PDA

View Full Version : Lucky enough to wear a size 10

FAVORITE HEELS
04-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I am feeling so lucky to be able to fit in a womens size 10 heel.My choices in shoes are endless.They have my size most of the time since there are mostly 7-9 sold to GG's.

Paula Siemen
04-11-2011, 09:37 AM
You BITCH!.....LOL, I'm green with envy. Always scouring the size 18/2x racks for styles that don't look like matronly gunny sacks or 70'ish ladies business suits. Sometimes lucky to find any cute shoes in size 10w that fit...with a serious break-in period. If only I could have really persued crossdressing when younger and I dreamed of a size 14 (usually the max size for ladies clothing, before you jump to womens sizes). I can dream, cann't I?

ninapuella
04-11-2011, 09:43 AM
wohoo...i have 10 in shoe size too! :)
And yes its great to have small sizes sometimes.

Megan70
04-11-2011, 09:46 AM
I second what Paula called you B----! That's it , you're outta here dame. We gals 14+ and up need this site to cry the blues while you graduate from being a CD to becomeing a GG. I tell ya its ain't fair missy. Now scoot!( LOL)

FAVORITE HEELS
04-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I deserve that B_ _ _ comment! But I must say I was nice to get my first response please let me stay i love it here.I think you both look terrific.Wish I can look as good as you both do someday!!

Do they have the most lovely shoes in Sweden as they do in the States?

suchacutie
04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
I can fit into a size 11 and was very surprised to find some fantastic heels in that size at Target! of all places.

tina

thechic
04-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Its certainly great to be able to were average womans sizes,you get more of a selection and cheaper shoes,im a shoe a holic

Paula W
04-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Size 10 shoe size here. Is it weird that both my male and female shoe size are both 10? My guy shoes fit perfectly fine and smaller shoes don't fit well. 10 for womens shoes is the perfect size for me for every pair I have tried on and they say it should be a size and a half to two sizes larger. Am I just weird?

Janine cd
04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I wear a size 11W, but I've found that I can wear a size 11M in some styles. That broadens the selections considerably. I've had good luck finding nice shoes at Payless and by going online at E-bay.

FAVORITE HEELS
04-11-2011, 03:33 PM
am exactly the same way all ladies 10th fit perfect and my male shoes same dont fit well.Its a nitche size for sure.Glad they carry them locally at Warehouse shoe stores and macys!!

FAVORITE HEELS
04-11-2011, 03:34 PM
I am seeing more 11s lately

FAVORITE HEELS
04-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Its starts with the shoes right ( cant stop either the styles are really awsome right now.then of course you need a designer suit to go with them and a sweater and ETC...

FAVORITE HEELS
04-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Target and Ross lots of 11.s now

Stephanie47
04-11-2011, 04:00 PM
When the heading on the board stated, "I'm lucky enough to wear a size 10," I thought a size 10 dress! If I could wear a size 10 dress I'd thought I'd died and gone to cross-dresser heaven. A size 10 foot?? Do you realize, if you were a GG and had two pregnancies, you'd be up to a size 12. They say each pregnancy adds a shoe size! I have to settle for a size 13 woman's shoe or at least a size 12 EEE. In my next life I'm coming back in a size 10 dress and size 7 shoe! And, 5'6"

Linda Stockings
04-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Shoes seem to be be the only thing I can get to fit easily - women's 8 1/2 or 9, especially in heels. I love dresses, skirts, suits, blouses, you name it. But gee, they fit me like I'm a guy. I'm only 5'9", and about 140. But still nothing fits right. Going to try some ideas suggested ny the other girls. Linda

Cynthia Anne
04-11-2011, 04:06 PM
GEE! You have been called a bitch for wearing a size 10 shoe! I wonder what that makes me in my size 8 and 9 heel!

FAVORITE HEELS
04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I started the thread with size 10 then added the heels to it but meant both.Well the shoes fitting you is really over half of it.They have lots or 8-9's.I find the dresses size 8 that run big fit me as long as theres spandex lycra in them .You should try a 10 skirt and blouse with buttons those help me a bunch. one I am wearing a satin silky blouse is a right now it fits and its a large.This is my First time dressed and posting at the same time OHHH!!!)In.skirts I wear a 10 .Dresses 8 (some give needed) I havde on 51/4 black kid leather heels on for 2 hours now they have been very compliant at stretching for me.I have a camel and red pair just like them waiting for the same process of having them on for 1 then 2 then 3 hours seems to be good to do alot of different things while wearing takes your mind off the numbness.HaHa!

Jill Devine
04-11-2011, 05:03 PM
My problem is that I am more of a 10.5
Most size tens fit me a little tight; size eleven is a little loose. Go figure.

