PDA

View Full Version : are todays girls less feminine?

cd_isabelle
09-28-2005, 07:42 PM
hello all,

i had an interesting experience the other week.

during a night out on the town, i was in boy mode, i went out with a group of about 10 genetic girls which then whittled its way down to about 6 when we made a second stop at a club.

i know many people have mentioned on here that younger girls these days dont wear typically female clothes and dont act as feminine as in the past.

well while out, i was chatting with one of my friends, i am very close with these girls (they dont know i dress) and they talk to me about everything.

anyways while chatting, my friend mentioned to me that she was wearing pantyhose for the first time ever, she is now 21, and that she couldnt believe how good they felt and how good they made her legs look (her legs did look great and the pantyhose was very sheer, almost couldnt see). for the entire night, anyone that was half interested was introduced to her new pantyhose, she was just so excited and loved the feel and look, we took some photos too and she did look gorgeous.

this made me wonder, at 21, you would think most girls have worn pantyhose or similar typically female items at some stage. (a frightening thought is that i have worn them before and more than her, but she looked better in them).

so with that in mind,

1. what is it about todays girls that you think needs to be more feminine?

2. what article of fem clothing do you think girls need to adopt again?

3. what article of fem clothing have you never worn and would love to?

4. have you ever discussed with a gg something that they have never worn and once they did, they loved it and never could go back?

i would love to hear your thoughts and stories.

please post,

kisses,

cd_isabelle

obsessedwithpantyhose
09-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

dani_grl03
09-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Ive have thought about this for a while and my thought is it depends on your definition of feminine. I actually love the looks that are and have come out in the juniors sections. Nothing better than low rise flare jeans and a cap sleeve t or cami.
I think they are feminine, just not what we were used to years ago. I do know that girls are getting more open and bold (for lack of a better term). I also have noticed that the trends seam to be leaning more towards the natural or minimal look. JMHO.
Hugs,

Tiffy
09-29-2005, 09:07 AM
I think todays girls may not wear the same things as girls use to. But I do not find them any less fem. If anything I would say they are more fem than ever. many will not do a thing that is coinsidered manly. I also think that styles have changed and therefore the clothes. But take one stroll in a mall and if you do not feel the feminity pooring out there is something wrong. I things girls today are very fem. And I enjoy watching them.

Kisses, April

Darlene.
09-29-2005, 10:38 AM
I was not aware that femininity was defined by what one wears? I though a girl was feminine before she had any clothes on?

Wendy me
09-29-2005, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=cd_isabelle]hello all,

during a night out on the town, i was in boy mode, i went out with a group of about 10 genetic girls which then whittled its way down to about 6 when we made a second stop at a club.

i know many people have mentioned on here that younger girls these days dont wear typically female clothes and dont act as feminine as in the past.

well while out, i was chatting with one of my friends, i am very close with these girls (they dont know i dress) and they talk to me about everything.

anyways while chatting, my friend mentioned to me that she was wearing pantyhose for the first time ever, she is now 21, and that she couldnt believe how good they felt and how good they made her legs look (her legs did look great and the pantyhose was very sheer, almost couldnt see). for the entire night, anyone that was half interested was introduced to her new pantyhose, she was just so excited and loved the feel and look, we took some photos too and she did look gorgeous.

this made me wonder, at 21, you would think most girls have worn pantyhose or similar typically female items at some stage. (a frightening thought is that i have worn them before and more than her, but she looked better in them).

so with that in mind,

nouthing see as we try to be more free to express our fem side my wearing girly things thay express their fem side by wearing what thay please and don't worry abought what outhers think.....

oh for shure skirts and dresses ... i love a gg in jeans but a realy femy (femy??? yes femy) skirt or dress pretty and oh so cute i love to see more of that........

ok i think most any thing fem that i wanted to wear i already have worn.....

4. have you ever discussed with a gg something that they have never worn and once they did, they loved it and never could go back?

not realy but i do chatt gg's up all the time and tell them that outfit looks veary nice...

