PDA

View Full Version : Started making some decisions in my life today

AKAMichelle
04-10-2011, 05:20 PM
There is no turning back now. I finally told my mom about Michelle. She was the last personI had to tell and I have now. All went well and she understands for the most part, but she is still having issues accepting. I gave her all of the information and over the next couple of months she will get additional information. Hopefully that will help her understand better.`

Bethany38
04-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Michelle, I am glad you finally got to tell your Mom. I am also glad she did not take it badly. I think this is the hardest thing my Mom has ever had to accept. At least your Mom is willing to learn or gain information. She deserves a big hug:).....

StacyCD
04-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I would like to think that my Mom would be accepting but since she passed before I had even accepted myself, that's not a possibility. Glad to your Mom is open to more information/discussion. Good luck!

Eryn
04-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Michelle, I think that it is in the nature of Moms to be accepting and I think that in time she will be OK. It's quite a weighty issue to absorb she will likely need some time. Keep communications flowing and you'll both be fine.

AKAMichelle
04-10-2011, 10:42 PM
I have been doing a lot of soul searching the last couple of weeks and I finally started making some decisions. Decisions that I needed to make for a long time now.

Earlier today I told my mom. This evening I wrote my wife a letter which will most likely lead to the end of my marriage. I have one more big decision to make in my business and the path is then set.

marny
04-10-2011, 11:10 PM
My muther.....owww.. wrong time to ask!! like there would be a good time! only GOD knows what she would have thought.
Me not worried

Eryn
04-10-2011, 11:24 PM
This evening I wrote my wife a letter...

Think carefully before you take this approach. Your wife will have questions and a piece of paper will not be able answer them. Unanswered questions often fester and take on the appearence of facts.

The first question is, do you want to preserve your marriage? If so, that is the first thing to tell your wife, before you discuss anything else.

I wish you the best, Eryn

morgan51
04-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Good luck Michelle hoping for your dreams to come true!

AKAMichelle
04-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Think carefully before you take this approach. Your wife will have questions and a piece of paper will not be able answer them. Unanswered questions often fester and take on the appearence of facts.

The first question is, do you want to preserve your marriage? If so, that is the first thing to tell your wife, before you discuss anything else.

I wish you the best, Eryn

The letter is designed to spell out everything. It centers on why I react to her the way I do and why. I didn't chose to end it in the letter, but I don't see a solution other than divorce. We have been separated for most of 3 years now and we are a long way from a solution.

Eryn
04-11-2011, 12:05 AM
We have been separated for most of 3 years now and we are a long way from a solution.

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't know the situation and assumed that you were together.

Hugs, Eryn

melanief
04-11-2011, 12:12 AM
God luck Michelle. I am glad your Mom was accepting and I hope that the letter achieves what you hope it will. It is a big and brave step. Hope all goes well. Hugs.