Jamie48
04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I hate you...Just Kidding.. You are so lucky..

JohnH
04-11-2011, 05:11 PM
My woman's size for shoes is 10.5 W. If I had to choose between 10 and 11 I would take 10.

My dress size is 18 or 20; however, I have breasts and hips so that dresses fit me OK.

Johanna

Eryn
04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
I count myself lucky to be a woman's 11, but that means that in most places shopping is not a matter of selecting the shoes I want and then looking for my size, but rather of going through the rows of boxes, picking out the few in my size, and seeing what is available.

Dresses? don't go there! Size 12 upstairs, size 8 downstairs. Luckily, I'm old enough that form-fitting isn't really wanted or needed.

msginaadoll
04-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I wear a size 9 or 10 in womens. I also wear a size 9 in mens shoes. My goal this year is also to get down to a size 9 in skirts!!!

msginaadoll
04-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Opps I mean a size 10!

Donna June
04-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I won't tell you what size I wear because if you hate her for fitting into a 10 then you'll really despise me :)

briannad
04-11-2011, 06:47 PM
well I wear a 9 or 9.5, mainly 9...10 are just like one finger thickness too large but then again I am only 5'6" :(

Tina P Hose
04-11-2011, 07:37 PM
mainly 9.5 for me. now if I could find a gurl, to dress with !

Anon18
04-11-2011, 09:37 PM
I have found the same thing, Paula. I wear a men's size 10.5 or 11 (depending on the shoe), and have found the best women's shoe sizes to be 10W or 11 regular width. The 10W is the better, actually. I suspect that there is some size inflation going on with shoes, just as for clothing.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I can wear a size 10 dress only if I cut the seams. :( Shoes 10 or 9 but dress..shhhhhhh

sissystephanie
04-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I wear size 10 Medium ladies shoes, and have for many years! Unfortunately, my dress size is larger! Oh well, they fit well!! BTW, I buy most of my shoes in department stores like Nordstroms or Dillards and have them properly fitted!

Diane Smith
04-11-2011, 11:21 PM
My most common shoe size is 9.5 now -- my feet actually got smaller when I lost weight a few years back. Occasionally I need a 10.

I do fit into some size 10 dresses as well, but 12 is more my "normal" size.

- Diane

docrobbysherry
04-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Target and Ross lots of 11.s now

Said the girl who wears size 10! NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE has a large selection of sexy womens size 10 1/2, and up! Unless u go on line!
I needed a sexy pair of red heels for DLV. Pay Less? Target? Ross? Marshalls? Macy's? Nordstrom rack? Yeah, they ALL had size 11's. 6 pairs each!

I ended up taking 2 pairs of size 10s that I can get into. Because they were CUTE! And, after wearing them for a few evenings, I got compliments, but my feet DIED! Groan!

FAVORITE HEELS
04-11-2011, 11:33 PM
I perfer the department stores as well so I can exchange them if necc.Zappos online has been good but they are pricey, my guess is they offer free shipping and add that to the cost of there shoes Do you find your dress size to be smaller than your skirt size? I do

5150 Girl
04-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Put me down as anohter 10. Although I do have a few 9's.
Dresses, it depends, anywhere from a 14 to an 18 depending on how it's made. My wedding dress I just got is a 16 (if I keep this one) but my fave casual dress is an 18.

steph1964
04-12-2011, 12:02 AM
I usually wear a 10, but just got a pair of heels online in size 10 and they are too big. I'm only 5'5".

andrea69j
04-12-2011, 12:05 AM
I am feeling so lucky to be able to fit in a womens size 10 heel.My choices in shoes are endless.They have my size most of the time since there are mostly 7-9 sold to GG's.

Bitch :heehee: - I am still trying to find a local store within 100 miles that carries 16s. I want to try them on before I buy. Not comfortable ordering off the web just yet.

Kimberly Michelle
04-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Always wished I had smaller feet but after reading this thread, I guess I am rather lucky at a size 10 shoe and 8/10 clothing.

Maria in heels
04-12-2011, 05:09 AM
I won't tell you what size I wear because if you hate her for fitting into a 10 then you'll really despise me :)

you know, I'm starting to be so jealous of the two of you....June, you don't have to tell me your size, I already can see...I wouldn't have a corner of the basement for my shoes, I would have the WHOLE thing...I'm so depressed right now <sigh> good thing that I have on my SW platform almond toe pumps now...ahhhh

FAVORITE HEELS
04-12-2011, 08:25 AM
OK now thats a shoe collection Marian!!!!! Well done.

FAVORITE HEELS
04-12-2011, 08:26 AM
KM you look terrific and the sizes you wear fit you well.

