PDA

View Full Version : My Thursday

Leanne2
04-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Thursday April 7th was an interesting day for me. My daughter had an appointment and needed a sitter. I was off work so I qualified. As usual my two young grandchildren (3 and 2) were a joy to take care of. When my daughter got back I kissed everyone and drove to the local farm store to buy a lawnmower part. Of course I was in DRAB for all of those activities.
By 10am I was back home. I had a hair appointment at 12:30 so I showered and dressed en fem. I wore a denim jumper over a pink long sleeved shirt. With makeup done and purse in hand I jumped back into the minivan. One hundred yards down the street I heard one of our outside cats in the back of the van. So I turned around and drove back. By then the cat was on the dash. I messed up my nail polish throwing out the cat but just shrugged and went on my way.
I was 30 minutes early arriving at the town where my beauty shop is located, so I shopped at a thrift shop first. They had lots of formals and wedding gowns. I tried on a LBD and showed it to the SA. She said it looked good but then she was trying to make a sale. I loved the dress but decided that it was a little too tight for this plus sized girl. Then I drove to the salon.
The lady that does my hair is the same age as me, 60. She still does roller sets and that is what I like so we think alike. After she cut and set my hair I could relax under the dryer. While there I looked through some hairstyle books and picked out 2 pictures that I liked. When I was done drying, my hairdresser looked at the pictures as well. She said that I could grow into either one of the styles but would have to flat iron my wavy hair for one of them. We discussed this as she combed out, teased, and sprayed my hairdo. Then I paid her and was on my way again.
I drove to the outlet mall in that town. One of the stores sells new wedding dresses and prom formals. The gowns have full skirts this year; I love it. I browsed in that store and enjoyed watching the high school girls shop for prom. After shopping in 3 more stores I left the mall and drove home. Sadly, I had to transform back so I removed my nail polish and took another shower.
Back in drab I worked on a lawn mower. Unfortunately I burned my finger on the muffler so I had to tend to that. I talked to my wife on the phone when she got off work. We both needed TP shots so I told her that I would meet her at the health department at 5. That shot didn't hurt my arm then but it's sure sore now. After the shots we came home and enjoyed a normal evening. My wife knows about my fem activities but we don't discuss them in detail. That is why I love this forum. I need to tell someone about my day. Thanks for listening. Leanne

Cynthia Anne
04-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Leanne! You just proved a day doesn't have to be perfect to enjoy it! Sorry about your burn! But in a loving parent things happen! Hugs!