PDA

View Full Version : An interesting "girly" experience - women's washroom edition...

Leslie Langford
04-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Here's one for all you ladies who fret about using the women's washrooms when out in public en femme :

After a fun day out shopping yesterday as "Leslie" and before heading home, I decided to grab a bite to eat at the mall's deli restaurant, which is part of a well-known Toronto-area chain. After I had finished my meal - and no one batted an eye all the while I was sitting there, nor gave any indication if I had been "read" - I went to use the ladies' washroom. After I had finished and was touching up my make up, I saw a lady walk in and occupy a nearby stall. I was just preparing to leave when I heard a faint "Excuse me, excuse me..." I didn't react at first, not realizing that this call was being directed at me. When she called out again, I turned around, and became aware that we were the only ones left in the washroom at that point, so I replied with a tentative Yes...?"

It was then that she asked if I might be good enough to pass some toilet paper to her under the stall as she had found out too late that her dispenser was empty. This was a first for me, and not being familiar with the drill (apparently, this is a common occurrence in women's washrooms), I winged it, gamely unrolled a length of toilet paper, and passed it on to her. She was very grateful for my assistance, while at the same time venting about the overall poor condition of the facilities. That was actually a quite legitimate observation on her part, as I had noticed the same thing, and I commiserated fully with her in our brief conversation. In fact, I even alerted her that the air dryer by the sinks was out of commission as well, and that the paper towel dispenser was also out of paper.

I then finished up and before leaving, I asked her if she was alright now as she was still in the stall at that point - it seemed like the "gentlemanly" thing to do :heehee: . She replied "Yes", thanked me again, and I was on my way.

This was an interesting "first" for me, and I'm willing to bet that here was at least one GG who was grateful to be sharing a washroom with a crossdresser - even if she didn't know it at the time :eek::doh::heehee:

Kim_Bitzflick
04-15-2011, 11:00 AM
That was very interesting. I think you reacted appropriately. It looks like you have been accepted.

I have been in many ladies rooms while others were in there & no one gave me a second look but I've never had that happen.

RADER
04-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Maybe that is one reason my wife always carries a small size of paper
hankies with her; And all this time I thought it was just to fill up that big purse. LOL
Rader

Chickhe
04-15-2011, 11:36 AM
I assume your voice is reasonable... My fear would be shocking someone, but I suppose even in that case she would be happy to recieve your help. On halloween I was litterally pulled in to the women's washroom and I've got to say it was a party in there...I even had to elbow my way to the sink and not a sideways glance. Glad she didn't ask you for one of those women's sanitary products.

Cynthia Anne
04-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Love your little story! A lady assisting a lady in need!

Richelle
04-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Leslie,

Love the story. I too have carried on conversation in ladies washroom. I was at a nice restaurant at the mall and had the call of nature after eating. There turned out to be a line, so while I was waiting I freshened up my makeup. When another lady came and commented about the line. One of the those waiting pointed to me at the mirrors and mentioned that "she was next". Felt good that the GGs accepted a crossdresser even if they did not know.

Richelle

MargaretJ
04-15-2011, 04:56 PM
hankies with her; And all this time I thought it was just to fill up that big purse. LOL
Rader

That made me laugh, I always carry a couple of packets of paper hankies in my rucksack while out hiking in the boonies, for that purpose. Never thought to carry them en femme, but you can bet I will from now on.

Kate Simmons
04-15-2011, 05:03 PM
This is one reason why, as custodian for a super market, I make sure the Ladies Room is well stocked with necessities.:)

AllieSF
04-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Now that is an interesting experience. I had one last night, but probably not as unique as yours. I was having my usual pre-theater fancy drink at a top of the line well known hotel bar on Union Square in San Francisco. Since I have season theater tickets and have been going to that bar for over 2 years, I have become friends with all the waitresses, bartender and one of the managers. Last night I stopped at the ladies room before heading to the theater in order to avoid the theater's typical long restroom lines. I did my thing and when I come out of the stall I run into one of my sweet waitresses with whom I had been conversing earlier in the bar. It was a first for me and thus surprised me to run into her in there. It turned out to be a no worry situation as we continued our earlier conversation as we washed our hands and touched up our looks.

abbykins
04-15-2011, 06:39 PM
What a cute story Leslie! Thanks for sharing it :)

Leslie Langford
04-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Rader

Yes, the ladies definitely have a lot to teach us in so many aspects of our lives, and one of the benefits of being transgendered is the ability (and willingness) to be able to tap into this this vast body of knowledge that seems to totally fly over the heads of the average knuckle-dragging macho male.

I've learned so much about skin care over the last few years as I became more adept at applying make up, and I always carry a supply of tissues in my purse for unexpected "emergencies" when out en femme. I even bring along a few wet wipes as well, just in case...

Jilmac
04-16-2011, 03:33 PM
A similar thing happened to me as well only it was in a theater washroom. I was sitting in one of only two stalls and a woman sat in the stall next to me, next I heard a tap on the partition and her asking if I had some toilet paper on my side. I unrolled a long strip and passed it under the partition. We made small talk while I was washing up and fixing my hair then we both approached the theater manager and told her about the paper situation. I left the theater wondering if the woman knew she had been interacting with a CD.