Phoebe Reece
09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
This is a tricky question, because so many things have changed over the years. Besides fashions in general shifting - women are in the workplace more than in many years past, many are pursuing careers in fields that were previously just a man's world (fire fighting, combat military, law enforcement, building trades, etc.), and unfortunately some of them seem to have given up on the idea of looking good. Far too many simply dress sloppy, are overweight, and wear no makeup. I see CD's that couldn't "pass" in a dark closet that look far better than many GG's out there.

That said, there are a lot of women and girls who do care about their appearance - the specialty makeup stores (like MAC, Ulta, Sephora) ar doing a booming business. I've seen more skirts and dresses worn by GG's this summer than I have in a long time. Most women (in the South anyway) seem to have discarded the idea of wearing pantyhose, yet they are wearing spike heels in greater and greater numbers. Push-up bras and implants are stretching tops to newer and revealing limits.

I don't think there is really a definitive answer to the general question. Some girls are just as fem as in the past, some are less, and some are even more. It's just a different mix and the fashions being worn are a bit different.

In answer to the specific questions:

1. what is it about todays girls that you think needs to be more feminine?More of them should show more concern for their public appearance.

2. what article of fem clothing do you think girls need to adopt again?Pantyhose. A good looking girl with a short skirt wearing sheer pantyhose is truly a sight for sore eyes.

3. what article of fem clothing have you never worn and would love to?I've never worn a corset. Good ones are expensive and I'm not sure enough about the comfort factor to part with the cash for one.

4. have you ever discussed with a gg something that they have never worn and once they did, they loved it and never could go back?The closest thing I can think of along these lines is some time ago my wife decided that her nightgowns were uncomfortable to sleep in. She started sleeping in cotton t-shirts. I suggested she try one of my nylon tank tops (mens size and cut). She sleeps in that all the time now.

JoAnnDallas
09-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Many of us grew up with the "June Lockhard" impression of what a women should look like. But that all changed back in the late 60's and early 70's. Women wanted to be free of that image and thus started dressing down. In fact high heels were out for a few years, but have made a big comeback. Other items like girdles, corsets, stocking feel our of favor, but all have made comebacks.
Look at the movies and TV shows, for a long time a women dressing fem was out, slacks and T-Shirst were in, dresses and skirts were out. Today it's the opposite again.

JoAnn

Maddie Knight
09-29-2005, 02:51 PM
I think gg's wear what is comfortable, thats usualy jeans and t-shirt, just like guys. Are they less feminine? No they just don't wear dresses and skirts as much as they used to. When dressed fem I sometimes wear fem jeans and t-shirt, I still feel as fem as when wearing a dress.

cd_isabelle
09-29-2005, 09:11 PM
hello again,

i understand that all girls are fem by nature, (duh) but i was kinda interested in that with fashion becoming somewhat androgenous in nature at times, i love it when i see a girl who has gone to the effort to look after herself and portray that fem image and i was wondering what is the difference between a girl simply dressed for the day and a girl who has gone the effort to look real fem.

what is that one item or few items of clothing that take a girl from casual to ultra fem?

perhaps that is better stated than my first question.

nonetheless thankyou for responding to my post, i really appreciate your thoughts.

kisses,

cd_isabelle

kathy gg
09-29-2005, 09:28 PM
What is always sad is crossdressers wanting women to adhere to 'rules' regarding gender and dress codes.

I, as a gg, applaud men wo do not go by men's fashion rules. I think it is great when there are gender rules broken... why can't male cd's cheer women on who break 'fahsion' rules or codes of gender? Why can't guys be glad that women don't follow the rules also..

I mean isn't it hypocritical to admonish women who dont' dress like societys ideal of "woman" ? I mean, could not women get angry at men too for not dressing as men? yet, her I am a gg, applauding men who break gender codes, why can't you applaud me for my short hair and wild fashion as well?

Stormgirl
09-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Well ahem todays younger crowd seems to dress more ****ty :thumbsdn: Yeah sex sells and they all want to be Britney Spears :rolleyes:

emmicd
09-29-2005, 10:17 PM
I just went to my cousin's wedding this past weekend and it was great seeing all the girls in their pretty dresses. They all looked great. My wife never wears dresses unless for an occasion like this. So she really did look great in her dress!

She also looks good in what she usually wears, Jeans and polo shirt!

