PDA

View Full Version : Another step forward

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Lately my business partners have been asking why they hardly ever see me. I spend a lot of time working from home or on clients sites.

Well this morning I told one of them about me and gave him my permission to tell the rest of the staff. So I am out at work now, well at least to my coworkers.

Stupid or brave, I don't know but at least I don't have to lie anymore. A strange feeling of relief soon followed.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens now, nothing has been said so far and I have spoken to the Office several times.

Wish me luck.

Rachael. :)

ladyfydiana
09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
That was a brave thing you did Rachael and I am happy for you.Let us know what happens at work.

Diana

Wendy me
09-27-2005, 09:27 AM
well cool as it probly scared the hell out of you to do and at the same time felt so good to let it out ....i hope it all works out well for you ....huge wendy hugs to you...

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 09:28 AM
That was a brave thing you did Rachael and I am happy for you.Let us know what happens at work.

Diana

Thanks Diana, I will let you know.

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 09:29 AM
well cool as it probly scared the hell out of you to do and at the same time felt so good to let it out ....i hope it all works out well for you ....huge wendy hugs to you...

Cheers Wendy, I did tremble somewhat, but the deed is done now.

Hugs, Rachael. :)

parris james
09-27-2005, 11:21 AM
:cheer: Way to go love

Julie York
09-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Good luck!!

Maybe when you feel brave enough you could do the "Tadaaa method" at work.

(Hey I must copyright that term!!) :D

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-27-2005, 11:30 AM
That was a brave thing you did! :hugs:

Hopefully all will be for the best. After reading an account (http://www.laceyleigh.com/Commentary.html) by Lacey Leigh about attending a industry conference (where's she well-known in the field) after being outed by a rival, I've got more hope than people may be more accepting than we give them credit for.

According to Lacey "There was no gathering of little cliques to scoff and point. No exclusion, no cold shoulders, no barely concealed contempt." So she took the bull by the horns and wrote on the margin of her conference badge, "If you're curious, ASK." And people did. She ended up talking with a lot of people who were curious and that apparently all took it well (except the rival who hoped to ruin her). So well that "The night of the gala they asked, in all seriousness (and, perhaps, a bit of eager curiosity), "Why didn't you wear a gown for our final evening?" Not out of derision, but from a place of complete acceptance - concerned that I might no longer be comfortable in a coat and tie for the convention's final event."

Even if your co-workers aren't quite that accepting, it sounds like you're relieved not to be hiding a secret anymore. I guess part of the moral of the tale is that Lacey didn't act like she had something to be ashamed of, so others didn't treat as if were shameful. As you probably told them, this is who you are -- and you deserve to be treated like anyone else.

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 11:34 AM
:cheer: Way to go love

Thanks for your support Paris.

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Good luck!!

Maybe when you feel brave enough you could do the "Tadaaa method" at work.

(Hey I must copyright that term!!) :D

Thanks Julie, I hope not to have to do that though!

Tamara Croft
09-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Well done Rachael :cheer: here's to the future and all the luck in the world :hugs:

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 11:49 AM
That was a brave thing you did! :hugs:

Hopefully all will be for the best. After reading an account (http://www.laceyleigh.com/Commentary.html) by Lacey Leigh about attending a industry conference (where's she well-known in the field) after being outed by a rival, I've got more hope than people may be more accepting than we give them credit for.

According to Lacey "There was no gathering of little cliques to scoff and point. No exclusion, no cold shoulders, no barely concealed contempt." So she took the bull by the horns and wrote on the margin of her conference badge, "If you're curious, ASK." And people did. She ended up talking with a lot of people who were curious and that apparently all took it well (except the rival who hoped to ruin her). So well that "The night of the gala they asked, in all seriousness (and, perhaps, a bit of eager curiosity), "Why didn't you wear a gown for our final evening?" Not out of derision, but from a place of complete acceptance - concerned that I might no longer be comfortable in a coat and tie for the convention's final event."

Even if your co-workers aren't quite that accepting, it sounds like you're relieved not to be hiding a secret anymore. I guess part of the moral of the tale is that Lacey didn't act like she had something to be ashamed of, so others didn't treat as if were shameful. As you probably told them, this is who you are -- and you deserve to be treated like anyone else.

Hi Darla, thanks for the reply.

You are on the nail, I felt sick of hiding and not being 100% truthfull.

At the end of the day what have I to be ashamed of, nothing, It isn't my fault.