FAVORITE HEELS
04-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Do they have them in 9 1/2?

sarac
04-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi, I'm also lucky although I'm tall i have both small hands and feet. I wear a size 9 shoe also. I find you can even wear smaller if you try open toe slingbacks with stockings of course.

dilane
04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
My problem is that I am more of a 10.5
Most size tens fit me a little tight; size eleven is a little loose. Go figure.

Jill,

Get yourself a pair of inexpensive shoe stretchers.

Size 10 shoes are snug on me, but after stretching a few days, they're perfect. Every day, turn the screw just a bit more, it's a gradual process.

Avoid cloth and patent leather, and other man-made materials -- they don't stretch.
Thin leather and especially suede stretch very well. Thicker leather takes a lot longer to stretch, but stretch they will.

-- Diane

FAVORITE HEELS
04-12-2011, 04:29 PM
I kind of like being the shoe stretcher when I can spend the time in them.I dont know if my feet are in agreeance sometimes.

skirtsuit
04-12-2011, 04:48 PM
One of the reasons I like Nine West is they often stock size 10.5, becasue that's often what fits me best.

BTW, I can comfortably wear most size 8 skirt suits, top & bottom!

All the Best,
SS

PS - I haven't been out in ages. Can I change my femme name?
I was thinkinf either Dot or Midge, maybe...

Lori B
04-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I wear a 10-1/2 in a mens shoe,,but need extra wide with or a 11 in a womans shoe

Darlene-VA
04-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I am lucky that I wear a size 10 and have never had a problem finding shoes, actually I just came back from my local Kohl's with a new pair of round toe black platform 4 inch heels that were $49.99 on sale for $29.99 so it was an excellent night to try on shoes and buy a pair on sale

FAVORITE HEELS
04-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Yes it seems as the 10's are around abit longer when all the smaller sizes are quickly bought up.I love my rounded toe shoes easy to break in thats for sure.i never found any shoes i like at kohls though.Nice dress and pumps darlene!!

VioletJourney
04-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I also wear a size 10... in both men's and women's. I ordered my first pair of shoes online in size 11 recently, because I assumed women's sizes were smaller, but it turns out they're about the same, at least for me. Those 11's were too big.

FAVORITE HEELS
04-12-2011, 10:43 PM
I have heard the several times now 10 mens and womens then at 10 1/2 mens the womens 11 fits better

Kathy4ever
04-13-2011, 03:38 AM
I second a vote for target. I think I should wear 10.5, but I can't seem to find them. I do luv Targets 11's and they do give you some nice choices in that size, Thank god I'm not bigger so I feel yall's pain that are bigger. The smaller the size the better with choices. I've seen lots of sandle wedges I would luv to have but the biggest is 9.5. I just have to keep looking and maybe I'll find them in my size.
I can fit into a size 11 and was very surprised to find some fantastic heels in that size at Target! of all places.

tina

FAVORITE HEELS
04-13-2011, 08:28 AM
I find the shoe warehouse stores like DSW and OFF Broadway have 10.5 and 11 from time to time but not al styles.I got a really cute wedge t strap tan sandle with 5 inch wood stacked wedge heel in size 10 they fit perfect.I happened to notice an 11 in the stack.I like those stores since they are self serve.I have however gotten much more comfortable asking for size 10 at Maceys

TGMarla
04-13-2011, 08:47 AM
I, too, wear a size 10 women's shoe. And I feel lucky and blessed that my feet aren't lots larger. There is a better selection as long as you can stay at about an 11 or under.

Leslie Langford
04-13-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't know if my feet have gotten smaller over the years or if the difference is that all the shoes we buy seem to be imported from China these days, but I used to wear a Size 10 and now I regularly wear a Size 9 and occasionally Size 9 1/2 in women's shoes.

The good news is that there is plenty of choice in those sizes. The bad news is that being a shoe-a-holic, I tend to get carried away with my shoe purchases because of the large availability. The other bad news is that many women these days also seem to wear shoes in that size range, so those particular aisles in the self service stores are usually crowded with GG's when I go there. By way of comparison, you could usually fire off a cannon in the aisles carrying shoes in Sizes 6 1/2, 7, 7 1/2 and often 8 and not hit anyone...

FAVORITE HEELS
04-13-2011, 10:12 AM
A Shoe-a-holic you say? yes I am one too.I do so enjoy shopping for shoes.I have found being comfortable shopping is a huge trill for me.Do you find you buy the shoes that you love then try to find something a(outfit) to wear with them?I have had alot of close to completing the purchase moments ,then I talk myself out of the pink Steve Madden 6 inch platform t strap sandles telling myself what am I going to wear with those.Thats my way of not buying every pair of sexy shoes I see!!

