PDA

View Full Version : Hypocracy and glass houses

Pythos
04-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I do wish there was a way I could do a dual post of this, one here and one in the F2M section as this affects everyone here as well as outside the world of CD.com.

There have been threads here that deal with groups that are connected to us only do to ignorance of others, however these groups have no less a right to be out and about in the real world.

The latest though surfaced some truly horrible notions. I read stuff concerning keeping stuff in the bedroom, or behind closed doors of some kind. Some truly hate laced comments. Now I know people are entitled to their opinion but when those opinions border on flat out hatred, they should truly be called out.

Let me say this. I personally thin "behind closed doors" or "in the bedroom" should apply to full on nudity, and or sexual acts. I do not include kissing, making out, or other "non sexual" forms of public displays of affection. That being said, of course there should be some decorum when doing this sort of thing. On the other hand there are those that say CDing should remain in the closet. My stance on that, and hope others stances is that that is absolute BS!!. Yet there are those in this community that spout off about how other minorities should keep quiet. Hide.

If what you are doing does not harm to others, I personally stand by your side, despite my signature from Treebeard. Though I have encountered those here that would not support my style.

But the topic that spurred these hate laced (not hate full, I do not fully think the person was directing hate toward the group in question, but they certainly were echoing the sort of statement those that hate use) comments was about educating the future generations about what people of a group have done. Much like the women's rights movements, the equal rights campaigns (whatever happened to that?), the labor movement, and so on. ALL OF THOSE groups were discriminated against due to ignorance, and yes, hatred. Kids should know who Harvey milk was, kids should be educated about the sheer hatred that spurred the stonewall riots and massacre. Those are parts of world history. Children should know that people that love one another of the same sex are regularly stoned or beheaded in countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia, for the crime of loving someone of the same sex.

Why is it those of a minority that for all intents and purposes does not harm others, discriminate against others of a minority that for all intents and purposes does no harm to others.

There are some here that are firing off a Gatling gun in our glass palace.

We really should check what we say (I know I am guilty of spouting too), really look at the notions we support and ask ourselves why we support them.

Cynthia Anne
04-16-2011, 02:23 PM
I FOR ONE do not have to support your style to support you! MY support is for only one race! That race is the HUMAN RACE! I try not to discriminate! Please forgive me if I do! Hugs!

suzy1
04-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Sometimes Pythos I get the impression that you let this very imperfect world get a bit under your skin.
Easily done, but see the good side of this wonderful world too, and have fun.

Love, SUZY

Lucy_Bella
04-16-2011, 03:38 PM
I believe its a matter of choice rather than opinion of others..I for one perfer my closet but that in no way means I feel others should hide in theirs..With that being said I take offence to those who feel I am less than part of a community because of my choice..The road goes both ways..

GaleWarning
04-16-2011, 03:50 PM
It's actually a matter of education, Pythos (double entendre intended!).

AllieSF
04-16-2011, 05:35 PM
You are so right Clayfish. Education brings enlightenment and understanding. Enlightenment and understanding helps eliminate fear of the unknown and misunderstood. The negative reaction to fear of the unknown many times leads to hate crimes, bullying, injuries and even death and suicide as fragile people decide they cannot deal with the intolerance that they see directed at themselves by others. Not all will get it at first and some may never get it. But a lot will and that is why education is so important and worth the extra effort.

I do agree with Pythos, that we should try to get along and offer our comments in a well reasoned manner versus the sometimes overly harsh snide comments that we have read in a few recent threads here. One of the reasons I like this site so much is that we normally can have a lot of good, sometimes heated, discussions where I can test my own beliefs and reasons for thinking the way I do. We all have different opinions and beliefs, and should respect, not necessarily agree with, the opinions and beliefs that do not correlate with our own.

Lucy, I agree with you that how you live your life is your choice, especially when related to our lifestyles and going out or staying in approaches. I go out and love it, you stay in and I would guess that you love it. I think that is great. I have not, however, really noticed posts where others think less of those that stay in.

Lainie
04-16-2011, 07:31 PM
My experience is that strangers & casual acquaintances don't mind. but I saw on the news that journalists freaked over the J. Crew exec & pre-teen son who exhibited familial love while his toenails were painted pink. Lots of media horror over promoting transgenderism--as if it were a crime or a contagious disease.

We still have a long way to go...

Frédérique
04-17-2011, 03:38 PM
We really should check what we say (I know I am guilty of spouting too), really look at the notions we support and ask ourselves why we support them.

I’ve said this before, but you could have an excellent discussion about the concept of “support” and everything that word implies, describes, or promises. Since we are here to support each other in some small way, as a MINORITY that represents certain aspects of human behavior, support may be difficult to define in a satisfactory sense. Are you displeased with the notion of existing within a misunderstood minority? I’ll tell you, I would hate to be in a majority, since that word steers close to conformity, or acceptance of societal norms. I would prefer that MY minority remain as such, since expression is better than not feeling the need or desire to express something…

Why is it those of a minority that for all intents and purposes does not harm others, discriminate against others of a minority that for all intents and purposes does no harm to others.

I assume you’re ranting about the closed thread? I first read your thread, then the closed one, so I can now understand your “position.” As for your quoted statement above, I find it incredible that there is any sort of prejudice within the crossdressing populace, but, since our community represents a cross-section of society, you have to expect this unfortunate eventuality. There is a definite unease with certain individuals about the homosexual connotations that come with any foray into MtF crossdressing, for instance, but to force long-delayed education in an effort to redress some sort of alternative sexuality balance may cause a backlash in this currently VERY polarized atmosphere…

If one is interested in alternative information, or history, or anything that pertains to sensibilities, it is available at all times – it’s better to come to things of your own free will, and don’t get involved in the political malaise of forced teaching, in an effort to foster curiosity and creativity. There IS a minority that teaches itself, and doesn’t see a problem with any other minority, simply because it wasn’t told that there are distinctions between one group and another. There are too many people telling you how to think, and not enough people who ARE thinking…

PS – I used to work on greenhouse (glasshouse) roofs, and I never fell through…:straightface: