PDA

View Full Version : My Big Outing - Into the Belly of the Beast

GirlieAmanda
04-09-2011, 02:30 AM
I have not really gone "out" in about 10 years. Oh sure I have gone out this year on Halloween, and driving recently and to a TG picnic, BUT I mean reeeeallllly out. Like trying to pass 100% as a normal girl. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. The last time I did it 10 years ago, my wife found everything a bit later and our marriage was never the same. Well now Amanda and I are free and Amanda wants to shop and be seen. She has been bottled up for so long. She is so fun loving and lives life in all of its glory. She wants to experience the real world. Smell the fragrances, see and touch the clothes, and just feel the freedom air on her face. I think I have done so much to lead to this point. My look has never been better, I think I have the voice down pat, I walk fine, my body language is girlie, everything. Now I have to take all of the advice and encouragement I got from you all on this site and use it. The moment I step into that mall, or other places I will draw on all of the power that you have given me. I will need it. I am scared but yet ready and thrilled. I HAVE to see if I am passable for real. I have to know. I just can't decide. I have a REALLY cute and sexy short sleeve suit with cute slightly heeled dress peep toe flats. I just don't know if I will be in context on a Saturday. Maybe I am coming from a weekend business thing, maybe I am a SA from a fine retail clothing store shopping. I am just afraid I will draw a teeny but more attention in that. I will do jeans, flats, a long shirt with a shrug over if I want to step down. I look fabulous in the suit though. Ahhhh! We will see.

I am going to attempt to check in on this thread throughout the day tomorrow (Saturday) and I will post pics on my Flickr site since that is the only way I can. Here is my link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/girlieamanda

I posted on page 3 the whole story of the details of the night.

joannemarie barker
04-09-2011, 02:37 AM
get out there and have fun Amanda :) you will pass and have a great day :)

Angiemead12
04-09-2011, 04:04 AM
I wish I was you! Good luck Amanda, I dont think you will have a problem except you may enjoy it to much!

Alisa
04-09-2011, 04:24 AM
You go girl... hope you have a great time and I'm sure you will. Can't wait to hear all about it! Hugs.

Jorja
04-09-2011, 05:20 AM
All you have to do is step out the door. Don't worry, the big bad world isn't going to eat you alive (well, I hope not anyway). I don't know your area but the short sleeve suit might put you out of place on a Saturday. However, don't let that stop you. Like you said, maybe you are coming from a weekend business meeting. The thing is to just get out there and have fun with it.

Jasmine Jones NZ
04-09-2011, 05:55 AM
Have a great day hun, I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of your big day

Bethany38
04-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Amanda enjoy the day. Shop `til you drop hun. Do not worry about passing I think you got that one. If you did not live so far away I would go with you I need to get dressed today anyhow. Cannot wait to see piccies.

S. Lisa Smith
04-09-2011, 06:13 AM
You look wonderful!! I love your long hair!!! I wish I were young and skinny like you...

Denise Shelly
04-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Hold your head up high, puff out your chest and walk like you own the world girl. And have a great time

Jamie48
04-09-2011, 08:10 AM
With a look like yours you should have no problem. Go for It!!!

Janet too
04-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Wow you are really a beautiful looking person. If I had your looks and build I would never worry about being read while out. You always look so cute, but I have got to be honest your 1st and 3rd pictures are stunning. The black outfit is exquisite and as always your short blonde hair is awesome. I have the green eyed envy monster right now.:) :)

Stephanie Miller
04-09-2011, 08:26 AM
WAIT ! WAIT ! I need to go get my soda and popcorn. Then I can keep an eye on this thread the right way. :D I just love a show where you just know the ending is has to be wondwerful. I mean really... just look at the cast. :daydreaming: You go girl! Have a great time.

Cynthia Anne
04-09-2011, 08:50 AM
You go girl! With your attitude you will 'pass'! But don't worry too much about passing! Just enjoy yourself! Hugs!

Samantha W
04-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Amanda. To put it bluntly, you are stunning. I have seen your avatar on posts before and have taken you (and a few others) as the hallmark of what I want to achieve. I would consider myself to be a complete success to look half as beautiful as you do, as would most GG’s.

Pease post a video of how you do your eye make up!

The only negative response you could possibly encounter will be envy. You will turn heads and drop jaws. Please love every minute of it.

Giselle(Oshawa)
04-09-2011, 09:04 AM
You go girl!

my only question amanda is are you really a cd and not a gg? lol
you are 100% passable sis, great job!

TGMarla
04-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Judging from your piccies, I'd say you'll do fine. You're very pretty, and you do a fabulous job on your makeup.

Kim_Bitzflick
04-09-2011, 09:24 AM
The pics look great. I hope you have a great time.

