PDA

View Full Version : Wife's funny slip of the tongue

JamieG
04-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Today my wife and I were talking, and as we often do, we made the same joke simultaneously. We laugh about how much we think alike and she says, "I'm like you as a boy, and you are me as a girl." I laugh and she blushes as she realizes that she mixed up what she wanted to say (perhaps it was a Freudian slip? :D ). She recovers with, "Well it's kind of true with our gender identity issues." I reply, "Believe me, you don't have any gender identity issues." Although she likes some things that might be considered slightly boyish (sci-fi, football, beer, rock climbing, etc.), she is all woman. She of course knows I'm a crossdresser, and has been very supportive.

erica12b
04-13-2011, 08:19 PM
you both have each other and should feel very luck , con grats best to both of you

rachaelsloane
04-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Jamie,
It is nice to hear about a couple that is thinking on the same wave length and what makes a strong relationship.
The Best,
Rachael
P.S. Love your name, it's the name of my daughter.

Phoebe P.
04-13-2011, 09:00 PM
My wife and I were out today and she saw a guy in a kilt from a local Scottish pub. She pointed him out and I said I'd keep a pair of pants in the car. She said, "I thought you'd like going out in a kilt! It's close to a skirt!". Guilty as charged!

deebra
04-14-2011, 07:15 AM
This intelligent, smart attitude that JaimeeG's wife has is what I've been hammering on for a long time. Why do so many SO'ers say no or are so negative and closed minded about their mates cding. It's just clothes that some stranger (designer) has brainwashed the public into believing he must wear this and her that, because it's fashion and I said so, so you must not stray from what I say. In a previous thread the wife was bragging on her husband for his good taste in buying her clothes. When a mate is accepting that her mate is a cd and IT AIN'T GOING AWAY they can share shopping, dressing, exchanging clothing that will just bring them closer, and it can be done in a way where it is androgenious and he's not outed to the public. So gg mates, you can accept cding and let it bring you closer or let it be a wedge to drive you apart, just remember he was born a cd just like a gay or lesbian was born in that role and "it ain't going away, it's in his brain to stay".

Cynthia Anne
04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
). She recovers with, "Well it's kind of true with our gender identity issues." I reply, "Believe me, you don't have any gender identity issues." She of course knows I'm a crossdresser, and has been very supportive.

I think its great that your wife includes herself in your 'issues'! That shows her love and support! Together you shall stand! Hugs!

docrobbysherry
04-14-2011, 10:47 AM
This intelligent, smart attitude that JaimeeG's wife has is what I've been hammering on for a long time. Why do so many SO'ers say no or are so negative and closed minded about their mates cding. It's just clothes that some stranger (designer) has brainwashed the public into believing he must wear this and her that, because it's fashion and I said so, so you must not stray from what I say. In a previous thread the wife was bragging on her husband for his good taste in buying her clothes. When a mate is accepting that her mate is a cd and IT AIN'T GOING AWAY they can share shopping, dressing, exchanging clothing that will just bring them closer, and it can be done in a way where it is androgenious and he's not outed to the public. So gg mates, you can accept cding and let it bring you closer or let it be a wedge to drive you apart, just remember he was born a cd just like a gay or lesbian was born in that role and "it ain't going away, it's in his brain to stay".

Unfortunately, Deebra, for MANY of us, it's NOT just "about clothes"!:brolleyes:

JulieC
04-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Although she likes some things that might be considered slightly boyish (sci-fi, football, beer, rock climbing, etc.), she is all woman. She of course knows I'm a crossdresser, and has been very supportive.

Jamie, forgiving me a slight thread jacking, however unintended. I just read this and thought the following to myself (not saying you or your wonderful wife are thinking this)...

Why is it a woman can have all sorts of boyish tendencies, likes, interests, fashions, etc...but still be all woman. But, if a guy has all sorts of girlish tendencies, they're not all male? Why is it if I wear a pair of heels in public I'm suddenly a non-male freak, but if a woman wears a tie it's cute? Gah. I hate society sometimes :)

Debra Russell
04-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Julie, I think they do this because to them it actually accentuates their femininity -- they can get away with it and they also enjoy it! -- they are what we wish to be (at least some times)..... GG

carhill2mn
04-14-2011, 04:16 PM
How fortunate you are to be in such a relationship!

Sophie86
04-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Today my wife and I were talking, and as we often do, we made the same joke simultaneously. We laugh about how much we think alike and she says, "I'm like you as a boy, and you are me as a girl." I laugh and she blushes as she realizes that she mixed up what she wanted to say (perhaps it was a Freudian slip? :D ).

Hahah! I love it! My wife and I do that a lot. We also do that Second Foundation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_foundation) style non-verbal communication thing. :)

MissBobbi
04-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Hi Jamie! Wonderful to hear your wife being supportive! And she loves sci-fi! Wonderful!

Why is it a woman can have all sorts of boyish tendencies, likes, interests, fashions, etc...but still be all woman. But, if a guy has all sorts of girlish tendencies, they're not all male? Why is it if I wear a pair of heels in public I'm suddenly a non-male freak, but if a woman wears a tie it's cute? Gah. I hate society sometimes :)

Very good question!

Laura-uk
04-16-2011, 02:39 AM
Hey Jamie, I gather you and your wife have an amazing relationship! I'm happy for you & what an ace story. :)

JamieG
04-16-2011, 08:37 AM
you both have each other and should feel very luck , con grats best to both of you

Jamie,
It is nice to hear about a couple that is thinking on the same wave length and what makes a strong relationship.

How fortunate you are to be in such a relationship!

Hahah! I love it! My wife and I do that a lot. We also do that Second Foundation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_foundation) style non-verbal communication thing. :)

Hi Jamie! Wonderful to hear your wife being supportive! And she loves sci-fi! Wonderful!

Hey Jamie, I gather you and your wife have an amazing relationship! I'm happy for you & what an ace story. :)

Thanks, everyone. My wife is an amazing woman and I love her dearly. However, I should mention that she was less-than-thrilled (understatement of the year!) when I first came out to her. It took both of us a lot of work for me to regain her trust and for her to be comfortable with my TG side. Even so, she still prefers not to see me en femme.

My wife and I were out today and she saw a guy in a kilt from a local Scottish pub. She pointed him out and I said I'd keep a pair of pants in the car. She said, "I thought you'd like going out in a kilt! It's close to a skirt!". Guilty as charged!

That's great. However, a kilt would be a little to boyish for me. If I'm going to wear a skirt, I want it to be pretty!

Alisa
04-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Your very lucky to be so connected!