It was nice though to dance with her seeing how pretty she looked in her beautiful dress!

Emmi

Rachel Morley
09-29-2005, 10:22 PM
More feminine? There are many things that make a woman feminine, clothes are only one of them

Adopt?....isn't it about the fashion of the day? (especially for young girls)

A "Gone With The Wind Dress" with all the correct underwear.

Sorry, no not yet.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-30-2005, 12:54 AM
I mean isn't it hypocritical to admonish women who dont' dress like societys ideal of "woman" ?

In word, yes, IMNSHO. (OK, that's a couple words....)

Clare
09-30-2005, 02:22 AM
...so with that in mind,

Their poise and grace as women. I'm old enough to remember the time when women always presented themselves elegantly in clothing and makeup, whether it was an important occassion or everyday activities.

Dresses. How often do you see younger women wearing a dress? A well cut dress shows off a good figure. Have you noticed how a dress' hemline can be just at the knees when standing, but rides up to mid thgh when sitting - very sexy!

A corset!

Unfortunately no.

cd_isabelle

Christine

Jessicafreed
10-10-2005, 06:47 AM
hello all,

so with that in mind,

I think that more girls need to paint their nails, both toe and fingernails especially with wearing open-toe shoes.

Skirts and proper fitting tops. Both these items can flatter any figure.

A wedding or prom dress. These are the most beautiful clothes I have seen.

Yes, I talked to one girl about why she did not wear skirts or capris pants. The next day she came to school in a cute skirt outfit and loved the way her legs looked in it. From that day on she wore skirts and capris more often to show off her figure.

please post,

kisses,

cd_isabelle

An item that will take a girl from normal to ultra-fem is wearing more feminine shoes with skirts and capris instead of flip-flops. An nice strappy sandal with any heel will excenuate a girls legs and really complete her outfit.

Jan W
10-10-2005, 07:44 AM
"Are todays girls less feminine?"

yes

heather waits
10-10-2005, 07:49 AM
i agree girls want to act like men

KatieZ
10-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Are today's girls less feminine?
No, they just dress different than what our moms dressed like. Todays fashions allow them to look sexy and show off their bodies more than the frumpy old dresses of yesteryear. Girls today wear jeans that accentuate their curves, along with pumps to add to the allure, and makeup to highlight the features of their face in a way that prior generations never came close to.

If I had the body to pull off that look I would never wear a dress again. Weelllllll that's a lie. :rofl:

And a girl in pants can be, and generally is, a lady that commands respect.

What a time in history to be female!

Hugs

Fiona K
10-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Less feminine?
No, they are free to be whomever thay want, they don't have to conform to gender stereotyping, usually handed down by a patriarchal wester society in clothing or in dress. They are free to be feminine when the want and to take the guys on when they need to.

Turn it around- are young guys getting less masculine? Checkout the male grooming section of the stores, even Veet for men hair remover products.........

It's usually only the older generation and reactionaries who want us back on teh 50s nuclear famuly model that even ask the question- except of course for trannies!!

Fiona
xx

kimmy p
10-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Damn right they're less feminine. Have you seen how the typical GG walks in heels lately? It's like a sailor striding off a ship, all gaggly legged and no form at all. I occassionally need to remind myself to walk more manly. I trained myself to walk properly in heels twenty-some years ago and it never left. Also, a large selection of ladies cannot sit correctly in a dress or skirt. My legs don't cross well but at least I try.

Kimmy

Kimberly
10-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I think the key issue here, which has been said time and time again in this forum, is the freedom that GGs tend to have to be less feminine. On the one hand you have the very feminine girls who love to be 'girly' ... on the other you have the more typically 'masculine' women who don't really like the idea of being expected to wear skirts, dresses, tights and the such to look pretty - maybe they've "got better things to worry about."

Yes, maybe the women, and especially, girls of today are less feminine - GENERALLY - but I think that's a good thing. My reason? That they are not forced into a specific gender role (grrr those gender roles!) But expectations are still there, and peer pressure can be a problem for those who don't necessarily want to conform to the architypal feminine figure.