LisaM
04-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Have fun, Amanda. Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Amy Lynn3
04-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Either way you will look good and pass very well. Keep the nerves at bay, if possible and have a great time.

Sandy Banks
04-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Can't wait to see the new pics!!!! Positive you'll pass!:battingeyelashes:

GirlieAmanda
04-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Oh no! Its the day of. Yikes. So nervous. I may have to take an Atavan. Just want to be calm and enjoy. BTW that Natural Glow cream works really well. My legs have improved and look a lot less ghosty. Still debating on the suit. Its so cute. It is in the 60s and overcast here. I will be going to a kind of more city suburban area. So maybe more business dress would be OK. Grrr. I hate to cover these legs now. Thank you for the encouragement. I feel I owe it a little to the girls who are not passable or are in a bad situation to go out and take full advantage of my situation. I hope I can lift someone's spirits a little.

AKAMichelle
04-09-2011, 10:06 AM
You will be fine. Wear the jeans - not the suit

boardpuppy
04-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi Amanda,
You are stunning. From all your pics, the only thing stopping you from enjoying your day out is you yourself. Enjoy this special day out and I'am waiting to see any additional pics.
Alice

Marcia Blue
04-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Have great day girl. You will do just fine. Love your look.

Stephanie47
04-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi Amanda, I looked at your shots on Flickr. If I EVER looked like you do, I'd be out there strutting myself EVERY day! You look fabulous. The only problem I see for you is swatting the guys away like flies. You're simply gorgeous. With your slender figure, I'd recommend any dress or skirt that falls several inches above the knee. Show those legs off. Any shorter the dress and you may attract too much attention. That may be for another weekend. Have fun!

Missy Tanya
04-09-2011, 11:34 AM
You worried, give me a break. Your adorable. Should have a great time out. But do agree, the short skirt would be too much. Jeans with heels and nice top. Sexy but not drawing too much attention. The Suit would be best on week days early afternoons. Then you would be just one of the working class girls out shopping after work.

Tanya

renee k
04-09-2011, 12:19 PM
You worried, give me a break. Your adorable. Should have a great time out. But do agree, the short skirt would be too much. Jeans with heels and nice top. Sexy but not drawing too much attention. The Suit would be best on week days early afternoons. Then you would be just one of the working class girls out shopping after work.

Tanya

I agree with Tanya, a skirt suit at the mall on Saturday is a little over the top. It would work during the week as Tanya has mentioned. You'll be just as cute in jeans. Now get out there and enjoy!

Renee

GirlieAmanda
04-09-2011, 01:49 PM

Tanya

Exactly! I have decided. I know in my heart I will be more comfy in my sexy jeans, nice dusty pink cute top, my new brown strappy front sandals with low heel, and some nice jewelry. Going to pack quickly, check in at hotel, get dressed and GO! Got to get going here. Thank you for helping me decide. I will save the suit for my dream day walking through the city soon!

Julie Denier
04-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Good luck! I bet you have a blast -- you look amazing!

Julogden
04-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Amanda, you can do it! You're gorgeous, dear, just try to relax and remember you have as much right as anyone else to live your life as you want to.

Carol :hugs:

GirlieAmanda
04-09-2011, 03:29 PM
At hotel now. Wi fi sucks.

Jennifer Marie P.
04-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Amanda you are beautiful everything is perfect and now go out there and enjoy Amanda.

Leslie Langford
04-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, Amanda, but are you sure you're not just yanking our collective chains and being a total drama queen?

If you truly look as good as the pictures you have posted would have us believe, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about with respect to passing (unless, of course, you're sporting a horn at the back of your head that we cannot see, or something similar - LOL!).

So grow a pair, then tuck them, and get your butt out there...! :doh::D

Jodi
04-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Amanda, Take a day and go to the Tanger outlet mall. I'm guessing that you are close to it. Just walk around and enjoy yourself. Window shop and go into stores and brouse around. You will be amazed at how accepting the store people are.

Jodi

Krista Doll
04-09-2011, 08:40 PM
just saw your photo from today you look great hope you had a wonderful time!

Brenda456
04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
I agree with Stephanie. If I looked as good as you, I would be out 24/7. Have fun!

GirlieAmanda
04-09-2011, 09:09 PM
OMG I am having the time of my life! right now I am at Olive Garden. I feel so incredible. you are all with me in my heart. this is arevolutionary moment for me. tonight I am areal girl. As I drink my cosmo I am experiencing a huge moment in my life. I am so glad to share it.

Maria in heels
04-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Amanda...glad that you had a wonderful day..you go girl !

