PDA

View Full Version : One sticking point in explaining to my wife

Phoebe P.
04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
A big issue to my wife in my CD'ing when I first came out was she thought I was making fun of her and women which I wasn't at all. I love women, the clothes, the makeup, everything. She's a very strong woman. Her sister is close to being a feminist, but is still very much a Southern woman. They are just very protective of females in general.

Might want to keep this in mind when you are trying to explain what you want to do.

Sarah Doepner
04-12-2011, 11:38 PM
This is the most sincere form of flattery that I can come up with. Not only do I respect women, but I want to share just a little bit of what they experience in an attempt to better understand my world. I've never been happy with that view of the world through a male perspective and hope a bit of a feminine emphasis just may help make more sense. And maybe it will allow me to create priorities that do a better job of meeting my obligations and expectations.

Wendy_Marie
04-12-2011, 11:44 PM
I look at like this...every kid wants to emulate their heroes..dressing up like Superman, or some sports legend...me I prefer dressing upas Wonder Woman or even my Mom.....I worship women and like to dress like my heroes as often as possible.

Kathy4ever
04-13-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm not sure why she would think that. Maybe if looked like a clown in your makeup. Maybe just tone down your look and maybe she will except that side of you better. Has not worked for me yet. My wife seems to accept my shaving my body with no remarks. I thought that would freak her out, but it did not. The other day it was warm enough for shorts but I wore jeans. My wife said I was crazy and my sister in law said he probable not wearing shorts because he hasn't shaved like me. I said I did shave and pulled up my pants to show. My wife did not make a face or anything. I think each woman is different due to there nature. Caution is the best word when you are going to talk about your dressing habits.

A big issue to my wife in my CD'ing when I first came out was she thought I was making fun of her and women which I wasn't at all. I love women, the clothes, the makeup, everything. She's a very strong woman. Her sister is close to being a feminist, but is still very much a Southern woman. They are just very protective of females in general.

Might want to keep this in mind when you are trying to explain what you want to do.

Cynthia Anne
04-13-2011, 06:00 AM
I had a neighbor that thought I was making fun of her years ago! After our talk about about how much I loved women and making fun of them would be making fun of myself, we became best of friends!

linda allen
04-14-2011, 08:08 AM
A big issue to my wife in my CD'ing when I first came out was she thought I was making fun of her and women which I wasn't at all.

If you dressed like a street walker, I can see her point. As I read posts here about wearing tight miniskirts and 4" heels to walk around the neighborhood, I get the idea that some folks don't quite "get it".

Most of the GGs I know dress their age and only get "dolled up" for special occasions.

Joanne f
04-14-2011, 08:28 AM
If someone was trying to make fun of someone else they could do it through jesters a loan they would not need to go through the whole process of dressing up but i could see where you get into a situation where a feminist could consider anything done by a male which has female connections could be looked upon in a negative way as some take it beyond wanting the equality which they should have .
Just explain that it is the connection that you feel within yourself towards your feminine side .

Phoebe P.
04-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Oh it's not a problem now. I just thought it might help others if their SO's feel the same way.