PDA

View Full Version : Does This happen To You ?

Jo-Anne
04-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I work part time in a female dominated office.I was sitting in the kitchen with a secretary,when a male staffer came into the kitchen.He recently announced his retirement,to the joy of most of the women.When he left,I mentioned that most of the women weren't too crazy about him..She said that he gets under most of the girls' skin,but then added " We all like you, you're one of the girls.We treat you like a girl.You know how to relate to us."...She said this with no hesitation.. I don't have feminine mannerisms,so I was shocked she said these things.If the truth were known,I took the remarks as a compliment.I told my wife later.She just smiled,and said.".Well,women have a sixth sense about things.You may think you can hide what you actually are,but you are only fooling yourself..Inside you are a lovely woman...so if I don't fool the ladies.who am I fooling ?.............. Jo-Anne......... :battingeyelashes:

lingerieLiz
04-23-2011, 12:02 PM
I think a lot of women can sense that some of us have an alighnment with them. When I shop with women friends we only shop for women's clothing unless a gift is needed. Even in the lingerie departments they are comfortable with me looking and talking about items. I don't tell women I'm a CD but I'm sure they can sense it.

Paula Siemen
04-23-2011, 02:18 PM
So next time you are shopping with the girls, why don't you pick out something for yourself, like a pretty bra or a stylish skirt or dress and see how they react. If they seem a little wierd about it, you could say "you just wanted to buy something for yourself because they were all shopping, and you were only in the women's departments"....what else could you buy. Maybe they would join in and help you pick out a really cute ensemble and let them play it to the hilt, even insisting that you try the stuff on for them to see you...thinking they are having fun with you, when really...YOU ARE the one having the fun........It could happen?

carhill2mn
04-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Thank you for sharing a great story! What a great wife you have! IMHO one does not have to appear to be or act feminine in order to be considered "one of the girls". I think it is your over-all attitude towards them as well as women in general. You are entitiled to think of this as a compliment.

Kaz
04-23-2011, 02:39 PM
It is amazing how many men behave in a certain way with women and totally different with other men. To me this is just anathema. I have always regarded people as people regardless of gender, race, creed, etc.. BUT... I do prefer being around women... I always have and I prefer being with women than men. And they really like guys who like being around women with no competitive, need to hit on you attitudes.

I certainly have more "girl" friends than guys... that's fine by me, whatever clothes I want to wear!

suzy1
04-23-2011, 03:07 PM
I have had the same sort of experience and it made me feel good in the sort of way I can’t explain. It was just nice.
And what your wife said to you was lovely.
A “feel good story” Thanks Jo-Anne.

SUZY

Billie Jean
04-23-2011, 03:36 PM
The last place I worked I was told that I was like one of the girls. I took it as a compliment but it kinda bruised my male ego. I liked being one of them as I got hear all their juicy stories. We were talking about breast cancer and one of the showed me her breast as I was the nurse and she was the CNA. I was professional about it though. Biilie Jean

Babette
04-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Thank you for sharing a great story! What a great wife you have! IMHO one does not have to appear to be or act feminine in order to be considered "one of the girls". I think it is your over-all attitude towards them as well as women in general. You are entitiled to think of this as a compliment.

I totally agree with Carole statements. There seems to be too many people in the world who's actions toward others are anything but admirable. The compliment given to Jo-Anne clearly places her within the ranks of decent and honorable people. Congratulations Jo-Anne, you have earned the respect of your coworkers and so many of us from this forum.

Babette

Momarie
04-23-2011, 04:10 PM
In answer to Paula Sieman...

Um,
No, I think not.
Can you even spell reality?
Let alone live in it?

abbykins
04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I think your wife is amazing! This thread has me laughing about myself. I have mostly girl friends and I've begun to experience being treated like one of the girls recently. It'll only get better as my habits change!

Rianna Humble
04-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Great anecdote, Jo-Anne and great response from your wife. Thank you for sharing it with us.

In response to your question, the nearest that I came to something like that whilst I was pretending to be a man was a number of GG friends who told me that I was like a big sister to them.

joandher
04-23-2011, 04:37 PM
A good few years ago, I use to go horse riding and I was the only male at the stables with about 15 girls/woman, when one of them announced that she was getting married and that all the girls/woman were invited to the hen night , as we were a close knit group I was feeling a little bit sad when they were talking about the details and making it fancy dress ,when one of them said what will I be wearing, I said well its a hen night, girls only isn't it when another said well you are one of us, and another said don't worry we will dress you up, and they did, all girly bra stuffed with socks, wig, stockings, the full Monty,even little kitten heeled shoes,they did my makeup and we had a ball! (they didn't know that I was C/Ding at the time) and that was the first time I went in the Ladies toilets, boy did I hear some tales,
I still see some of the girls now and then and we still talk about that and other adventures and parties we had.

