PDA

View Full Version : Camping en femme

Briana90802
04-08-2011, 08:38 AM
So my SO and I are planning to go to Sequoia NP for a few days of relaxation and to disconnect from the world. Should I go enfemme? Anyone been camping en femme ?

krissy
04-08-2011, 08:42 AM
I have and its great ,loved every minute of the trip.Enjoy if your s.o. doesn't mind the dressing go for it ! GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN!!!:)

Babeba
04-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Define "enfemme." If it's something that's going to keep you from being able to go on long walks or hikes/other fun normal camping experiences your wife will enjoy doing with you/do camp chores so your wife isn't doing all the cooking and cleaning on her own in primitive conditions - then go for it! Remember that some cosmetics have enough of a food-based smell that rodents WILL try to eat them - you don't want a mouse hole through your cosmetics bag into your favourite lipstick, right? If you're camping near your car, it can just go in with the rest of your food in there. If you're camping in the bush, it should go up a tree with the rest of your food and toiletries as I believe that's bear country.

I have to admit, however, that if you are ANYWHERE you may end up running into other people (so anywhere you can get to by road, boat or a 12 hour hike) you're likely going to stick out like a sore thumb. many women wear eyeliner/mascara when camping, along with their tshirts, hoodies and jeans. However, as a provincial park interpreter spending a LOT of time talking to campers, there was only one woman I ran into who had - even in a campground that was mostly RVs and tent trailers rather than tents and hikers - made an effort to be totally dolled up (and I really feel that was a lifelong choice, given the purse poodle, brittle bleached hair and leathery tanned skin). She was having a lot of fun, but she didn't exactly blend in under the radar. It should be a lot of fun, but I thought I'd give you a heads-up that you'll not go unnoticed if that's something that bothers you!

Cynthia Anne
04-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I say go with what you're and yours are comfortable with! If you can except your self enfeme than by all means enjoy it! Don't worry about what others think! Life is short and you need to enjoy it to the fullest! Just enjoy it!

RADER
04-08-2011, 11:05 AM
YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET A RAIN CHECK.
If the government shuts down on Friday evening, all National Parks will be closed.
I thought you might want to know, sorry.
Rader

Kate Simmons
04-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Sounds good but the bugs will kill you if you wear perfume.:)

Loni
04-08-2011, 02:17 PM
sadly i had plans for a week from now, but with all the bad weather, work hrs change, and a blown transfer-case. i had to cancel.
but now i have a whole week to have fun closer to home.
if i can get the heep working i can go play in the show.
Loni

AllieSF
04-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Go for it. Going en femme does not just mean in a dress with all the trappings. Jeans, shorts, tee tops, sweater or sweatshirt, so many choices and variations. Enjoy yourself and please let us know how it all goes. I am going to add that experience to my en femme bucket list.

Ravin_nightshade
04-08-2011, 09:20 PM
well I was homeless for about 3 months (still had a job but nowhere to live) and thanks to my wonderful parents I am an avid survivalist anyway I was dressed the entire time (less when at work) and it was wounderful. I say go for it.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
04-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I certainly hope you are not going to wear a summer dress, imagine pegging the tent and the twins are scraping the dirt. Oh yuk, gravel rash on the family jewels, soiled and all.

Denise Somers
04-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I was away from my family for three weeks in 2003 while they went to southern Mexico and I went to Sequoia Nat'l Park along with other parks in Arizona and Colorado before returning to Wisconsin. Off came the mustache and any other facial hair. I wore bootcut jeans and turquoise/white tennis shoes and a tank top. When not climbing around I'd get cleaned up and wear shorts, a knit top, and wedge sandals with my toes nicely polished. Very relaxing and very satisfying.

Denise S.

Persephone
04-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Go for it! But like Babeba and Denise wrote, be careful with the makeup and perfume, especially in bear areas!

Not so sure about the bear bag in the tree routine though. It may still work in parts of Canada, but the bears in Sequoia figured it out a long time ago. They also know how to pop the windows right out of cars. I think a bear canister is required by the park, and it should be stored a ways from your campsite. The bears are smart however, and rumor has it that they are out foraging for quarters and screwdrivers.

As to personal experience, yes! I've tent camped and motorhome traveled across the U.S. and parts of Canada and loved every moment of it.

