PDA

View Full Version : Want some ideas

LaceLuvr's GG
09-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Ok, so as I announced a couple of weeks ago, Lace and I are going to be tying the knot next Spring. We have already decided that it is NOT going to be a traditional wedding. We are going to be pretty much creating the whole service ourselves.

We've decided that I'm going to be wearing the dress in the service ;) But we will be getting matching lingerie for the wedding night :)

What I want to know from all of you is do you have any funny wedding stories to share, or unique ideas that you and your SO's used in your weddings???

We want to be a day that nobody forgets. I have already said that I would love to have some of you gals there... but it doesn't seem like anyone is even CLOSE to our area.

So, come on... I need some ideas on how to make this day "one of a kind"

Thanks,

Priscilla1018
09-28-2005, 08:01 PM
My Wife and I got married in the formal rose garden at Lake Harriet in Minneapolis,MN

kathy gg
09-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Well this was something I thought of 'after' our wedding, but I sure wish I had thought of it before, because it would have been kind of a nice joke that only me and Amanda (and a few friends in the know) would have gotten.

You know how the champagne glasses that you drink from....well one usually says 'bride' and the other 'groom'...what I wish I would have done is get two that said bride and if anyone had noticed, they would have thought it a funny mistake! But of course it would have been our 'in' joke!

I am sure that is not what you are looking for with ideas....but it is one that we did not get to use and well maybe someone can benefit from me being late to think of things...

LaceLuvr's GG
09-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, Kathy I hope you wouldn't mind.. but I would love to use your idea. That is an awesome way for us to share our little secret, with no one knowing our little secret.

Thanks,....

jotting that down ;)

Delila
09-29-2005, 05:50 PM
my wife and i had a handfasting ceremony, not exactly original but people are still talking about over a year later.

LaceLuvr's GG
09-29-2005, 06:04 PM
That's funny Megan, we actually discussed doing something like this. We decided against it, as we wanted something that was COMPLETELY unique. We're writing the whole ceremony!! It's extremely hard to even start planning. That's why I'm asking for help.. LOL

Thanks for the suggestion though ;)

MarinaTwelve200
09-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Ok, so as I announced a couple of weeks ago, Lace and I are going to be tying the knot next Spring. We have already decided that it is NOT going to be a traditional wedding. We are going to be pretty much creating the whole service ourselves.

We've decided that I'm going to be wearing the dress in the service ;) But we will be getting matching lingerie for the wedding night :)

What I want to know from all of you is do you have any funny wedding stories to share, or unique ideas that you and your SO's used in your weddings???

We want to be a day that nobody forgets. I have already said that I would love to have some of you gals there... but it doesn't seem like anyone is even CLOSE to our area.

So, come on... I need some ideas on how to make this day "one of a kind"

Thanks,

Why not the obvious--evey one in the wedding party be cross-dressed----from the "best man" to the "flower girl"?

But of course, have it done "right" and not an obvious parody CD (no hairy leg bridesmaids)---its more effective that way.

And to make it even different, it could be more casual or semi formal, than the traditional tux and long gown thing.---but still have all the "actors" so to speak.---Just an idea.

Dont 4 get to send us pictures :D

Missy Anne
09-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Hi LaceLuvr's GG

Where is the wedding going to be held?

Missy Anne

Rachel Morley
09-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Marla and I got married on the edge of the second largest alpine lake in the world, Lake Tahoe so we were married in "the chapel of the pines" i.e amongst the trees with the Sierra Nevada mountains in the background.

Although on the outside I was dressed as the traditional groom and she the traditional bride in a cream wedding dress, I was wearing under my black suit and pink shirt, a bra, panties, corset (not pulled in too tight this time) camisole,and a garter belt and stockings. I also wore pearl studs in my ears and perfume.

For the wedding night Marla presented me with a long slinky, and very sexy night gown in cream silk with lace trim. Why not have your DH wear lingerie under his drab clothes during the ceremony?

Rachael Warren
09-30-2005, 02:54 AM
"Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue"

Very old adage, but universal? I would apply this to both "Brides".

Blue garters are a popular choice ;)

I'll leave the rest to your own imagination!

Hugs, Rachael. :)

jo_ann
09-30-2005, 04:34 AM
I did a powerpoint presentation at mine showing lots of photos of both of us growing up... seperately as kids, and then later both of us together.

Julie York
09-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Have a tiny little wedding cake made just for the two of you....with two brides on top!

LaceLuvr's GG
09-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Wow... these are some great ideas so far... still plenty of room for more.

Just to make things clear.. we have already decided on the under attire lingerie. That's a must!!!

Also, thanks for the great idea about the crossdresser "theme" but we live in the redneck backwoods.. and as much as that would be great.. we wouldn't be able to get anyone to attend. No one knows about his dressing.. it is our little secret.

Now the cake topper was a great one.. as I have had another great one about 2 "bride" champagne glasses.. thinks like that is what I'm looking for but not just CDing ideas.

Also, I think someone asked where we were getting married. Well, we're going to try for an "out door" wedding, but haven't really decided where yet.

Billijo49504
09-30-2005, 11:53 PM
As a widow with 2 kids, I needed a babysitter/ housekeeper who I fired at the alter. Her mother almost fainted.

Diannna
09-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Well, first of all, congratulations to both of you brides to be. Hehehe! My gg friend and I have discussed this same thing. Although we don't know when it is we may tie the knot. She too said she would have to be the one to wear the dress and asked me what I could think of that would sort of blend in with maybe questions. I thought for awhile and came up with this.
1) have a powder blue tux type jacket with the botton and holes on the opposite side. ( fem style)
2) Wear a fem or frilly blouse, with some lace showing at the collar and sleeves
3) Wear a pair of fem slacks ( no fly ) maybe a side or back zip,powder blue to match the jacket.
4) A pair of some what fem shoes, maybe dyed to match the outfit, maybe a pair of white tights for socks
5) and of course all the finery under neath
6) 1 or 2 diamond studs in the ear
7) maybe the slightest hint of some make up
8) maybe a slight tint of polished nails
Hope this may help for some suggestions, again congrats!!!!!!
Love To All,
Diannna :cute:

sarah b
10-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Along with everyone else, wish you both all the best and congratulations,

Ideas, hummm, given that you are in "red-neck" territory, perhaps keeping the ceremony itself fairly straight laced would be the way to go. After all you have to live with the community you are in for more than just your wedding day.

Everyone loves fireworks, and a real square-dance band is always good fun. Party turns for those who feel able to perform them is a nice touch, and people are always surprised/delighted by home cooking, so ask guests to take a small bit of food along, if every couple takes enough food for three everyone gets enough food to soak up the alcohol.

Beyond that I hope you have a lovely day and many happy years to follow.

Adrianne
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Congratulations to both of you.

Adrianne.