PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone notice you seem to be more feminine ?

Barbara Baman
04-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Just noticed my fingernails are probably longer than any of the the girls at the office,I better cut them Monday morning before i get called on it. I got asked several months ago by a female coworker if i waxed my eyebrows because i had them so thin and feminine.They probably have guessed i crossdress but haven't said anything.
I wear a very very light powder makeup everyday and nobody has seemed to have noticed or commented.

juno
04-16-2011, 09:45 PM
I have been more feminine at work, including carrying a purse to work that can barely pass as a "men's shoulder bag". I'm sure people have noticed, but so far no comments. But, I work in science, and there actually a few European men that carry actual men's bags, so people are more used to some diversity. I thunk it is good to expose people to your feminine side, so that if they do find out you CD, it will not be a big surprise.

Vickie_CDTV
04-17-2011, 12:04 AM
They probably won't think you are a crossdresser, they will probably think you are gay (remember, the average person doesn't know the difference.)

Anne2345
04-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Hi Barbara! Just curious, but did the thought ever occur to you that you may want to be caught or asked about it? If you are waxing your eyebrows, wearing powder makeup everyday, and keeping your nails longer than female coworkers, it seems to me that you may subconciously want others to know or figure out that you are a crossdresser. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just an observation you may want to consider. :)

brandi
04-17-2011, 01:34 AM
I have been asked many times if I was gay because I am more feminine. I usually just shrug and let them wonder. Sometimes I will ask if it makes a difference if I am or not. That usually gets them sputtering something about just being curious. Nosy is more like it.

Brandi

Steph.TS
04-17-2011, 01:52 AM
I have been asked many times if I was gay because I am more feminine. I usually just shrug and let them wonder. Sometimes I will ask if it makes a difference if I am or not. That usually gets them sputtering something about just being curious. Nosy is more like it.

Brandi
I get this from time to time at work, it's fairly well known that I don't date or anything, and some of the guys want to push me into the dating world, I think they just want to figure out if I'm gay or not, one guy was convinced I was dating a girl, but he was jumping to conclusions... honestly, I'm just not interested in getting out there. any on the topic at hand. I am growning out my hair, paint my nail with a base clear matte nail polish, and I gro out my nail, I started recently filing my nails. no one has mentioned a thing.

Danielle Gee
04-17-2011, 06:05 AM
I’m not really more “Feminine” when in male mode. What I get the strange looks about is when I mention some of the things I do around the house. For example, I’ve slipped and said things like …. “I’ve got a ton of laundry to do this evening” , or…. I’m going to dust the living room this evening” ….. Most of the guys I work with are used to these slips of the tongue from me, but occasionally I’ll get a funny look or comment forma co-worker.

Danielle

joan47
04-17-2011, 06:14 AM
I ampretty femininein male mode, thin arched waxed eyebrows, small hoop ear rings, long arylic nails, girls tight low rise stretch jeans, girls shirts, and of course bra and panties, I am 64 and don't care most of the girls at work know I dress.

Briana90802
04-17-2011, 09:06 AM
I don't think that they notice it as much as I notice it, or rather worry about it. A guy at work asked me about cup sizes on a girl he saw. And I told him what she was. And then I proceeded to explain how a bra size is measured. One of my female coworker came up and was amazed that I knew so much and that I could correctly tell what size she was.

But for some reason no one ever asks me why I know so much.

kristinacd55
04-17-2011, 09:09 AM
My wife of course lol.....also awhile back went skiing with a male buddy who said he was disgusted with the length of my nails. Tough booty.

Patrice_CD
04-17-2011, 09:20 AM
I've had one of my GG friends say something to me last weekend. She said I appeared much more feminine. I asked what she saw. She said both ears pierced, shaped eye brows, longer nails that had clear polish. Then I showed her my bright red toes. She smiled and said they looked quite nice and said I could come over anytime en femme and that we should go shopping sometime.

