PDA

View Full Version : Finally Discovered Root of Body Issues

SarahMarie42
04-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I've realized that most of my body issues have to do with striving to look like an entirely different person. Instead of attempting to alter my appearance to match that of a female version of myself (which is what I aimed to do initially), I'm attempting to look like an entirely different person; a person that I might find to be the standard of beauty. If I'm going to enjoy myself while I'm dressing, I should be happy with merely being MYSELF as a female, rather than thinking I should be an entirely different person.

Just thought I'd share, especially when I considered that many other CD's on this board may also have issues with body dysmorphic disorder.

Cynthia Anne
04-07-2011, 09:18 PM
My Pretty! I feel that, that is good news! I strongly believe the only way to be happy is to be yourself! Hoping the best for you! HUGS!

Pythos
04-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Heh...I know in my pics is only a female version of myself. I do not try to entirely change my appearance nor my behavior. I am just me. The closest thing I have to any shaping things are my bra, and corset, and when going all the way, tucking. The rest is my build.

Working with one has is I think the most true route.

Reggie Campion
04-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Going to try this again. SarahMarie those are the exact goals i have set for my self. To look like of woman of my age. Doesn't mean i can't get dressed and look a few years younger. That's dthe part i am working on now. Finding a wig "s" and hair styles that fit me. Clothes and shoes that say it's today the way i want to look. Keep the good attitude and you will get to were you want to go. I know it takes a lot of patience.

lol
Reggie

SarahMarie42
04-07-2011, 09:42 PM
The only bad part is...I dislike myself as a male too -.- This is a good first step in recovering from BDD, but I'm definitely going to seek therapeutic assistance.

Cynthia Anne
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
The only bad part is...I dislike myself as a male too -.- This is a good first step in recovering from BDD, but I'm definitely going to seek therapeutic assistance.

I think that is a very wise and mature idea! I to dispise my male side! Hugs!

SarahMarie42
04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
-Stupid post was edited-