Stephanie Miller
04-09-2011, 10:50 PM
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!! Put the drink down - hand the phone to someone NOW! (I'm running out of popcorn!)

cassandra.932
04-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Amanda,

You look stunning. I would have mistaken you for a GG in not of this forum. Go out and have fun, I think you would love it after going through the initial first few minutes of knees shivering!

Chickhe
04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I experienced a similar feeling. Maybe call it a bucket list or something like that, but I just had to get out in the full daylight and try to pass, blend in or whatever. The point is, if I didn't do it, I would forever be feeling held back and like I failed at something...and I didn't want to reach the end and look back seeing that I didn't do anything. So I did it and now I feel good, I can say 'I did it' and move on to bigger and better things. The hard part is feeling this great high when you go out dressed and then going back to a drab life...you can feel a bit down, but what brings me up is just remembering the positive experiences and they always bring a smile. All the best, have fun!

GirlieAmanda
04-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Stephanie my pics are at my linked flickr site. I am Girlieamanda on there too.
I really did something great. It will be a day long remembered even though I will continue. I am sleepy. I will tell all tomorrow.

tall sam
04-10-2011, 05:16 AM
AAAA the suspense is killing us -- we want all the details

Danni Renee
04-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Great job Amanda! I cannot wait to get to the point you are at now! Your pictures looked great and it sounds like you had a good time!

steftoday
04-10-2011, 08:16 AM
your pics were great; you look awesome in them. unfortunately, there weren't enough of them! :D thanks for sharing them with us!

Jorja
04-10-2011, 08:37 AM
From your pics it looks like you had a wonderful time out. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Julogden
04-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Congratulations, Amanda! You look great in your out-and-about photos!

Carol

Noortje
04-10-2011, 10:21 AM
You looked amazing in the pictures. You're my hero!

Sandy Banks
04-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Did anyone hit on you????????

fun4metoo2004
04-10-2011, 11:18 AM
If I didn't know better, I would swear you were a sexy woman. The pictures are very nice. Keep at it. you look wonderful.

GirlieAmanda
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
I never wanted it to end. It was simply the BEST time Amanda has had ever! It was just her against the real world. I was ready. I got a hotel, got ready and hit the stores. That first step into Old Navy was so incredible. No one thought anything. I passed men, women, and teenage girls (the hardest ones to pass to apparently). I felt so awesome and relaxed. I kind of just smirked and said to myself, "Hell, this is so easy" I was just another semi attractive girl in the world doing my thing. I got so confident that I went straight to the Beast. The Mall. I had been to this Mall 10 years ago but it was not to this level and that was ages ago. I thought it was poetic to return. As I walked through the mall I passed many, many people. I was in Macys and I got my first official greeting as a girl. An older lady asked if I needed any help and I said "No I am just looking." and smiled. She said "OK let me know if you do Miss." You can't buy that kind of thrill. It was ON now. I felt so powerful. I walked so proud and girlie. All nervousness disappeared. I was doing it. There is no other feeling like it in the world. Not many get to experience this or want to... but I was.

I went to the ATM to get out cash so I wouldn't have to use my boy name debit cards. I walked around the food court in my sexy jeans and my cute dusty pink pleaty top. I wore flats to not be too tall. I just measured in recently at a little over 5'9". My makeup was as perfect as its going to get. I had my little bum and hip pad boy short from Bubbles Bodywear on under the snug jeans. It must have looked pretty good because I had a guy following me slyly just behind me. I would slow and he would too. Then I would speed up and he kept right behind. He was staring at my ass. So cool. I just kept walking until I turned into Victoria's Secret. Yes, the mother of all girl candy stores. I was so in the zone. I was in this sexy little store as my girl self. It was so epic. I have dreamed about that for so long. It was getting a little late. I have no idea why malls close at 9pm. Its too damn early! I searched for and bought some cute sexy silvery panties and some cotton ones. As I was checking out, the SA told me she loved my lip gloss color. I was thinking "Hello, it a Clinique lipstick, not a gloss." I thanked her and smiled. I really wanted to say what it was and have a little girl moment but it passed.

It was mall closing time and time for me to go back out to the car. I was so sad to go. I was having so much fun. As I walked out I saw some rough characters kind of hanging around between me and my car. I got a weee bit nervous. Thankfully there were two cute guys in front of me who held the door for me. I followed close behind them and grabbed for my keys. Another real world girlie experience right there. I really did not want the night to end so I ended up going to the Olive Garden. I told the hostess that someone may be meeting me. I sat at a two person cozy table. I ordered an appetizer and a Cosmo. Yummy, I love them. I just played with my phone and ate and got kinda buzzy. I checked off another dream which was ordering in a restaurant. I think the girl voice passed the test. I still have work to do on it but I think it was fine. The only issues I had were two teenage girls looked at me and then whispered. BUT that could have been anything really. Then, a lady at the table across from me at the Olive Garden made a kind of tisk sound after I said something to my waitress. Again, that could have been anything. I could have been just hyper aware. The two hostesess whispered to each other too after the one said that my table would be ready soon. But then she said "Ma'am are you ready?" when the table was ready. So if there was any weirdness, it was so minor it was not an issue.