Cynthia Anne
04-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi Barbara! Just curious, but did the thought ever occur to you that you may want to be caught or asked about it? If you are waxing your eyebrows, wearing powder makeup everyday, and keeping your nails longer than female coworkers, it seems to me that you may subconciously want others to know or figure out that you are a crossdresser. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just an observation you may want to consider. :)

I have to wonder if Anne isn't right! Many times I think we do this without realizing it! And I see nothing wrong with it! I think its great!

christinac
04-17-2011, 09:42 AM
That is one advantage to being self employed, aside from my clientele (which I'm almost ready to tell to go to some place that starts with H and kind of rhymes with clientele) I don't care what the people at the office think. If I'm ever blessed enough to be able to move to another city and open up another business I'm only going to hire openly CD/TG and they must dress the roll. M to F, no pants or uniform shorts allowed. F to M no dresses, skirts, or short shorts.

Jolene
04-17-2011, 12:00 PM
They probably won't think you are a crossdresser, they will probably think you are gay (remember, the average person doesn't know the difference.)

Most of the world feels this way I would think.

Alice B
04-17-2011, 12:44 PM
I do and that is all that really matters. I'm sure others may have noticed my shaved legs and arms (plus other parts), but no one has said a thing, other than my wife, and life goes on as normal.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Nope, still scratch the crotch, burp, swear and bleed the testosterone level every now and then, even with nicely shaped eyebrows, moisturized face, long wavey hair piled high in an updo and reaping of perfume. No one gets a chance to query me.

Eryn
04-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I think that the visible changes I've made have been interpreted as "better groomed" or "better dressed" since my previous drab self was more scruffy.

Marie Sue S
04-17-2011, 04:11 PM
my wife always says i the girl in our relationship but it emotions not looks here
i wish she could really except that and let me be more girly than i am

PrettyFlowingGown
04-17-2011, 06:58 PM
I try to be careful in man mode, but I put perfume on every night before bed, and theres usually perfume on me still the next day. I've had comments by girls saying I smell beautiful. My nails are longer too, and my feminine traits come through now and again. I was at a newsagent yesty and the desk lady was looking at a young man in an aisle who was very nice looking. i said "ummm, i'm here", she said "oh sorry, i was distracted", i said "he is gorgous, but i'm meeting someone". she was shocked at my "gorgous" statement, but he was......my woman side has had something for cute men more and more in recent times.

Karinsamatha
04-17-2011, 08:31 PM
I have had some strange looks from co-workers regarding my thinned and shaped eye brows, along with my hairless arms and legs. So far no one has said anything.

abbykins
04-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Now I want shaved eyebrows! I've had some comments on my filed, buffed nails that are becoming quite long and beautiful. In one more month they'll be completely feminine. I love how they look, so I don't care what anyone thinks. My toenails are growing too and look really cute in sandals. I curl my lashes. Like Eryn, I've had some people notice that I'm better-groomed. I'm growing my hair out (from short) and I'll shave my body soon, so it may become more obvious. :)

Eryn
04-18-2011, 12:44 AM
I'll shave my body soon, so it may become more obvious. :)

Don't be surprised (or disappointed) if nobody notices! (unless we're talking about an SO!) :)

MsMichelleTGirl
04-18-2011, 06:42 AM
I think it's hard to say as men tend to groom themselves much more now then then ever did. I know of many straight men who like to keep their eyebrows thin and their nails clean.

Danni Renee
04-18-2011, 06:56 AM
I am not sure if anyone seems to notice but I do know that if I am not more careful I am going to out myself! First I was keeing my nails long. Then I decided to wear nail polish one weekend and did not do nearly as good of a job getting rid of it - I think a coworker noticed. Then today, I was with some of my coworkers and I got a rock in my shoe. I took off my shoe and realized the rock was in my sock. I took my sock off to find the rock and realized my bare foot, with pink painted toenails, was exposed for everyone to see! I do not know if anyone saw (but I think at least one could have) but I have a feeling I am getting more noticed than I should! No one has said anything to me yet and nobody has noticed or said anything about me shaving my legs/arms either so it is hard to tell.