Have a wonderful time! And please tell us all about it when you get back. Pictures too! Don't forget the camera!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Charise52
04-09-2011, 06:13 AM
I went camping twice last summer with two different groups... and both times I wore women's jean shorts, with the cuffs turned up, and boatneck sleeveless tops... no one commented...

wanagione
04-09-2011, 06:31 AM
yes! it is really fun. There are so many cute camping outfits out there to try on!

noeleena
04-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Hi .

Yeap go for it Rain hail wind cold no matter what comes just wear clothes that work i started out in a skirt & top . finished up with my overalls railways heavy duty coat army boots & a very warm beane hat & leather work gloves plus a sledge hammer keeping the pegs in so the tents did not blow away only lost two out of 15 tents & our granddaughter was with me / us .we sleeped in our 4 x 4 . & we still had a neat time . no snow tho.. not that time .

Hey have a good time .

...noeleena...

Kim_Bitzflick
04-09-2011, 09:37 AM
I do camp in a pop up trailer but I have not camped enfemme.

I did go to sequoia park & camped in it with my family. WE had a great time, hiked, saw the big trees, etc. Let me just say a few things

It get COLD at night.
Camp sites do not have electricity but you can bring a generator (that is only allowed to be run at certain times).
They have boxes for your food, etc. that are bear proof.

Cassandra Lynn
04-09-2011, 12:14 PM
As a confirmed outdoors lover, i can think of nothing better for decompressing from society than to take your inner (and outer) girl out into the great outdoors. Without having yet had the pleasure, i can't give much practical advice though. As a word of warning, popular NPs usually mean lot's of people so take due precautions.
Don't let that deter you, just remember the same things that apply anywhere else.

One other thing though, having been face to face with a mama black bear (and cubs) last labor day weekend while camping, i can faithfully recommend Ambrielle brand panties.
I was in drab, but as usual underdressed, and i think the panties saved me.........LOL!

Get out there and enjoy, i can't wait for camping season to truly begin out here.

EllieOPKS
04-09-2011, 12:32 PM
There is nothing more fun than camping em femme. I am at a state park in Missouri as I type this. Went fishing this morning in a golf skirt and sleaveless top this morning. When other boats got close I just tucked the skirt between my legs. It looked like shorts to them. It was so much fun. I say do for it and enjoy yourself.
Ellie

Jenny Beth
04-09-2011, 12:57 PM
A few years ago my wife and I set up camp with our small trailer at a fairly remote lake in central BC. For two days I was in girly tops and shorts, bra and breast forms along with cute sandals and painted toenails and we even paddled the lake a few times. Making lunch one day we heard vehicles coming so I quickly changed, in comes three pickup trucks with slide in campers, one of them with a trailer full of those 4x4 quad things. Next thing we know we have four hunters setting up camp a hundred feet from us, so much for our secluded quiet spot. Anyway they were nice and friendly and we ended up sitting with them at night around their fire and my wife didn't mind having guns around as we were in grizzly bear country but I wasn't so sure they would have cared seeing me in my floral print pink top.

But hey, if your wife is into going camping enfemme I say go for it.

Diane Delaney
04-13-2011, 01:47 PM
cool cool cool cool cool

linda allen
04-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Don't forget that while "en femme", you have to find a place to sit down to pee. As a male, all you have to do is stand behind a tree! :heehee:

Michelle123
04-14-2011, 08:18 AM
never been camping enfemm, but severl yrs. ago, gf and I rented a lovely little cabin on a large lake. There were rows of cottages, with walkways winding throughout. In the evenings, we would sit on the small porch, enjoying drinks. I would wear my corselette, panties, sheer beige or nude stockings, with a pr. of shorts, and a light summer shirt. I would even keep my 36b inserts in. i dont know if anyone noticed, but if they did, nothing was said. I wasnt really obvious, as the nylons were a lighter shade, so it would be hard to notice unless someone came rather close and looked at my legs. But it was still so very exciting, being dressed as I wanted to be, with the folks milling about.

Plasibeau
04-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Not only have I gone camping en femme, but I also went to Seqoia National Park. It is awesome, of course leave the heels at home. It was one of my first times out and I left all male clothes at home. And as a side note, standing next to General Sherman really brings your own perspective into focus. Now I know how an ant feels. . .