PDA

View Full Version : Vivelle Dot Patch

Joan_CD
04-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi All

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum and if it is then I assume the mods will move it.

I am just about to start my hormone regimen and want to use a patch. I have a coupon good for a 30 day supply of the Vivelle Dot patch system. I am meeting with my doc on Thursday and wanted to see if anyone had experience with it. I was hoping to save a few dollars if it is a good system.

Thanks!

janelle
04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Hello Joan, My Dr. started me on the patch at a very low dose. I am now up to 1.0. Your Dr. will know where to start with any other medical issues you may or may not have. You put them on twice a week, me its Tuesday & Friday. So far all is well, smoother skin some breast growth & of coarse a tad of the mood swings. Now please note this has what has been for me & your results could be something else but I am betting the softer skin & growth will be there for sure. Enjoy hunny, it has been awesome. Good luck. tons of hugs for a awesome start for you.

Michelle I
04-13-2011, 07:17 PM
I have been on Vivelle Dot for about 4 months. At first that real tiny patch looked like it would not hep anything. But after months of being calmer, softer skin, a little bigger in the hips, I am a believer. Never had a problem with them not sticking or falling off.

Joan_CD
04-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Thank you janelle for this valuable info. Did you start at a lower dose due to health issues? I think my doc is going to start at the .1 level, but not sure. Michelle thank you also for your input. Are u also at .1 and if you are did you start there?

Thank you both soooo much!!!

Michelle I
04-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I am at the .25. My doc and I agreed to go slow, I had a heart attack about 2 years ago, I have had a lot of fears about doing something wrong. We want to take it slower than most people do, in May, my next appointment, we are going up, she said to probably .75. Congraulations, I am so glad I was able to start, even at the lower dosage.

janelle
04-13-2011, 09:13 PM
She started me at .5 because of my weight. I am now up to 1.0. Going slow is best & like it has been stated, they stay where you put it. GOOD LUCK

Joan_CD
04-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Thank you both. I am excited and hopeful. I don't have weight or health issues, so we will see how it goes!!!

Laurie Ann
04-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I have using them for about 18 months 40C and much calmer

Diane Elizabeth
04-14-2011, 11:09 PM
I have been on the patch since August. First off it is safer in that the liver doesn't get any of it. I just have to remember to replace it every Sunday and Wednesday of each week. Its great.

Aprilrain
04-15-2011, 01:41 AM
I have been on the patch since August. First off it is safer in that the liver doesn't get any of it.

This is only partially true, what you're skipping with the patch is the first pass through the liver. Since the estrogen does enter your body through the skin it does in fact go through the liver on a second pass where it is then processed for elimination. The real benefit of the patch is that there seems to be a much lower incidence of blood clots with it than with oral or injections and from my limited understanding the reasons for this are not well understood.

Teri Jean
04-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Joan, I started on the Vivelle Dot and loved it but my insurance provider wanted me to use a generic substitute. Since most of the cost was out of my pocket I went generic.

Joan_CD
04-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Thank you all for replying. I started the patch yesterday (Thursday) and am excited to see how it goes. I do notice today that I feel a bit edgy or anxious. Has anyone experienced this when they started this patch and if so, does it go away. May be a coincidence, not sure. Thanks!