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Well done Rachael :cheer: here's to the future and all the luck in the world :hugs:

Thanks Tamara, one step at a time, baby steps, my mother next. ;)

Although Mum did walk into my office and see the wigs, shoes, skirts, makeup and Pink Wellies scattered around the other day, so that one shouldn't be hard!

I really must tidy up my act!

Bonnie D
09-27-2005, 01:10 PM
I hope all goes well for you Rachael,

The few times I was able to work at home, I can't now because my job doesn't allow it, but I would get all dressed and sit at my computer and work. I would do household chores too and just spend the day en femme until it was time to pick up my wife at work. Then it was back to my drab self. I loved those days when I could work at home en femme. I envy you.

Good luck with your mom.

Bonnie

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 01:20 PM
I hope all goes well for you Rachael,

The few times I was able to work at home, I can't now because my job doesn't allow it, but I would get all dressed and sit at my computer and work. I would do household chores too and just spend the day en femme until it was time to pick up my wife at work. Then it was back to my drab self. I loved those days when I could work at home en femme. I envy you.

Good luck with your mom.

Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie, it is great when I can do it.

What is even better is that I can often chat to my sisters while I work!

Hugs, Racheal. :)

Natalie x
09-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Wonderful, Rachael, well done. :thumbsup:

Shelly Preston
09-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Rachael
This sounds almost too scary for words

I hope everthing is ok when the dust settles

Best Wishes for the Future

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Wonderful, Rachael, well done. :thumbsup:

Thanks Natalie.

Brenda M
09-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Congratulations on making a BIG move. How much weight came off your shoulders?

This may go smoother than you think. You are very brave.

Brenda

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Rachael
This sounds almost too scary for words

I hope everthing is ok when the dust settles

Best Wishes for the Future

Thanks Shelly, lets just say it wasn't the easyest thing I have ever done!

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Congratulations on making a BIG move. How much weight came off your shoulders?

This may go smoother than you think. You are very brave.

Brenda

Thanks Brenda, a lot of weight was lifted.

The way I look at it is this, a small business is a partnership, similar to a marriage, so there is no room for secrets!

Tiffy
09-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Rach, you are so brave. Be strong girl this may be a very good thing for you. I wish I had your guts. I was scared to death last week just telling my grandmother. Keep your head up love and please keep us posted.

Love, April

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Rach, you are so brave. Be strong girl this may be a very good thing for you. I wish I had your guts. I was scared to death last week just telling my grandmother. Keep your head up love and please keep us posted.

Love, April

Don't Worry April I will keep you posted.

I don't see it as brave, more honest is you get my drift.

Priscilla1018
09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Way cool sister.Keep up The Good Work.

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Way cool sister.Keep up The Good Work.

Cheers, Priscilla, just one more step on my strange trip!

Lisa Maren
09-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Hi Rachael

I wish I had your guts! Well done.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's gone well (at least with most people) but whatever happens we're here for you.

Hugs,
Lisa

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi Rachael

I wish I had your guts! Well done.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's gone well (at least with most people) but whatever happens we're here for you.

Hugs,
Lisa

Thanks, Lisa that means a lot to me, I know my sisters are here for me and it's you girls that have given me the courage to do this in the first place.

paulaN
09-27-2005, 04:50 PM
way to go. you are very brave and remember we"re all pullen for ya.

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 04:54 PM
way to go. you are very brave and remember we"re all pullen for ya.

Thanks Paula, I just know you are!

.samantha.
09-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Im very proud of you Rachael :hugs: just never wear those welly gogs in public :D

Kimberly
09-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Wish me luck.
I offer all the luck you may need... Be defiant and proud of who you are, and I don't seriously think that you will have any major problems. xx

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Im very proud of you Rachael :hugs: just never wear those welly gogs in public :D

Sammi, for you they are retired from public view. :D

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 05:36 PM
I offer all the luck you may need... Be defiant and proud of who you are, and I don't seriously think that you will have any major problems. xx

Thanks Kimberly, all support is openly welcomed!

mand
09-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Hello Rachel :) It is a very brave thing to do but it also became the right thing to do for yourself as well ;)

my very best wishes, mand xxx :)

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Hello Rachel :) It is a very brave thing to do but it also became the right thing to do for yourself as well ;)

my very best wishes, mand xxx :)

Thanks Mand, I felt it the only thing to do!

I have thought about this for weeks, and now have done it!

