JohnH
04-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Michelle,

If you quit your expanded wardrobe options and restrict yourself to the limited clothing men wear you are caving into the "Masculine Anxiety" syndrome. Please don't do it.

Johanna

Pythos
04-07-2011, 09:42 PM
to the OP. Get that bag out from the trash, unwrap it, and either keep the item, or donate it. DON'T WASTE IT!!! Yes there are times you will put on an outfit that just does not work, but don't think no outfits will fail like that. I have some outfits that the pics of have not been seen, and were most likely deleted. I know the feeling and it is rotten. But don't give up.

JenniferR771
04-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Don't give up! You can do this! Keep working on your swense of what style is right for you and the occasions.

MsJanessa
04-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Darling you just need to buy some new clothes

t-girlxsophie
04-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Thats were my wife usually steps into save the day.she will be quick to tell me if anything am wearing is a fashion faux-pas and I am always glad of her advice.

btw you gotta enlighten us in the rest of the world on who this mr rodgers character is lol

Pythos
04-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Sometimes Fashion "faux Paux" can lead to the next trend. There are just some fashion rules that are dumb, out dated, or limitning for no good reason. The whole, no white after labor day thing to me is a grand example. Yes there are some that are quite obvious, but there are a majority that are called faux paux, just because some wealthy or well to do person did not like it, therefore the pack mentality didn't like it.

Visible pantyline was once a faux paux. Now...not so much (have no idea why though, in many cases it is tacky as all get up).