FAVORITE HEELS
04-13-2011, 10:16 AM
I like the way the sandles look in the smaller sizes like 10 and 9 1/2.I also noticed the heels are taller on the larger sizes this makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!That extra heel height also makes your foot when heeled appear smaller.

AKAMichelle
04-13-2011, 12:15 PM
rub it in. We are going to hate you enough that you can wear those shoes we want to wear, but now you will probably bring up the fact that you wear a size 10 clothes as well. Then it is all over - we will hate you. <LOL>

LoriAnn_CD
04-13-2011, 03:03 PM
as so many others on line I also wear a 10. I find that Burlington coat factory has a great selection of shoes many up to size 13. Plenty of heels that are 4-5 inches. AND BOOTS from ankle to above the knee. The prices are also great! Luv to all.

FAVORITE HEELS
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the info! I forget about Burlington they did have some nice styles last time I looked there .At the time I was not crossdressing and looking work heels for my wife.I like 4-5 inch heels and a few 5 1/4 inchers that I can weather fairly well.Now in plaform fronts ,Pumps peep toe, and sandals we are tolerating 6 inch heels.You can really feel the difference when you are pushing that much shoe through the air as opposed to the sleeker pumps with no platform(Much lighter i think)

FAVORITE HEELS
04-13-2011, 04:04 PM
I know its bad but I have to be honest and get it over I am a size ten suit, large blouses and even luckier to fit in a size 8 dress.Hate me but I like the place and the people nonetheless.

Savanna
04-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Sorry girls, but I can wear a size 10 shoe also. But, please don't hate me too much. I could only wish to ever fit into a size 10 in a dress, skirt or top. I'm more of a 14-16 with clothes. I at least feel lucky that I'm not too big and can fit into sizes that are generally available. Anything that doesn't come in my size is something I probably have no business wearing at my age anyway. :heehee:

I probably am really more of a 10 1/2. But, it seems that most shoes don't offer half sizes past 9 1/2. I'm also really better off with a wide width. Those aren't always available either and don't work for me in some styles. I have a wide foot but a very narrow heel - (sort of duck feet). That's not really a problem in a shoe that comes across the top of my foot or around by ankle like a sandal, t-strap, or sling back. It also doesn't matter with a slide or wedge. But, it can be a problem in pumps, (my favorites). If the shoe is wide enough, my heel keeps slipping out especially in hose. I've tried pads in the heel. That only helps a little. So, in a pump, I tend to go with a medium width and wait for a break in stretch for the lower section.

There's a nice little video on YouTube about stretching shoes with ice. I haven't tried it yet but plan to on my next new pair of pumps with leather uppers. I wonder if anyone here has tried this technique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5mJ7aR2t8

FAVORITE HEELS
04-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Today I am wearing a Marine blue layered look dress with my Black rago open bottom girdle.Havent picked the stockindgs yet I will be breaking in new size 10 almond toe 3 1/4 kid pumps as well

jenniferoonus
04-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I am not sure I am lucky or unlucky...I am extremely petite as a man, I am only 5 ft, 103 lbs, wear size 0 or 2 ladies clothes, size 6 shoes. my waist line is 28. I feel awful as a man but feel extremely comfortable as a lady.
So, am I lucky or unlucky? you decide...

Morford
04-16-2011, 11:16 PM
I guess I'm kind of lucky in that, while I wear a size 11 shoe in men's, a women's 12 tends to fit me perfectly. I'd always heard the rule of thumb was two to two and a half sizes larger.

Still, it's near-impossible to find a women's 12 in any brick-and-mortar store. Almost all of my girl shoes have been ordered online from Payless.

jacky83
04-17-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm the same height & shoe size as Martha Stewart. She may rub people the wrong way but I love her fashion , crafts & recipes!!!

FAVORITE HEELS
04-17-2011, 05:57 PM
WOW If the Gurls hate me for being a size 10 shoe 8 dress and 10 suite what must they think of YOU at size 0-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and size 6 shoes (Those are so cute I love small size shoes with KILLER HEELS))
I am not sure I am lucky or unlucky...I am extremely petite as a man, I am only 5 ft, 103 lbs, wear size 0 or 2 ladies clothes, size 6 shoes. my waist line is 28. I feel awful as a man but feel extremely comfortable as a lady.
So, am I lucky or unlucky? you decide...

jenniferoonus
04-18-2011, 10:04 PM
You bet, most ladies are extremely jealous and my lady friends have been asking me how I maintain my figure... The funniest thing is that THEY ALL ARE NOT AWARE THAT I AM NOT ONE OF THEM! (:

WOW If the Gurls hate me for being a size 10 shoe 8 dress and 10 suite what must they think of YOU at size 0-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and size 6 shoes (Those are so cute I love small size shoes with KILLER HEELS))