Thanks for your kind words.

Lauren_T
09-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Well, Rachael, it's been my experience that the brave thing to do is that much easier when it's also the right thing... :thumbsup: :cool:

Rachael Warren
09-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, Rachael, it's been my experience that the brave thing to do is that much easier when it's also the right thing... :thumbsup: :cool:

Thanks Lauren, I feel I have done the right thing for the right reasons, but there is that shadow of doubt.

Sarah Ellis
09-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Rachael, well done. I'm pleased for you. Must be one hell of a weight off your mind. Go for it and be happy. :twirl: :cheer: :hugs:

Just don't wear those wellies at any festivals... lol

Satin x

Di
09-27-2005, 08:11 PM
How very brave of you. Keep your head held high...well done. Hugs Leta

Olivia
09-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Way to go Rachael!! Yes, you were very bold and brave and yes, I bet you did feel a lot of relief after telling. Here's hoping that you have no trouble over this! I'm proud of and for you girl. Olivia

Rachael Warren
09-28-2005, 01:23 AM
Rachael, well done. I'm pleased for you. Must be one hell of a weight off your mind. Go for it and be happy. :twirl: :cheer: :hugs:

Just don't wear those wellies at any festivals... lol

Satin x

Thanks Satin, I am very relieved and I won't be wearing the Wellies in public!

Rachael Warren
09-28-2005, 01:25 AM
How very brave of you. Keep your head held high...well done. Hugs Leta

Thanks Leta, I will be as usual, what have I got to be ashamed of.

Rachael Warren
09-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Way to go Rachael!! Yes, you were very bold and brave and yes, I bet you did feel a lot of relief after telling. Here's hoping that you have no trouble over this! I'm proud of and for you girl. Olivia

Thanks Olivia, I hope so too.

Mx Justina
09-28-2005, 02:39 AM
Lately my business partners have been asking why they hardly ever see me. I spend a lot of time working from home or on clients sites.

Well this morning I told one of them about me and gave him my permission to tell the rest of the staff. So I am out at work now, well at least to my coworkers.

Stupid or brave, I don't know but at least I don't have to lie anymore. A strange feeling of relief soon followed.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens now, nothing has been said so far and I have spoken to the Office several times.

Wish me luck.

Where your livelihood is concerned, for you or any CD/TS in your situation, I would perceive it as brave... Particularly due to how unpredictable humans can be. Over the long-run though, it's a personal positive.

J.

Rachael Warren
09-28-2005, 02:43 AM
Thanks Justina, only time will tell.

IMHO truth is allways the best policy.

ChristineRenee
09-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Very kewl Rach! I bet you'll discover that this won't make a bit of difference to them. If they are good enough friends to begin with...they will stick by ya!;)

Rachael Warren
09-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Very kewl Rach! I bet you'll discover that this won't make a bit of difference to them. If they are good enough friends to begin with...they will stick by ya!;)

Thanks Chrissy, I am sure you are right.

I popped into the office today, both partners were there and nothing was said, business as usual!

Hugs, Rachael. :D

cd_isabelle
09-28-2005, 07:08 PM
well done racheal, that was very brave.

i wish you all the best in the future and you never know, you might not be the only girl in there in that situation, there are many of us out there.

well done again,

kisses,

cd_isabelle

Rachael Warren
09-28-2005, 09:55 PM
well done racheal, that was very brave.

i wish you all the best in the future and you never know, you might not be the only girl in there in that situation, there are many of us out there.

well done again,

kisses,

cd_isabelle

I Know what you mean Isabelle, and the rest are free to join me.

Rachael Warren
09-29-2005, 01:34 PM
I had to go to a meeting with a potential new client today, suit and tie job. :(

On the way, my colegue asked if we could have a general meeting about my gender issue at some point, other than that all was as usual.

The big thing was just now, my mother arived unexpectedly and just walked into my office, I was dressed in a skirt and top, and didn't hide. A few minutes of conversation followed, and she hadn't noticed what I was dressed in!

I actually pointed it out and she asked what am I dressing up for!

Well I have had a long talk with her now about my issues and hopefully put her mind at ease. She seemed to be trying to blame herself which of course is completely wrong.

To top that off, my sister then walked in to see the kittens, she didn't notice what I was wearing either, and I didn't have the heart to tell her!

A very strange evening!

Baby steps, or leaps???

