PDA

View Full Version : farewell,girl friend

t-girlxsophie
04-13-2011, 11:17 PM
just about ten years ago I first ventured out as Sophie,to a local support group,scared and nervous,It was there I met another TV called Joanne,who was to become my best friend I always say without meeting her I wouldn't be where I am today,she took me under her wing,so to speak and together we shared many adventures life as her friend was never dull,u see jo didnt give a jot what anyone thought of her,even though she was in her 50s when we met,she still dressed like a teenager (to this day),sure ppl stared at us,but I didnt care I was out having fun with my best mate.

To cut a long story short (ish)I recieved a txt last night from her announcing her "retirement" it was on the cards for a while,I think her ducking and diving,keeping things from her wife caught up with her,I had tears in my eyes after reading it Im going to miss her so much she was a great friend to me,and also my wife.and she was my girl,we are having a sort of final hurrah,when she comes to our house and the air will be filled with reminiscing of our many fun:) and sometime pure downright mental times together,the reason I write this here (so sorry if its too depressing,forgive me) is I told her I would post a message here,just to let her know I had a blast and that I will miss her (and her white stilleto boots:heehee:)
And maybe just to let everyone here know,enjoy yourself and live your life to the fullest and dont have any regrets

Cheers:drink:Jo,love ya!

Sophie

CaitlynRenee
04-13-2011, 11:45 PM
You've been blessed, Sophie, in having a friend like Jo. I've never had a friend like that myself, sad to say. Jo, I'll say thank you for being the friend you have been to Sophie. I'll have 'vicarious' good feelings about the two of you and the fun you had together.

As we said in the Marine Corps, Semper Fi.

Cynthia Anne
04-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Such a sad story Sophie! It's so nice that you will keep these wonderful memories of a true and loving friend with you forever! Special hugs for you both!

Sara Jessica
04-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Taking the term retirement figuratively, it sounds like a purge-like situation, one which is not likely to be lasting.

Taking retirement literally, I have heard several stories of those in our community who live in the shadows, hiding their TG nature or CD'ing from their SO, knowing full well when career retirement hits, that also means the end of their TG existence (as in no more business trips, no ability to hide any longer, etc).

Regardless, although everyone's situation is different, it's still a shame. It doesn't HAVE to be this way.

Michelle 51
04-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Thats too bad Sophie.We make male friends our whole life but girlfriends like her are so hard to find especialy one who takes you under her wing like she did and helped you grow into the lady you are today.Lets hope you can still stay in touch even if you can't get out as girls anymore

Tanya C
04-14-2011, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't grieve too much Sophie. These retirements are usually short lived. (that is if I understand what you mean)
Ducking and hiding certainly gets old after a while, but quitting is a virtual impossibility. Call it taking a break.
Crossdressers dress, that will never change.

t-girlxsophie
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the replies,When I say retirement its both meanings given the choice whether to go another 10 years dressing age appropriate or quitting at the top of her game (minis and stilltoes boots and all) then for joanne theres only one choice for her.I know everyone says,it cant be given up and I am of that belief too.but When Jo says shes chucking it I believe she will,for her she doesnt fret if cant dress,once a month would be enough she only really dressed when she could get out and about,of course work retirement did affect that so I would say that was the final straw for her being joanne,certainly life will be duller for her but I feel she will stop for good could have the very odd ocassion she could come to ours for joanne time.Of course my wife and I will still keep in touch.It is a negative sometimes about friendships we make with other girls that they may not last

Sophie

SuzanneBender
04-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Sophie I am so sorry to hear about Joanne. It seems the friendships we make with our sister are typically some of the greatest and most impactful friendships of our lives and when we loose them it can be really hard. You hit the important fact in your first post we can not take these friendships for granted and we must make the most out of every second they are in our lives.

PretzelGirl
04-14-2011, 10:19 PM
I am sorry to hear that. I know I will miss each and every friendship I make if something should cause them to end. But I do have a question. You found a friend in Joanne and even without dressing, she is still that person. Is it not in the cards to continue the friendship outside of the dressing times?

t-girlxsophie
04-14-2011, 11:57 PM
I am sorry to hear that. I know I will miss each and every friendship I make if something should cause them to end. But I do have a question. You found a friend in Joanne and even without dressing, she is still that person. Is it not in the cards to continue the friendship outside of the dressing times?

Yes Sue,of course we met through dressing,but she is a fine person outwith that part of her,as I said my wife and I will still keep in touch,we've still got the bestseller of our adventures to write :)

Sophie