So, I say: let's hope being forced into a manly position is relaxed in the future, then we can all get away with expressing our femininity ;)

.... just my couple of quid. (two cents for you Yanks :p) xx

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-10-2005, 05:41 PM
.... just my couple of quid. (two cents for you Yanks :p) xx

Hey the exchange isn't that bad... :p

jo_ann
10-10-2005, 06:58 PM
women realized they could dress down like guys and get away with it.

Wear a dress more often than just at weddings and showers. I miss seeing my wife's curves!

Lacey dresses. When women do wear dresses they're so plain and boring. it was so much more exciting in the 80's.

A wedding gown

Lauren_T
10-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Less feminine?
No, they are free to be whomever thay want, they don't have to conform to gender stereotyping, usually handed down by a patriarchal wester society in clothing or in dress. They are free to be feminine when the want and to take the guys on when they need to.

Turn it around- are young guys getting less masculine? Checkout the male grooming section of the stores, even Veet for men hair remover products.........

It's usually only the older generation and reactionaries who want us back on teh 50s nuclear famuly model that even ask the question- except of course for trannies!!

Fiona
xxExactly so! ...and aren't gender stereotypes the very cause of the unjust discrimination we're subjected to?

I think the key issue here, which has been said time and time again in this forum, is the freedom that GGs tend to have to be less feminine. On the one hand you have the very feminine girls who love to be 'girly' ... on the other you have the more typically 'masculine' women who don't really like the idea of being expected to wear skirts, dresses, tights and the such to look pretty - maybe they've "got better things to worry about."

Yes, maybe the women, and especially, girls of today are less feminine - GENERALLY - but I think that's a good thing. My reason? That they are not forced into a specific gender role (grrr those gender roles!) But expectations are still there, and peer pressure can be a problem for those who don't necessarily want to conform to the architypal feminine figure.

So, I say: let's hope being forced into a manly position is relaxed in the future, then we can all get away with expressing our femininity

.... just my couple of quid. (two cents for you Yanks ) xxThere you are... When women aren't being coerced into being feminine, the only feminine ones you're going to see are those who actually choose to be feminine because they enjoy it! - Like we do...!;)

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-10-2005, 09:06 PM
When women aren't being coerced into being feminine, the only feminine ones you're going to see are those who actually choose to be feminine because they enjoy it! - Like we do...!;)

Exactly. Just because we enjoy being femme doesn't mean we should require others to be so. I'd think those who us aren't comfortable being forced to be masculine would understand.... :undecided

Celeste GG
10-11-2005, 01:35 AM
No girls are not less femme.

It is partly a matter of opportunity. I love corsets and petticoats, but would not walk down the street in them.

girls are only enjoying the opportunity to wear what evert they want. You don't want them to go back to times when they HAD to wear a dress or it was immoral to show an ankle?

support them and in time your turn will come to weat what ever you want!

You will fing GG's your greatest supporters

Celeste

SheilaTV
10-12-2005, 08:06 AM

please post,

kisses,

cd_isabelle

1 . They should wear high heels more frequently and not only for weddings and proms.

2. Petticoats.

3. Tampons.

4. Yes. High heeled golden sandals.

Kera_Efflorescence
10-12-2005, 09:47 PM
What is always sad is crossdressers wanting women to adhere to 'rules' regarding gender and dress codes.

I, as a gg, applaud men wo do not go by men's fashion rules. I think it is great when there are gender rules broken... why can't male cd's cheer women on who break 'fahsion' rules or codes of gender? Why can't guys be glad that women don't follow the rules also..

I mean isn't it hypocritical to admonish women who dont' dress like societys ideal of "woman" ? I mean, could not women get angry at men too for not dressing as men? yet, her I am a gg, applauding men who break gender codes, why can't you applaud me for my short hair and wild fashion as well?

I have to agree with this actually --- I disagree with anyone saying women "Should be more feminine" in any particular way... or that there's a particular item which "Should be worn" again.

I do think women are less feminine than they used to be, but it's a good change... traditional notions of femininity were too constraining. I'd prefer it if there were more common grounds between the genders.

Kathy, I think part of the reason MtF CDs are less likely to enjoy a woman's gender bending is because it sort of dissolves the goal that we're trying to reach. I think it may also be the feeling of, "Why would anyone not want to wear female clothing, when given the chance?"