Wendy me
09-29-2005, 01:41 PM
omg girlfreind you just keep on going just tike that crossdressing bunny.....wow...

Lauren_T
09-29-2005, 01:50 PM
...like dominoes falling, seems like... :thumbsup:

Rachael Warren
09-29-2005, 05:01 PM
omg girlfreind you just keep on going just tike that crossdressing bunny.....wow...

Thanks Wendy, I was planning to do this anyway, circumstances just made it happen quicker!

Huge Manx Hugs, Rachael. :)

Rachael Warren
09-29-2005, 05:02 PM
...like dominoes falling, seems like... :thumbsup:

Five so far Lauren, how many more to follow?

Lauren_T
09-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Five so far Lauren, how many more to follow?

Hugs, Rachael. :)Ah, but only you know that answer... :)

Rachael Warren
09-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Ah, but only you know that answer... :)

For me I am allready out to the world, just not to my own community ;)

One step at a time, baby steps!

Brenda M
09-30-2005, 09:36 AM
[SIZE=3]Things are progressing pretty well it sounds like to me. I admire you for your strength. I am sure this is going to be a pivotal time in your life!

Continued good luck.

Brenda

Rachael Warren
09-30-2005, 11:46 AM
[SIZE=3]Things are progressing pretty well it sounds like to me. I admire you for your strength. I am sure this is going to be a pivotal time in your life!

Continued good luck.

Brenda

Thanks Brenda, I'm sure you are right.

Rachael Warren
09-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Well today I had the big meeting with my two partners.

All went very well, they were understanding and supportive.

The main question seemed to be what I want them to say if anyone asks about me directly. I told them that this is highly unlikely to happen as I don't intend to dress at work and others who know of me are in the same boat. If it does happen I asked them to refer the question to me directly!

The related and expected question came next, "what would it do to the business if you are found out?" My reply was simply, what business is it of others what I do in my private life, I'm not doing anything wrong! That put that to bed very quickly. One even admitted he had pictures of himself crossdressed at partys etc.

I explained who and what I am and why I had told them, everything was accepted and my honesty appreciated.

So there you have it, all in all an anticlimax.

Now, who to tell next? :rolleyes:

Wendy me
09-30-2005, 12:24 PM
veary well done ....girlfreind you rock.....

Rachael Warren
09-30-2005, 12:39 PM
veary well done ....girlfreind you rock.....

Thanks Wendy, glad to have got that out of the way! ;)

Brenda M
10-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Okay Rachael!

Your confidance must be at an all time high!

Stand back everyone and let the lady through!

Brenda

MsEva
10-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Wow!
You truly are a brave girl. I admire your tenacity. Good show. I am only out to a select few. I think others have some idea but they have never brought it up. So pseudo closeted I remain.

Rachael Warren
10-02-2005, 03:23 AM
Okay Rachael!

Your confidance must be at an all time high!

Stand back everyone and let the lady through!

Brenda

Thanks Brenda, you may be right.

I am more relaxed now than ever before, and that is a biggie!

Rachael Warren
10-02-2005, 03:25 AM
Wow!
You truly are a brave girl. I admire your tenacity. Good show. I am only out to a select few. I think others have some idea but they have never brought it up. So pseudo closeted I remain.

Thans Eva, I think it gets less difficult after the first out, the rest just follows along.

You need to be brave for the first one though, my colegue told me I was shaking like a leaf when I first told him!

Rachael Warren
10-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Add my brother and sister to the list too now.

It was quite refreshing to get a phone call warning me that my brother was coming to ours with his girlfriend!

Rachael.

Lauren_T
10-21-2005, 02:21 PM
:clap: :^5: :thumbup: !!

Rachael Warren
10-23-2005, 07:27 AM
More news, Freya told my sister in-law yesterday, and now my brother in-law knows too.

She was cool about it, just a little annoyed we hadn't told her sooner.

Apparently she Said that it broadens her choice of Christmas presents for me. http://crossdresserclub.com/home/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I can't wait till Christmas!

I also met another "Girl" face to face last weekend, I went to her house dressed, and we yapped for a couple of hours, it was fun.

Di
10-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Leaps and bounds.......very proud of you....a brave girl you both are....hugs to you both love ya Di

NylonMan
10-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Wow Rachael, I'm jealous, I wish I had your guts. Great job, now if you want you can dress when ever you want and in front of who ever you want. Your sister and your sister-in-law could be a lot of fun for you now, you can go clubbing with them.

NylonMan