PDA

View Full Version : Morale booster

Michelle 51
04-23-2011, 05:31 PM
I've only been out several times and that was with a friends for support so yesterday on my way to a support group I decided its time to try this alone so I stopped at a coffee shop.I took a seat to the side out of the way and was just enjoying my coffee when an 50ish lady and her husband got up to leave.As she walked by she smiled at me then stopped turn towards me and in a low sweet voice so she wasn't overheard said "I love how you are dressed.You are very nicely put together".It was obvious she had read me but just wanted to let me know that she was ok with it and for whatever reason put me at ease.I said thank you and was glad that I was wearing a lightly tinted pair of femme sunglasses so she couldn't see a tear forming in my eye.Her kindness is beyond words because its obvious she had no aggenda except to be nice to a very nervous crossdresser.

Lainie
04-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks for sharing--these are the ladies I want to be like. If we respect ourselves, others will respect us also.

AllieSF
04-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Acts of kindness sometimes come from the strangest places and at the most unexpected moments. That act of kindness helps me understand why some people do that, and, in a way, are paying it forward, expecting nothing in return. Too bad she could not read your wonderful and uplifting post above. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia Anne
04-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Very nicely said! There are a few nice people left out there! They all haven't all died!

PretzelGirl
04-24-2011, 08:30 AM
That was very nice of her. She could have easily just been okay with everything and moved on but went out of her way to make you fell comfortable. Bless her!

Cheryl T
04-24-2011, 08:43 AM
I had a similar experience last weekend.
My spouse and I went out shopping and stopped at a Macy's. We shopped a bit and I found a few things I wanted to try on so off I went to the dressing rooms. I didn't like my selections, but someone left a top in the room that was my size. I tried it and loved it so I went out to see if my spouse was close by (I left my purse in the dressing room) to see it and comment. She was on the other side of the area and I didn't want to shout. I stayed a few moments, then went back to the dressing room. I decided to give it one more try but she was still on the other side. Just then and older lady was going to the dressing room herself and as she passed me she said, "you look great honey". I thanked her and bought the top.
What a boost that was. People can be nice.

Tina B.
04-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Michelle, and Cheryl, both sweet stories, it's nice to know there are some really nice people left out there, and they are not afraid to speak out. Michelle, I understand that tear, it must have been a warm feeling, after sitting there all alone for the first time.
Tina B.

Billie Jean
04-24-2011, 08:57 PM
When I went to The Lipstick Lounge a girl there told me how much she liked the way I was dressed. She said I was very good at matching my outfit and she loved my shoes. It made me feel good about myself. Billie Jean

t-girlxsophie
04-24-2011, 09:29 PM
those are the experiences that make it all worthwhile,and I bet you were flying high for the rest of the day

Sophie

Julogden
04-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi Michelle!

Congratulations! That had to be an amazingly wonderful experience, and you deserve it, dear!

Carol :hugs:

Eryn
04-24-2011, 11:22 PM
That was a touching story. Kindness comes in many interesting forms.