PDA

View Full Version : Unfreindly comments at work :(

xpshooter
04-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Hello,

I just had to share this with someone.

Last friday before I left work I showed one guy at work the dealer literature for the 70 Challenger and 69 Charger that I have.

Almost as soon as he seen the guy in a leotard on the 69 charger brochure, he was like whoa that's more than I need to see. So I made some comment about his kids taking ballet, and he said no way, guys should not wear that type of stuff.

This person married his high school sweetheart and has two kids. But, I now know he can not find out about what I like to wear.

This is almost along the same lines of my mother saying I should get some new jeans, and then comment "just make sure they are guy jeans".

Although, I think she would be understanding, she always says she doesn't care who I date, she just wants me to be happy. Her boss is gay and he is very nice guy along with his other half.

Xp

docrobbysherry
04-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Believe it not, I'm SPEECHLESS on this one! HELP, anyone?

DeannaD
04-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Sorry you work with a person so one dimensional. He appears to have some fears, at the least. Maybe he is not comfortable with himself. It is odd at this date, 21st century, guys have to act so macho.

Cynthia Anne
04-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Some people are so dense with a one cell brain! And that cell is flickering! I'm afraid my shoulder would be growing cooler towards him until it was cold! Hugs!

t-girlxsophie
04-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Knuckle Draggers are sadly a fact of life,Guy sounds like his heads up his own A**

Sophie

Katesback
04-10-2011, 01:56 AM
I am a woman and truthfully I have no desire to see a MAN wearing a leotard. Does that make me one dimensional? Does that make me something derogatory? Perhaps........ but then it is only my own opinion and quite possibly yours come to think of it, since I cannot say I have ever walked down the street and seen a MAN wearing a leotard.

Shelly Preston
04-10-2011, 03:51 AM
I guy wearing a leotard in that situation would be part of the reason for the comment

I agree its not right to make such comments its just how some people will react.

I guy in a leotard weightlifting is fine because its expected.

This is the reason a lot of us try to blend in when out dressed.

Unfortunately not everyone is open minded

Kathryn Philips
04-10-2011, 05:06 AM
The mere existence of these 1-dimensional beings that DeannaD refers to only helps to reinforce how truly lucky I am to have the "gift" of being CD. When I hear unfriendly comments, I never challenge them, just think to myself... poor guy

Pythos
04-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Some people should re-think their notions. If the MAN is fit enough, or good looking enough then why would a WOMAN not want to see that? Because of the BS society pushes down our throats. The same with knuckle draggers saying men should not be in the ballet. How would women react if guys said they don't want to see the image of a women in khakis and tank tops riding a motorcycle? There was a time that notion would be very common.

Also, when was the last time you saw a WOMAN in a leotard out on the streets outside of some event like a parade? The reason you don't see many wearing such is because there are those ninnies that say that kind of clothing belongs in the dance studio only, just like how a long time ago jeans were not seen outside of the work area.

There are some really one dimensional thinkers around here.

Now, I could see this sort of statement if the individual is out of shape, or obese and so on.

By the way, why on a sale brochure for a muscle car, is there a guy in a leotard? Scan the brochure so we can have a better idea.

xpshooter
04-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Ok, I made a mistake, The dude is not wearing a leotard. He is wearing a royal blue turtle neck, White jeans, white socks, and white shoes.

So this actually makes the comments my coworker said even more offensive.

I will try and get a scanned image up here in soon.

Joann Smith
04-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Wait a min.... his son takes ballet and he has an issue with leotards...huh ? ..sound like he might have been pissed off cause he had to go tutu shopping after work. LOL

Joann

xpshooter
04-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Oops, I should have been more clear, his kids are not in ballet, the comment was suggesting his kids taking ballet in the future. He did not want anything close to that to ever happen.

JaytoJillian
04-10-2011, 02:36 PM
In the words of the great Benny Barbarino, I'm so confused!

christinac
04-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Wait a min.... his son takes ballet and he has an issue with leotards...huh ? ..sound like he might have been pissed off cause he had to go tutu shopping after work. LOL

Joann

I have to second that one. Sounds like the hidden issue is way more than leotards.

Billie Jean
04-10-2011, 06:38 PM
I am a woman and truthfully I have no desire to see a MAN wearing a leotard. Does that make me one dimensional? Does that make me something derogatory? Perhaps........ but then it is only my own opinion and quite possibly yours come to think of it, since I cannot say I have ever walked down the street and seen a MAN wearing a leotard.In my opinion wear what you like. Kate I love your avatar, is that your bike. I ride daily and go to the fall Thunder Beach Rally in Panama City Beach every year. I'd love to ride like the way you are dressed in your picture. I did see a CD on the way back from there in Montgomery, Al once. Billie Jean

Eryn
04-10-2011, 09:29 PM
At least you know where this Neanderthal stands! Better that than being led on and then stabbed in the back!