Melissa Jill
04-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Don't be surprised (or disappointed) if nobody notices! (unless we're talking about an SO!) :)

Yea, Ive been shaving all over for about 6 weeks now and no one has noticed anything. Not even my family when I wear shorts.

Jenny Doolittle
04-18-2011, 07:20 AM
I think we all are looking for others to notice much more then others actually do, people are far to busy to take the time to look. With that said though, woman are far more observant then men and in an office setting with time on one's hands that more "detailed" observation is possible.

I also believe that in the deep recesses of our minds we want to be seen as our true identity, so enjoy the game of being caught and providing an answer that best suits your situation.

Chastitycd
04-18-2011, 07:22 AM
I deffinately dont think anyone I work with have noticed, however being self employed im really only around a few people in my office once or twice a week and around other contractors at job sites. However 2 weeks ago I was on a job site and was inside an apartment where about 6-8 other contractors were also and I was working on plumbing a bathroom and broke one of my nails (that ive been trying to grow) as soon as it happened I hollered "MOTHER F*&#@R I BROKE MY NAIL!!" Then I noticed it got awfully quiet in the apartment, after about 20 seconds everyone just went back to work like nothing happened. Still bothers me how my fem side shines through so easily now. Im really gonna have to start watching what I say and do.

Chastity

Cherry Lynn
04-18-2011, 07:56 AM
I deffinately dont think anyone I work with have noticed, however being self employed im really only around a few people in my office once or twice a week and around other contractors at job sites. However 2 weeks ago I was on a job site and was inside an apartment where about 6-8 other contractors were also and I was working on plumbing a bathroom and broke one of my nails (that ive been trying to grow) as soon as it happened I hollered "MOTHER F*&#@R I BROKE MY NAIL!!" Then I noticed it got awfully quiet in the apartment, after about 20 seconds everyone just went back to work like nothing happened. Still bothers me how my fem side shines through so easily now. Im really gonna have to start watching what I say and do.

Chastity
I just hate when that happens. Cost of job goes up automatically.

christinac
04-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Chastity, sounds like you and I are in the same business or in closely related businesses. I have to watch myself all the time on job sites. My biggest problem here is that I live in a snake pit of old school rednecks and religious bigots and they quite often jump on thier soap box at the drop of a hat and Christina has to bite her toungue nearly off to keep from saying something to the selfrighteous jerks.

Chastitycd
04-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Chastity, sounds like you and I are in the same business or in closely related businesses. I have to watch myself all the time on job sites. My biggest problem here is that I live in a snake pit of old school rednecks and religious bigots and they quite often jump on thier soap box at the drop of a hat and Christina has to bite her toungue nearly off to keep from saying something to the selfrighteous jerks.

I know your pain my friend. We live in the bible belt, I can only hope one day our corner of the world will catch up with the rest and stop living in the 1950's. Our support group cant even hold public events without meeting head on constant drama, all because one of the southeasts largest Religious Colleges is in our town. One day....

Chastity

Lexi X
04-18-2011, 09:00 AM
In male mode I look manly i guess. I don't trim my eye brows or grow out my nails. I'm too nervous to let my nails get too long. I tend to bite them as soon as they're long enough to be bit. I do, however, find myself doing little thing like sitting with my ankles crossed or twirling my hair with my fingers. No one ever picks up on any of these things. I guess no one would suspect it from me. Pretty funny I think

Sarah Doepner
04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Although I grow my nails out on a regular basis, my wife, who knows, gets more concerned when I shape them. My eyebrows are blond and even though I pluck them, they aren't noticeable. If I let them go, they would become shaggy and then the change would cause some attention, so I guess they will stay plucked. I've been epilating my legs, arms and upper chest for a few years, so now there is a little bit of fur that grows there, but everyone who has seen it is used to this version of me. Other than that, I'm not what one would call feminine when I'm in guy mode. The biggest concerns were more with my politics and social conscious. I worked with pretty conservative folks, so being an old liberal caused as much distraction as anything I would do to my appearance. The guys couldn't see through their dogma induced haze to notice my manicure. The women were just happy to have someone around who would treat them like real people.

