PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Weight Off My Shoulders....Finally Told My Family!

EmilyMI
04-21-2011, 07:18 PM
After A LOT of procrastination, I finally let my Mom and Dad know about my decision to transition. They are behind me all the way, of course they are confused by it because they never knew how I have felt about this part of me or totally understand it BUT they said no matter what they are behind me and support my decision. I can't tell you enough how much that helps me to know that they are here for me and just a huge weight off my shoulders and can finally just start being myself and have my family support!. :D

Midnight Skye
04-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Congrats Emily, I'm glad the conversation went well! Having family support is so nice! I wish you well on your journey!

Bethany38
04-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Right on, thats how it should be. How do it feel to be free Emily?

Fran Moore
04-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Congratulations Emily. It's always so much better to have the support of your family when enduring life changing events. I wish you well on your journey.

Suzanne

EmilyMI
04-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Thank You so much! OMG does it feel amazing and just really indescribable! My parents are just so great, even though they really do not fully understand it they are still behind me! They are just worried that if I do decide to go FULLY with my transition, how would I know that it is not a mistake or not happy? They just want to see my happy and want to make sure that I will be making the right decision and not regret it later in life?

Rianna Humble
04-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Welldone for having the courage to tell your parents - I know from experience how difficult that is. I think it's great that they are supporting you and that they care enough to ask that question.

gretchen2
04-22-2011, 12:23 AM
That's fantastic, one of the major weights’ has been lifted. Now onto the next step.

EmilyMI
04-22-2011, 05:47 AM
Yes I am a VERY lucky girl for sure, they still don't fully understand about what I am going though or why but they are willing to no matter what accept me and support me so yes I am blessed thus far! I think that they just want to be sure that this is the right decision for me and something that I won't regret later in life which I can understand since a lot of the changes that I want to go though will be permanent in one way or another!

Joann Smith
04-22-2011, 03:06 PM
cool...congrats ...love reading stuff like that

Joann

Teri Jean
04-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Congratulations Emily, that is a huge step. Wish you the best as you start down your path.