PDA

View Full Version : The first time you finally saw your female self.

MarinaTwelve200
09-26-2005, 06:13 PM
If i may ask, When was the first time your dress up session went so well you actually got a good idea as to what your Fem-self looks like.

I dont mean the first time you dressed or wore female clothing, but the first time you "saw" a girl in the mirror and said to yourself---"So thats what I would have looked like had I been born female."

For me, it was quite late in the game. Even though I have been CDing since age 13 (Im 56 now) I never could get a "handle" on how I actually would have looked as a female until around January of this year. This was after I finally got a brunette wig that was actually "right for me" combined with my new makeup skills I developed for last year's Halloween costume.(gypsy fortune teller) If I say so myself I looked quite attractive and over 20 years younger.

I observed that I look a lot like my younger sister, more so than I would care to admit. But I think i look better with my longer straighter nose, than her "button" nose---which is really the only facial difference I observed.

Deidra Cowen
09-26-2005, 06:31 PM
My first time was when I had a makeover by a professional here in Atlanta. When she finished I looked in the mirror and basically was in shock. Like you I had the experience of resembling a female family member....I looked like my mom! :thumbsup:

I was hooked from that point and went to work losing wieght, buying cloths and trying to learn makeup. By the way I've never reproduced the look she acheived on me. :eek:

jo_ann
09-26-2005, 07:35 PM
probably when I first met my wife and let her do my makeup (age 23).. Sure I had some makeup here and there, but I was quite in-experienced at applying it, and I don't think I really had everything I needed. didn't matter that I wasn't dressed, seeing my whole face made-up was enough for me. I think it's more amazing the first time you feel someone else do your makeup, you feel like a model or something.

Stephanie Brooks
09-26-2005, 07:42 PM
It was in the mid-1990s. I was on my second wig, long straight cut. It fit me. The look was right. Everything finally came together, the clothes, the wig, the makeup, the attitude. Problems in recent years notwithstanding, I'm mostly back to where I was back then.

It's fun watching the transformation when I'm getting dressed, trying to discern in the transformation when Steve leaves and Stephanie appears, and vice versa.

GypsyKaren
09-26-2005, 07:55 PM
When I let my wife do make-up for me. I had dabbled with it a little in the past, but after I came out to her she showed me how to do it all. After she was finished I looked in the mirror and cried. It was the first time I had ever really seen myself as I was meant to look. When she saw how it affected me she finally realized what it was all about for me.

GypsyKaren

Stormgirl
09-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Haven't seen my female self yet and probably never will.

DanaJ
09-26-2005, 08:13 PM
My first salon head-to-toe makeover - the girls didn't let me see myself until they were finished, I couldn't believe that was me!!! They also named me Dana, then femme name I use now :)

Emily Ann Brown
09-26-2005, 08:37 PM
The first time I realized I look just like my 31 year old daughter.
(couple months ago)

Emily Ann

Rachel Morley
09-26-2005, 08:47 PM
After my first "transformation makeover" about 10 years ago. It was the first time I saw myself dressed "full on", including foundation wear and a professional wig. That was when I thought...OMG...I'm a girl!

susiej
09-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Marina,

This is a great question. I think one of the reasons I'm so hooked on being feminine is because of what happened the first time I wore my sister's bra and p -- p -- well, even though Tristen has gone, I still can't say it -- my sister's underwear.

I was 14 years old, and everybody was away from the house but me. At age 14, I was a lot more svelte, and somewhat shorter than I am now, and when I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror, particularly with the bathroom light off and the light coming in from the hallway, *gulp*, I was a girl. I remember this vision as though it were yesterday, even though has been than 30 years!

It even seemed that I was a little cuter than my (older) sister, but that perception may have had something to do with our typically-rocky teenage sibling relationship. In any case, it was also temporary -- she's now much cuter than I am (in case she ever reads this thread -- she also hits really hard) :).

Every time I dress and look into the mirror, that young girl, now much older and chunkier, still stares silently back into my eyes. She and I have spent our whole lives together, and sometimes, I wish I could switch places with her!

Hugs,
Susie

JayeEdgar
09-26-2005, 09:29 PM
Along with several others, the first time I had a professional makeover. It was amazing to see myself in the mirror (I looked a little like an older Anne Francis). I have been back to that shop several times and they always bring out the same look, but I cannot manage it on my own.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Let me join the "first professional makeover" crowd. Yes, I'd dressed and done my make-up before, but having a pro do it took things to a new level. As others have said, I couldn't believe it was me.

jennifer easton
09-26-2005, 11:12 PM
I haven't been able yet, I live with my girlfriend and she dosen't know
Sad isn't it been doing this for 45 years I still dont know who I am, some day I'll try! trouble is that there's no way I could ever pass some of us have it and some can't Im so male theres no way
Jen

Deborah_UK
09-27-2005, 01:28 AM
it was just before this pic was taken

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/deborahs/images/5-picture2.gif?0.21103062440857112