PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Shopping Enfemme

Tricia Lee
04-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Went out twice this week grocery shopping enfemme. It's actually fun when you are dressed like a girl! I didn't have a bit of problem from other shoppers. If anyone read me they didn't make it obvious.

Last Thursday night I bought about 1/2 a cart's worth of groceries at Meijer's. I had done this before, but only with a few items, and used the U-scan self serve aisle. This time I checked out with a cashier. She was an older lady, and was very nice to me. I assume she read me, but didn't let on.

Tonight I went to Walmart for a few grocery items. The lady at the checkout wasn't as nice as the one at Meijer's. She seemed a little unsure about me. It was OK though. Then did some browsing at Meijer's, but didn't buy anything.

Here are a few pictures from tonight at Miejer's. Please excuse the low qual cell phone pics, oh, and the Popeye forearms :)

Eryn
04-10-2011, 11:12 PM
I see nothing readable there. Everything you're wearing is appropriate to a lady doing what you are doing.

SamanthaS
04-10-2011, 11:14 PM
You look like a regular female shopping hon.

Josey
04-10-2011, 11:21 PM
As others have stated you come across like any normal female shopper. Wish I could pass but just not likely. Enjoy the moments!

Tricia Lee
04-11-2011, 12:07 AM
I did mean to ask for feedback. I appreciate it. Thanks for the encouragement!

Actually, while grocery shopping the other two times, I was also wearing the suede jacket shown in my profile pic. It helps cover my arms a bit. I need to find something lighter since it was really a little too warm for that jacket this evening.

You know, what is interesting is that I'm completely happy going out dressed like this. I've found I don't need to wear 5" heels and a short skirt to have fun. All I ever wanted to do was be able to blend in and shop without being noticed. Jeans, a cute top, and some low heels are all I need :)

Nicole Rose
04-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Cute! Must of been fun :)

Eryn
04-11-2011, 01:26 AM
I've found I don't need to wear 5" heels and a short skirt to have fun. All I ever wanted to do was be able to blend in and shop without being noticed. Jeans, a cute top, and some low heels are all I need :)

That's my dream too! Someday...

RhondaLynn
04-11-2011, 02:02 AM
You look awesome! I've been working on a casual yet feminine shopping look too, but I'll never look as good as you!
Around the house I'll wear a skirt, and slip on some jeans if I need to go out for something.

I love your shoes - what kind are they?

Cynthia Anne
04-11-2011, 03:59 AM
Girl! I see an inposter! Any one can see right through you! Your just trying to fool us! Its very plain to see that you are a GG and not a CD! Hugs!

Kathy4ever
04-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Was the cashier at Walmart unsure of you due to your voice? The picture says a thousand words in that you were dressed appropriate for shopping like any gg would.

Alisa
04-11-2011, 04:24 AM
You know, what is interesting is that I'm completely happy going out dressed like this. I've found I don't need to wear 5" heels and a short skirt to have fun. All I ever wanted to do was be able to blend in and shop without being noticed. Jeans, a cute top, and some low heels are all I need :)

Could not agree more Tricia! You look great girl... thanks for sharing the pics and the experience. Hugs. Alisa

Alyssa Marie
04-11-2011, 05:07 AM
You're so lucky to pass so well!

erickka
04-11-2011, 05:27 AM
You look like a lady doing her grocery shopping. You look VERY passable and cute too!

insearchofme
04-11-2011, 09:48 AM
You look very natural and pretty!

Kim_Bitzflick
04-11-2011, 10:50 AM
I agree with the other girls here. You look great.

I have been grocery shopping en femme many times and I agree with you. It's great being treated just like any other customer and blending in.

Kaz
04-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I agree too.. It is a really fantastic feeling to feel like you are one of the girls rather than a permanently glammed up, short-skirted, high-heeled "person".

I do love that look too though and in my own space relish it. For the day to day out and about, though, I started to wear what others wear... and it is just so good!

I tend to have to wear a lot of make-up to cover my beard and wrinkles however, and I haven't done day mode for about a year - I lost my nerve. I am becoming a lady of the twilight!

You look great though! Keep going and live it! BTW don't worry about the arms... I've seen loads of GGs with bigger arms than you!

kimberly ann487
04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I never would have thought pushing around a shopping cart could be so much fun, but it was and looking foward to doing it again.

Jilmac
04-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Good for you Trisha, I have done grocery shopping en femme also and nobody seemed to care. It sure feels great to be accepted.

Holly
04-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Errands are so much more fun en femme. I have a a frequent shoppers card at Smith's (a grocery chain in the western US) in Holly's name.

Crysten
04-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh I agree. There was a thread up here about how most of us HATE wearing pants dressed up. I totally disagree. I nice pair of women's jeans is awesome!! And you look great BTW!! The only thing that would give me away would be my voice....I sound like a drill sergeant with a throat full of gravel. So I don't usually go out, that, and my wife would kill me, and dance on my grave. Lol. How do you get around the voice thing?

carhill2mn
04-11-2011, 01:30 PM
For a long time I have advocated grocery shopping as a good activity to do en femme. Everyone is interested in finding the things on their list and pay very little attention to anyone else. I have always found the employees to be very helpful if I need help.

You can wear nearly any style of clothing, especially if you are shopping at a time when a woman might be coming from or going to an activity for which a dressier outfit would be appropriate.

Claire Cook
04-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I never would have thought pushing around a shopping cart could be so much fun, but it was and looking foward to doing it again.

Fun it is! I'll never forget the first time I was in a line at the supermarket. A clerk opened up the register next door and said "I can take you here ma'am." It took me a second or two to realize she meant me!

Tricia Lee
04-11-2011, 07:18 PM
How do you get around the voice thing?

I don't get around it. I just assume they know I'm a guy. I soften my voice a little, but I think it's still pretty obviously male.

I love your shoes - what kind are they?

PayLess specials :) I'm not sure what the model name is. I actually have two pair, one in black, and the other in brown suede.

Funny story; I went to the doctor's office. The doctor is a hot Mediterranean woman in her 40's. She was wearing these same shoes! I complimented her on how cute they were. She said "oh they are just some inexpensive shoes that I picked up". After that I knew they were the same as mine. I wanted so badly to tell her I also have a pair :)

Tina P Hose
04-11-2011, 07:28 PM
I work in grocery and have been working in grocery for better than 13 years, You look great and better than 41 % of the gg's that I see.