PDA

View Full Version : Time for Something Funny

EllieOPKS
04-12-2011, 11:32 AM
OK. Let me start by re-stating I am still very closeted. I am getting more adventurous, thanks to all of the supportive comments I have read on the forums towards others. With that being said, let me set the stage.
I went to the lake for a long weekend to relax and get away. There was practically no one in the campground so I enjoyed the entire weekend dressed in skirts and tops and such. When I left the lake, I decided to take the adventurous route by driving most of the way home completely dressed but without makeup or a wig. Something I have never tried out of fear. Important note: It was blowing a gail when I left the lake. Well, Everything is going great for the first hour. I decide to hit a drive thru at a burger king for lunch. I was a little nervous because my top had little sequins on it and I thought that might be an eye catcher but I was bravely going thru with this cause I mean after all, I had just spent 3 wonderful days dressed up. I calmly order my whopper meal and pull forward to get my sandwich. The kid at the window says "$6.87" I calmly hand him a twenty. He hands me my drink, makes change and hands it to me. THIS IS WHEN IT HAPPENED! He hands me my change, a 10, a few ones and some coins. As I reach for it the wind blows the bills out our hands. I jump out of my truck and chase the money down. As I pick up the 10 I suddenly become aware I'm in a skirt that is about to blow over my head. I hightail it back to my truck only to realize I inadvertently locked the door (solely out of habit). Now I race to rear of the truck feel around under the bumper and find my spare key. I breathe a sigh of relief that my mini-nightmare is over when I hear "When you get done running in circles, I have your sandwich and fries" From the drive up window. I thought WTF, walked calmly back to the window and took my sandwich. I got in my truck drove about 2 blocks, stopped and asked myself - exactly what just happened. I guess I am officially out now. I laughed at myself the rest of the way home.
If you were sitting inside the burger king, it had to have been entertaining at the least. Keystone cops aint got nothing on me.
Ellie

steph1964
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm laughing my a** off, which isn't great since i'm in a library. Fact is that you will never see those people again and you got a great story out of it.

kimdl93
04-12-2011, 11:42 AM
well, now you know how much money it would take for you to come out: $13.13 Anyone into numerology might find significance in that!

EllieOPKS
04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Steph, I am glad it made you laugh. Kim - How incredible is the numbers LOL! I never gave that a second thought until now.

Elizabeth Ann
04-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Ellie,

Thanks for the hilarious story. I am glad that you can "laugh in the face of adversity."

Liz

Rita C.
04-12-2011, 11:56 AM
I would like to have a fly on the wall with a camera, I could have won the $100,000 prize on AFV

Wendy_Marie
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
stories like this are only funny when they happen to someone else...glad you enjoyed your weekend anyway...

joandher
04-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Sounds like you had a fun day,where there many behind you watching this happen

Hugs J-JAY xx

Jenniferca
04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
If you looked up the word "cluster_ _ _ _" in the dictionary, your story would appear. That was too much!! LMAO I go out at least once a week...never again! :-)

Deanna B
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
hi honey . that was a fantastic story and so funny i think i would of die . i am glad you had a great weekend . love deanna b

Kathi Lake
04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Ellie, Love it!!

It's funny that after a time of 'getting used to it' that we occasionally don't realize that we are dressed 'differently.' I remember one time when I responded to a car accident outside the shop where I was trying on clothes. I totally didn't realize until I felt some of the snow melt into my pumps, and then realized I was running around in pumps, fully-dressed as a woman. Gulp!

So, how did the Burger King guy act when you retrieved your food?

:)

Kathi

EllieOPKS
04-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Joann - Yeah there was several cars waiting because I only pulled forward far enough to get my door open. Good plan on part, right?

Jennifer - Don't let my experience drive you back inside. LOL! What are the odds of that happening again?

Kathy - You are totally right. I was so comfortable I did not register with me that I was dressed until it was way too late. The burger king guy was light hearted with a huge grin on his face. I think he was blushing.

Rita - Thanks for planting the thought in my mind that someone inside may have recorded this on a cell phone. I figure I will be able to go to sleep again some time around Friday or Saturday thinking about a YouTube video. It will probably be labeled "A Cluster _ _ _ _

Cynthia Anne
04-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Only a KC GIRL could make me laugh like that! 13.13 change may sound unlucky and bad, But it was good enough to get you outed! Thank you for a great laugh!

t-girlxsophie
04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Sometimes you just gotta Laugh at yourself,and in the future,when you have accomplished all your goals,and you recall that time when you started out,it will give you a good chuckle

Sophie

Josie M
04-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Sounds like you handled it well :) When the "wheels come off the wagon" that bad, all you can really do is just go with it.

Raychel
04-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Well I will bet that got your heart pounding a bit. But it sounds just like something I would do. :lol2:

Dealight
04-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Whooo! What a great story! It sounds exactly like something that would happen to me!!!!
And now you know...you CAN go out...and you CAN wear what you like and feel good about it...no matter what happens...... :)

Thanks for sharing that great story...it made my night!

Jeannie
04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
OMG!! I would have been absolutely horrified and frozen with shock. I don't have a spare key so I would be in big trouble, but more likely some lucky person would have found some money because I would have just drove off in a very big cloud of dust.

Jeannie

Steph.TS
04-12-2011, 08:31 PM
I envy your bravery, I wish I could get away and be myself with no worries, let ones going thru a drive through in sequins and a skirt! I hope you continue in your bravery.

AKAMichelle
04-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I may be laughing for weeks now about this one.

Bethany38
04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Ellie all I can say is you handled that with grace and style. You also put one hell of a smile on my face. All in all it sounds like you had a good weekend though. So did this experience do anything to help you in coming the rest of the way out?

Leslie Langford
04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm laughing my a** off, which isn't great since i'm in a library. Fact is that you will never see those people again and you got a great story out of it.

Better yet, think of the great story the Burger King kid and all the other customers got out of that episode and how that must have brightened up their otherwise dull and dreary day :heehee:.

I just hope for Ellie's sake that the security cam footage of that incident doesn't end up on youtube and then goes viral...:eek::doh::heehee:

Shelby
04-12-2011, 09:57 PM
I wonder if anyone has ever chroniciled all of the interesting things that have been seen, heard or happened at a drive thru? It would make for an interesting movie.

PretzelGirl
04-12-2011, 09:57 PM
I just hope for Ellie's sake that the security cam footage of that incident doesn't end up on youtube and then goes viral...:eek::doh::heehee:

I which case she probably would have wished her skirt had blown over her head!

Excellent story! And don't worry, just another day in the life.

CaitlynRenee
04-13-2011, 06:46 AM
HILARIOUS!!!!

Let's not forget 'kudos' for the sales person either. That line was a classic and handled well.

Funny!

Jorja
04-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Hilarious!!!!! Been there done that kind of thing btw. ;)

If you can't laugh at yourself its going to be a long trip.

linda allen
04-13-2011, 07:41 AM
It's a funny story, that's true.

What I don't understand though is why you're driving completely dressed but without makeup or a wig. Why not makeup and wig? Or at least the wig?

Josie M
04-13-2011, 05:52 PM
...If you can't laugh at yourself its going to be a long trip...

I love that quote, I believe you may have just written my new e-mail signature line :)

Loni
04-13-2011, 06:28 PM
see how easy it is to just be your self. running around catching a couple bills.

now it is time to go inside to eat a burger.

Loni