Since I retired I've grown my hair out and my ears are pierced. When I see any of them now they just figure I've gone back to my hippy days and ways. Maybe I have, but I'll know better when I find that perfect Tie-Dye skirt to wear on a fine summer day.

Chastitycd
04-18-2011, 11:34 AM
......after I just made my post this morning about the broken nail.....what did I do... I left home, went to Lowes to pick up supplies needed for the day and went to check out. Theres a cashier that I know very well since Im in there everyday and 2 customers in line behind me. I went to pull out my bank card out of my wallet, looked and it wasnt there, I looked up with closed eyes and without thinking I say, "Dammnit I left my bank card in my purse..." The register counter was not big enough for me to crawl under but I almost tried. I laughed it off and said "oh I meant my wife must have taken it out and put it in her purse." (Complete Lie) I dont know if they bought it or not, but I paid with cash and got the heck outta there.....FML

Chastity

RenneB
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Well that's a good one on the finger nails. Last night I was scratching the back of one of my biological replacements and he said you need to cut your nails. My SO came over and said let me see, I did a quick flip in male fashion (yes, GG look at their nails differently, they lay their hand flat and look at the back, while GM turn palm side up and curl the fingers) and she said "Oh". That was the end of that. I think the SO is catching on...

My nails are about as long as in the pic.... no that's not a pic of my hand.... I wish it was. I use a clear gel polish and am very matickulus in my filing... So I'm thinkin' the SO is gettin' pretty suspecious and we're just staying off the subject...

Renne.....

Kate Lynn
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Not really,I don't wear womens clothes to be more feminine,or emmulate women,I like certain styles of clothes and shoes,some stupids call it metro style,I was told it's the androgynous style of dressing.

Bootsiegalore
04-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Hell.... Tell em you get waxed.... and go for Mani Pedi.... I know lots of guys who do too.

christinac
04-18-2011, 06:26 PM
......after I just made my post this morning about the broken nail.....what did I do... I left home, went to Lowes to pick up supplies needed for the day and went to check out. Theres a cashier that I know very well since Im in there everyday and 2 customers in line behind me. I went to pull out my bank card out of my wallet, looked and it wasnt there, I looked up with closed eyes and without thinking I say, "Dammnit I left my bank card in my purse..." The register counter was not big enough for me to crawl under but I almost tried. I laughed it off and said "oh I meant my wife must have taken it out and put it in her purse." (Complete Lie) I dont know if they bought it or not, but I paid with cash and got the heck outta there.....FML

Chastity

You remind me of that story about a guy who was interviewed by a preacher to become a deacon and when the preacher asked him why he should be appointed a deacon he told the preacher because he didn't cuss, drink, or smoke. Well after the interview he steps out the door under an open window and doesn't realize the preacher is standing there in the window when he reaches in his pocket and says " GD! I left my bleeping cigarettes at the bar!"

Renne, I too look very forward to the day where my hands can be that pretty too. Mine are in such bad shape rightnow that it would take a solid month of work just to have something to work with.

Valerie Nova
04-18-2011, 07:28 PM
If I have long fingernails, they accumulate dirt almost instantly. Let's just say my hobbies aren't very feminine at all. Or masculine for that matter... they're just weird.

I did my eyebrows a while ago, and the funny thing is, no guys noticed, but practically every girl i ran into did. Sometimes they didn't even know what was changed; I was told twice I looked like I was wearing makeup. (I wasn't. Really!) I guess girls notice eyebrows a lot more.

Eryn
04-19-2011, 12:55 AM
If I have long fingernails, they accumulate dirt almost instantly. Let's just say my hobbies aren't very feminine at all.

Back when I was racing motorcycles I had a female friend who was also a racer. She said that one of the best things about being a girl was that if she couldn't get her nails completely clean she could just throw a coat of polish on them and all was good!

KriistineCDxoxo
04-19-2011, 01:09 AM
I do! That might be because Im am taking my dressing a bit further though!

Christie ann
04-19-2011, 04:09 PM
The only person who notices is my wife. "When are you going to cut your fingernails?, Why do you stand that way? You need a hair cut." I could go on :)