Hugs to all

J-JAYxx

pernille d
04-25-2011, 01:42 PM
I know how you feel. I am the only guy in company of 20+ women. I am sure women have the extra sence that is talked about in this thread. I don't feel left out and I know that I am accepted and some do wonder sometimes how much I know about female things but no one has asked or questioned me

There maybe is another interesting thing to point out and that is that I feel I relax more being surounded buy women and I am sure one day I will let something slip or someone will ask me as some times I know I come close to saying things that only women understand or know.

kimdl93
04-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Its happened to me a number of times, both with my co-workers/associates and with my wife's co-workers. One female associate introduced me to several of her friends as Marta - she thought I needed a less sexually ambiguous name than Kim!!! Another time several of my wife's female associates had a Christmas party. Our hostee observed that although I was the only male present, I was just like one of the girls! Now if I could have had the courage to attend fully dressed.

Sarah Doepner
04-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Yes, I was "approved" by the women in the office and while I wasn't one of the girls, I was not considered to be one of the men either. I was still deeply closeted at the time and all they had to go on was my personality and the respect I showed them. I think it was the latter that made the difference. The women were in subordinate positions and treated poorly by the managers and with indifference by most of the men. I recognized the women made the office run and I guess the best way they could show their appreciation was to include me in their group. I don't know if it changed my view of femininity, but it did point out some of the things about masculine behavior that I didn't like all that much.

Nikki A.
04-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Usually when the girls are dishing dirt and one of the guys walked in the office, the conversation stops. I walked in and one of them just looks at me and says "it's all right he's like one of the girls" and they continued on.

NicoleScott
04-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Jo-Anne, maybe you should take all the credit for this. Could it be that you listen to your female co-workers and engage them in conversation about items of iinterest to them? I can picture the retiring staffer as Homer Simpson thinking about donuts while Marge is trying to talk to him.

Anna B
04-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Where I used to work, I was acknowledged as an honorary woman. I take it that's the same thing...

Do you think they sensed it?

Anna x

juno
04-26-2011, 08:24 PM
There are many ways to be a feminine male. Some may think you are possibly gay, metro-sexual, a cross-dresser, or just a really nice guy. But, I think that most women don't care how you express your feminine side. They just know that you can understand them, and not hung up on stupid "man stuff".

I am taking belly dancing classes, and I am the only male. I am dancing as a male, but totally open about being feminine. I asked my teacher if anyone thought I might be gay. She said that the other students really don't think about it; they just see me as a dancer. They know I'm not like "regular" guys, but the details just are not important, because I am not trying to date any of them. Office groups are probably similar.

MarcyRex
04-26-2011, 10:12 PM
It has happened to me. I was informed that I was in the GF club while in the company of my male coworkers. I got a big grin on my face and took it as a compliment, but my "buds" look of shock when I didn't deny it with masculine indignation was even better. Yeah, the women knew, and now so did the guys. Outside of a few humorous comments, and some serious questions that weren't quite questions (DADT), I was treated the same. Well except the one civilian non-closeted gay guy, we got along without hypermasculininty being involved, quite the opposite as he was part of the GF club too. Surreal for me, uncomfortable for my male buddies. That was the one unit I felt I almost could truly be myself. 50/50 mix of civ and mil.

Yolanda_Voils
04-28-2011, 11:22 PM
I too have always been better friends with girls at work than men, even before I became serious at CD'ing.

The men at work would find out that even though I was slight in build, that I was no pushover.
I've been known to bow up on dudes so big I had to tippy-toe to go nose to nose :D

Feeling closer to women is second nature to me. When I was young helping in the kitchen was natural, I remember my aunts commenting on how "helpful" I was.

Even today I don't hesitate to wash dishes at my mother in law's house or my sisters..
I'm far far from caring what anyone thinks about me, though my family is not aware of my dressing..

I've always had beauty queens for g/f's so no thoughts of varying sexuality ever came up.
So far it still stands.

Samantha W
04-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Me too. I’ve always had close relationships with woman and very few with men.

sprlagate
04-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Yes! I am always asked by girls for my opinion on subjects reserved for women. And have been told many many times that I come off very feminine. Always, in boy mode of course.

Jenny Doolittle
04-29-2011, 09:16 AM
It is so nice to have people feel so comfortable about you that they can speak the truth. Two compliments from people that matter in your life, You are a fortunate person.