I cruised the strip and made my way back to the hotel blasting 80s hair metal on Sirius not wanting the night to end. I lingered long into the night talking on the phone and video chatting with my GF. It was just simply the best day of Amanda's life. It really made me think hard about a lot of things. It could be like this all of the time. Hmm. We shall see.

Here is the link again to my pics. I did add a video too I would love to see if my voice is OK and if I still look good in motion. It was processing on the site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/girlieamanda/sets/72157626469528796/

StarrOfDelite
04-10-2011, 04:16 PM
You look fabulous,Amanda, wish I was as young and pretty as you. You will do fine out there!

Jorja
04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Miss Belle of the Ball gets dumped in the dumpster and Miss Amanda takes over. Ahhhh, to be so young and pretty again.

Dealight
04-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Amanda, can't wait to see!!!

Dealight
04-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh my goodness!!!! Amanda, just saw your outing pics.....I am amazed you ever doubted yourself......(well, I do understand....), but honestly, you look wonderful! I am so glad it went well for you..and I hope it is the first of many comfortable times being you.......congrats!!!

Patrice_CD
04-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Amanda you are so cute girl! You look absolutely amazing. I'm so glad to hear how much fun you had while out. Look forward to your next outing.

msniki48
04-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Good For You Amanda!
yaaaahhhhhh!

Hopefully the 1st of many steps.

hugs

msniki48

Diane Smith
04-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Despite your nerves, after looking at your pictures and video, I'm quite sure you were the best looking girl at the mall that day. Congratulations!

- Diane

Leslie Langford
04-10-2011, 10:09 PM
See, now that didn't hurt a bit, did it?

Of course, the bad news is that the genie is out of the bottle now, and there is no turning back... :eek::heehee::doh:

PretzelGirl
04-10-2011, 10:22 PM
I think I want to go out with you because you look so good, no one would notice me!

Way to go Amanda! The seed is planted and I predict you will be enjoying yourself for a long time to come.

suchacutie
04-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Amanda, I checked out your pics and video, and I have to say you look fabulous and your mannerisms work very well. You asked for comments about your voice. I do think your voice passes, but I do detect some bass reverberations on occasion, as though you're not as usued to cutting off that part of your vocal ensemble as you might be. And really it's only the pitch. You have many language and body-language nuances under control. Just the pitch! :)

You do look really fabulous!! Congratulations!

tina

Maria in heels
04-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Amanda...you look great! I just saw your little video...loved it! You definitely have nothing to worry about and can just be yourself! I'm glad that you had a great time and I'm sure that you are still flying in the clouds

AriannaH
04-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Way to go Amanda. Sounds like it was a great experience. You look fantastic.

kimdl93
04-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Way to go, Amanda! That whole day must have been sooooo much fun! You're really free to be yourself now.

Danni Renee
04-11-2011, 08:11 AM
WOW! You looked great and it seems you had a great time! I cannot wait until I can carry myself and belong as you do. Thank you for your courage, it helps me move the way I want to go.

Julie Denier
04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Loved your video -- you look amazing! Congrats on a great time out!

Rachael Ray
04-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Just read about your adventure out. You go, girl! You look perfect and totally "GG". I really enjoyed the video and your voice is 100% female. I look forward to reading about your future endeavors! Hugs.

abbykins
04-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Thank you SO MUCH for making your video. It made you real for me. I watched it and looked at your pics before reading your story, and when I read your story, I could imagine you navigating the Beast (which turned out to be beautiful ;) and sitting at a restaurant drinking cosmos. I wish I could have been your date there.

It's so amazing that you can pass so easily, I hope I can do as well when I go out my first time. I even feel a little competitive about it! Maybe that's a girlie moment ;)

The way you told your story made it seem like my own dream. Thank you Amanda. You're my inspiration for my first time out.

GirlieAmanda
04-15-2011, 08:18 PM
)
The way you told your story made it seem like my own dream. Thank you Amanda. You're my inspiration for my first time out.

This is EXACTLY why I do this. Not just for me but to feel very good about helping and inspiring people to be free. It feels so great inside knowing that my little fun outing can be not only huge to me, but to many others. I keep you all inside my heart and you walk with me and give me so much strength when I am out. Such a happy little symbiotic relationship.:hugs:

Madilyn A.
04-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Amanda, You not only are passable but super hot as well. Your look has become so much more feminine over the last year. Great job !! We all love the photos.